USA tour this summer? no, cancelled (5 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Lame, yet sadly not surprising at all.

Juve did seem to be able to get out of it without any problems whatsoever. And I can't recall Juve officially announcing the games in the States/Canada, so that does make you wonder...
You can't recall them officially announcing the games? They sold tickets and signed contracts.

I'm sure they had to pay some sort of fee for canceling.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It was on the official website in May.
Oh, was it? My bad, must have missed it then. Read about it somewhere else myself.
I guess they must have deleted it in the meantime, nothing in the May archive refers to it when you look now.

You can't recall them officially announcing the games? They sold tickets and signed contracts.

I'm sure they had to pay some sort of fee for canceling.
See above :D

I'm not here to defend or approve of what happened. Quite the opposite. I've had a couple somewhat similar experiences with the team, so I know it sucks.

I just found it odd that a week or 2 ago I read an official Juve statement saying they would announce the schedule for summer friendlies in the coming days/weeks.
Which struck me as odd, knowing that people on here had made arrangements, bought tickets, etc to go see those friendlies...

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Just came back to share this:

Dear Risa,
Thank you for contacting StubHub.

When you buy tickets to an event and the event doesn’t happen, we’ll refund the full amount of your order. We’ll send you an email notifying you of the cancellation. If your tickets were delivered electronically, as a PDF or Instant Download, you don’t need to take any action or return your tickets. We’ll send you an email with information about your refund.

OP

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
  • Thread Starter #1,092
    So are they refunding your tickets?
    they told us that the "promoter" is not doing refunds because they didnt cancel the game, they just replaced Juve with Santos.
    We are talking to the supervisor, he will get back to us today to give us their decision.... I will update you guys.

This is Juve's fault, bad planning, they should have waited until after the season to see if they will have the super coppa to play ... we have to write a letter to their head office in Torino and ask for compensation... totally not cool! Ppl took days off work, booked hotels hell even flights maybe to go see them and they pull this crap... not happy!

---------- Post added 22.06.2012 at 08:19 ----------

Where did you buy them from?
    from the UNLV ticket center... the site that advertised them at 1st.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
    Nov 26, 2008
    I found out about the cancellation yesterday and like everybody that purchased tickets I was pretty bummed. I paid over $200 to watch my favorite team play for the first time in Las Vegas. I can't get a refund, and I already have my room booked for that weekend; so I've decided to go anyway. Rest assured I'll be rocking the Juve colors and I'm also planning to take in a banner- to protest and/or to make fun of Real Madrid.

I'm not entirely pissed off about the cancellation, because it's understandable. I want Juve to be ready for the start of the season and not jet lagged. But it could of been avoided if De Laurentiis would of agreed to have the Super Coppa in Italy instead of China. So fuck you De Laurentiis.

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    Hi Risa,We're sorry to say the following event was cancelled. On the bright side, you're covered by our FanProtectTM Guarantee.DC UnitedSat, 07/28/2012, 6:00 PMYour refund will appear on your statement as a credit from StubHub Tickets. Please allow 10 days for us to process your refund.

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    Nope. I can't think of anyone else that I want to see. Plus I think it works like this, if you want to see the replacement team you have to purchase new tix.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    Are you not coming to DC at all?

And does anyone else have a spare ticket now, if you're all still going? I'd like to come with you, but would prefer not to have sit on my own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)