Van der Vaart (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
wow 9m euro is daylight robbery, i'm sure that sum isn't correct. this is a real shame as he would have been a good target for us and i'm sure he'll be a great player for real. Dammit
Oh, I'm sure the number is correct and he'll kill for Real. van der Vaart would have provided a spark either starting or off the bench, so if we didn't buy him because dotard Ranieri doesn't want to play a diamond in midfield, we're truly idiots.

What a shitty excuse for transfer period this has been.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wow I am speechless...only 10 million for van der vaart. Unbelievable cuz now apparently chelsea are ready to offer millions for diego and inter looking to zapata...the way we work there won't be anyone left to buy, everyones prices will only go up higher even because multiple teams are after the player would boost their transfer prices...maybe I worry to much but those are 3 players and even one would be great to have at juve.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Hmmm, when we were linked with VdV, weren't they mentioning 15M Euros and more. Lol, we are the poor club and Real are the rich club, you're supposed to be exploiting them, not us.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Oh, I'm sure the number is correct and he'll kill for Real. van der Vaart would have provided a spark either starting or off the bench, so if we didn't buy him because dotard Ranieri doesn't want to play a diamond in midfield, we're truly idiots.

What a shitty excuse for transfer period this has been.
I will cry myself to sleep if the number is correct. VDV would have been amazing for us and just what we needed - i just cant understand why we didnt have a real push for him, for real he was a back up to CR and he should have been our no1 target for a midfielder. What are Ranieri and our makeshift board thinking??

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We weren't after van der Vaart, no need to cry over what happens with him. Ranieri made it clear that we're not looking for an AMC.
This is all right. We may argue here if we needed him or not but the coach didn't want such player.

What i'm worried about is something else.
We weren't after vdV but we were after Flamini, Alonso, Stankovic and Poulsen. Since we tried to sign them then Ranieri obviously though that he needs them.
The problem is that we wanted to buy only 1 of them.
Now, apart from Flamini and Poulsen who are similar (same) type of players, Alonso and Stankovic, even though midfielders, are very much different than the other two.
So the question is what was our priority ? Did we need a DMC, an all round midfielder like Stankovic or a deep lying playmaker like Alonso ?

We discuss here, sometimes argue, what is our priority in midfield. Some say a creative midfielder, some want more versatile players, some AMC's, some DMC's.
But at least we know what we want.
With Ranieri it seems as if he doesn't really knows what he wants.
We were after Flamini, that's fine. Why didn't we try to buy another DMC after we failed with Flamini but we went to Liverpool to try buying Alonso ? After things with Alonso got complicated why didn't we try to buy a DMC or another playmaker like Alonso but we tried to get Stankovic ?
At the end we bought Poulsen, but i'd have been much more calm if we went after Poulsen right after we missed out on Flamini.

It seems to me as if we don't have our priorities set .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)