Van der Vaart (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
24/01/2008 15:00

Juventus Approach Gives Van Der Vaart “A Good Feeling” Rafael van der Vaart’s move to Turin looks now more likely than ever, as Hamburg and Juventus have officially begun negotiations and the Dutchman himself says he feels honoured by the Italians’ interest.

Several Italian media reported yesterday that La Vecchia Signora’s sporting director Alessio Secco had come to an initial agreement with the Germans over a possible Van der Vaart transfer in the summer, a year before the international playmaker would be able to leave his club for just 1.5 million euros.

Hamburg confirm talks

Juventus are reportedly prepared to offer 17 million for the 24-year-old star, who has also been linked with a number of English and Spanish clubs in the past few months. Hamburg confirm that negotiations are ongoing, but have yet to announce an agreement.

“We are in talks with Juventus, but we are not in a position to say anything more at the moment.” HSV chief press officer Jörn Wolf has said. Vice-chairman and director of sport Didi Beiersdorfer declined to comment on the issue, even though he and Bernd Hoffmann, the club’s board president and managing director, were the ones who met up with Secco on Tuesday.

Van der Vaart honoured

The former Ajax man, who moved from Amsterdam for less than 5.5 millions in July 2005, has told Bild tabloid that he has not had any contact whatsoever with the Italian giants.

“I feel particularly honoured. It’s nice that a big club like Juventus want me. It gives me a good feeling,” Van der Vaart was quoted in an interview published today. “I have no idea when a decision will be made. This is just the beginning. But I’m pleased that my club are talking to possible buyers. It was different last summer in the Valencia case.”

The Hamburg captain denied that his agent, Søren Lerby, has already reached an agreement with Juventus, adding that he would be happy if the matter were to be resolved as soon as possible.

Van der Vaart was also asked why he’d like to leave Germany in favour of a debt-ridden and scandal-hit calcio. “This situation doesn’t shock me. Juventus are the biggest club in Italy, they’re building a new stadium and they want to stand up to Serie A champions Internazionale next season.”

Panos Bletsos, Goal.com

bullitnuts

Coconathan;)
Sep 30, 2006
24/01/2008 15:00

Van der Vaart was also asked why he’d like to leave Germany in favour of a debt-ridden and scandal-hit calcio. “This situation doesn’t shock me. Juventus are the biggest club in Italy, they’re building a new stadium and they want to stand up to Serie A champions Internazionale next season.”

Panos Bletsos, Goal.com
ok i resented that. maybe they shouldn't look too far from their own backyard.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't get why the board have not hopped on VDV! He wants to join us and Hamburg have to sell him soon!! He is exactly what we need and they are looking at fucking Sissucko!!!! I do like the idea of Mourinho coaching juve though. If we could get VDV and recall giovinco and Marchisio that would be one hell of a midfield. Also we would need to kick Tiago's fatass out the door.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
VDV stresses Juve desire Thursday 24 January, 2008
only Secco could possibly fuck this up now

the fact that he knows that we are planning a new stadium means either 2 things-

1. that he follows juve and knows a bit about the club, because everyday football fans probably wouldn't know that.

2. that the management have been talking to him and are trying to convince him to join us and mentioned the new stadium as a way to attract him.
:agree: good point there! u would think he must have spoken to the management or genuinely follows juve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)