Van der Vaart (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
BERLIN (AFP) — A pair of the Bundesliga's brightest stars - Werder Bremen midfielder Diego and Hamburg captain Rafael van der Vaart - are being hunted by Italian giants Juventus, according to reports here.

While Werder are battling hard to keep the services of their Brazilian midfield maestro Diego, Hamburg confirm they have already spoken to Juventus about naming a price for want-away Dutchman van der Vaart.

"We are in discussions with Juventus, but we can't say more at this stage," Hamburg spokesman Joern Wolf told German agency SID.

Van der Vaart is under contract until 2010, but can leave Hamburg next year for a fixed transfer fee of 1.5 million euros (2 million US dollars), but the 24-year-old is reported to be worth 20 million euros (29 million US dollars) in the current market.

The Dutchman has rejected a contract extension and has made no secret of his desire to join a big European club, having been famously photographed with a Valencia shirt last summer which drew Hamburg's wrath.

Meanwhile, Werder's director of sport Klaus Allofs denied rumours of an approach from Juventus for their star who has already been targeted by Spanish giants Real Madrid.

But Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has long since voiced his desire to see Diego play at the Stadio Olimpico di Torino in Turin.

"There is no inquiry from Juventus, and we will not talk with any clubs about signing Diego, he is a firm part of our plans," said Allofs about his star who is contracted until June 2011.
VDV looks to be in a better position for us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Secco Strikes Initial Van Der Vaart Agreement

Juventus sports director Alessio Secco has come to an initial agreement with Rafael van der Vaart’s representatives about signing the Dutch star, according to Tuttosport.

Van der Vaart

Secco was in Germany yesterday and after a series of discussions, he received some positive responses about the possibility of bringing van der Vaart to Turin at the end of the season.

The transfer director, who has received some stinging criticism due to some previous disastrous signings, is now set to open negotiations with the playmaker’s club, Hamburg, over a transfer fee.

Van der vaart, who has scored nine league goals this season, is certain to leave the Bundesliga in the summer as he has a clause in his contract that allows him to be sold for just €1m at the end of the 2008/09 campaign.

Juventus are in desperate need of a creative centre midfielder and are set to spend the bulk of their summer transfer budget on a player in this position

Diego

The Gazzetta dello Sport claimed yesterday that Secco was in Germany to negotiate a deal to sign Werder Bremen star Diego, particularly after Ranieri suggested that Van der Vaart would not be arriving at the club.

Despite the conflicting reports it certainly seems that van der Vaart and Diego are both still Juve’s top transfer options for the summer.

Lucchini

In other transfer news there are reports that Juve are lining up a bid for Sampdoria defender Stefano Lucchini.

The 27-year-old has impressed for the port club this season, since signing from Empoli in the summer.

Juve are in dire need of strengthening their backline, as with Giorgio Chiellini, Jonathan Zebina and Jorge Andrade injured, and Domenico Criscito being sent out on loan by Secco, they currently have just Nicola Legrottaglie as a natural centre-back option.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
it is on Belgian teletekst that Hamburg has admitted they are in talks with Juve over VdV, although no deal has been struck yet. Apparently we have also sold Boumsong to Lyon for 3 million euros. It also says that this iis a meager sum for a French international.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Juve, preso Sissoko si tratta Van der Vaart: 'Bello sapere che mi vogliono'

11:57 del 24 gennaio

Van der Vaart"E' bello sapere che la Juventus mi vuole". Rafael van der Vaart commenta così l'interessamento della Vecchia Signora nei sui confronti. Secondo il quotidiano 'Bild', martedì scorso il direttore sportivo bianconero Alessio Secco avrebbe incontrato i dirigenti dell'Amburgo, club di appartenenza dell'olandese. "Non abbiamo nulla da dire", ha detto il ds dell'Amburgo, Dietmar Beiersdorfer. "Non so nemmeno se sia stata presentata un'offerta all'Amburgo" dice l'attaccante che ha rifiutato di prolungare il contratto che lo lega alla società tedesca fino al 2010. Il giocatore può liberarsi nell'estate 2009 versando appena 1,5 milioni di euro. La cessione alla fine della stagione attuale, quindi, appare inevitabile.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
VDV stresses Juve desire Thursday 24 January, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rafael Van Der Vaart insists that Juventus are the biggest club in Italy and reveals that he hopes to join the Bianconeri as soon as possible.

Juve have made a successful return to the top flight, but will need to strengthen if they are to challenge the formidable Inter.

The midfield has been Claudio Ranieri’s Achilles Heel this term and while he is set to welcome Mohamed Sissoko to his ranks, Van Der Vaart is also on the horizon.

“I am honoured that Juventus are interested in me,” the Dutch international told Bild.

“It is a great feeling to know that they see me as a figure for their restructuring.

“But I’m mostly pleased because it shows that my performances for Hamburg are being appreciated outside Germany. We are in the title race and we will fight to the end.”

Bild also states that Juve sporting director Alessio Secco was in Hamburg on Tuesday and is close to finding an agreement with the German side, but Van Der Vaart is in the dark.

“I don’t know when a deal will be done as I haven’t spoken to the Juventus directors yet,” he insisted.

“Juve behave properly and they will speak to Hamburg before they talk to me, but there won’t be a problem coming to an agreement on personal terms. I hope a deal can be done as soon as possible.

“I was amazed by the scandals that hit Italian football but Juve are a great club – the biggest in Italy.

“They want a new stadium and a new strong side to take on Inter and I hope to be a part of that.”

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
the fact that he knows that we are planning a new stadium means either 2 things-

1. that he follows juve and knows a bit about the club, because everyday football fans probably wouldn't know that.

2. that the management have been talking to him and are trying to convince him to join us and mentioned the new stadium as a way to attract him.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
how can a man with so much quality begging so bad to be part of Juve and we sit and do nothing what the fuck is wrong with or directors :S
Who says we are doing nothing?
He states that there all talks between Juve and HSV, but believe me, it won't be easy negotiations, HSV will try to get as much as possible for him.
Also, who says everything the papers write is true, maybe it is all invented.

Mar 24, 2006
“Juve behave properly and they will speak to Hamburg before they talk to me, but there won’t be a problem coming to an agreement on personal terms. I hope a deal can be done as soon as possible.

They want a new stadium and a new strong side to take on Inter and I hope to be a part of that.”
First , we must reach the agreement with Hamburg side , then he will come to us :scarf:

I do love the 2nd bolded part :bow:

Forza VDV . Forza Juventus !!!

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
Well im certainly not from Trinidad...but its nice and warm here in Jamaica - especially for me with this 'news'. I will be careful not to get my hopes up too much though, i cant say that i have a lot of confidence in Secco and Blanc.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
i dont know but we need him hey Trinidad guy whats up :)? how is it in the tropics
Well i am certainly not from Trinidad but its nice and warm here in Jamaica. Especially with this VDV 'news', but i'll be careful not to get my hope up too much. I cannot say that i have a lot of confidence in Secco and Blanc.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
All I want is for just to get him for next season or even next we and also deigo and juve would be complety ready for for next season and maybe the dutch killa we need a replacement for trezgol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)