Van der Vaart (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
Oh, you don't know about Micho?

He is Secco's gay lover, he actually is the reason Juve aren't buying any big names this summer. You guys will hear about it sooner or later anyway.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
If Real get Van der Vaart for 10mil euros il be sick, that would be a bargain. Why arent we pulling off moves like this? dont answer i think i know why....

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
If Real get Van der Vaart for 10mil euros il be sick, that would be a bargain. Why arent we pulling off moves like this? dont answer i think i know why....
Because vdv wants to go to spain and turin was not in spain last time i checked.
Because he wants a shitload of money as salary
Because we don't play with a trequartista
Because we don't actually need another midfielder until we sell almiron and /or tiago

Must be something out of these...

I like vdv, but if we don't need him (because of the reasons stated above) we should just let it go...

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Because vdv wants to go to spain and turin was not in spain last time i checked.
Because we don't actually need another midfielder until we sell almiron and /or tiago

I like vdv, but if we don't need him (because of the reasons stated above) we should just let it go...
didnt VDV say that he really wanted to join us when we supposedly made a bid? the only reason is that now we have cut our losses and got poulsen we just cant go after him.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
:agree:
Also Real has plenty of Dutch players so he will fit in easily there.
didnt VDV say that he really wanted to join us when
we supposedly made a bid? the only reason is that now we have cut our losses and got poulsen we just cant go after him.
It appeared on several websites, but that doesn't mean he has said it himself.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

I knew that, thats why i said dont answer :lol:

JuveUltra

Sep 29, 2006
yeah i'm pretty sure he said he was keen to come to us at one stage, he would be an ideal replacement for nedved.
The reason why we aren't buying players at bargins like this is because our heirachy are just f*%^ed, they'd rather buy players like almiron and poulsen, we need to get rid them and bring back the tri-ad

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
yeah i'm pretty sure he said he was keen to come to us at one stage, he would be an ideal replacement for nedved.
The reason why we aren't buying players at bargins like this is because our heirachy are just f*%^ed, they'd rather buy players like almiron and poulsen, we need to get rid them and bring back the tri-ad
when we were so heavily linked with him, there was NO official statement from our management or anything. The media just quoted each other up to the point where the deal was supposedly 'done'. vdv was asked if he'd like the fact to play with alex, and he said yes. And there we were... 'done deal'. I think at that moment, vdv was so desperate to leave, he'd probably have said yes to every club he knew the name.
Ranieri came and said 'NO', and the whole deal has collapsed (not that there was any deal going on, but let's just say it collapsed). End of the story.
I don't see where all the problems are. If vdv really is such a bargain, why isn't any other team behind him. This is all a bit fishy in my opinion. Plus, he started as a captain in their first friendlies for hamburg... don't know if you do that to someone who has been sold already... In my opinion, either there will be other teams asking for him and his price will go up, or he'll stay at hamburg for another season...
A bit offtopic, but still; do you think vdv can even start in real? I don't know what system they're playing but aren't they already pretty well settled in midfield?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Do you hate all creative players who can pass the ball?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
La Liga - Real swoop for Van de Vaart - report
Eurosport - Fri, 01 Aug 12:53:00 2008

Real Madrid have signed Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart from Hamburg for nine million euros (£7 million), according to radio station Cadena Ser.

Under the deal Hamburg will also get a bonus which will vary depending on the performance of the 25-year-old midfielder, whose mother is Spanish, the station added.

Real's German coach Bernd Schuster has long been a fan of the player, but Hamburg were reluctant to let their chief playmaker and captain leave as they continued their quest for a Champions League berth.

Last week Hamburg boss Dietmar Beiersdorfer said the German side had rejected an offer of seven million euros for the Dutchman who has made no secret of his desire to play for a major European club.

But Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said in an interview earlier in the week that the Spanish side was close to signing the player.

"He is a player that Schuster and the coaching staff like a lot and the deal is close. We are waiting to reach a definitive agreement with Hamburg, but it shouldn't be difficult," he told AS.

Cadena Ser said the player would be officially unveiled as a Real Madrid player on Monday.

Van der Vaart has publicly stated he is happy to play another season at the north German club.

eurosport.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)