US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (44 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh, yeah, am a big, tall dark dangerous african :D

Nah, I am an expert to sense even the most subtle hints of bigotry, lifetime experience ;) And this is just funny bureacracy stuff. Illogical red tape stuff is their version of having fun, it was obvious the guy asking me of this didnt think it made much sense, but he was forced to do so by law, hehe.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What does carrying them around 24/7 have to do with voting? You just bring whatever ID is good enough (passport, bank card, credit card, whatever), they check that it's the same name that they have on their records, and you vote. I mean it's not like a war zone where you could find yourself in enemy territory at any time and therefore you need your papers on you.

god almighty
oh so now your a believer??:confused:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You mean you're FOR gun control?

Goddamnit you sonnabitch, me gonna shoot your dumbazzz!

Ohh wait, dats for da law thing.
second commandment says (and I know cause I just looked it up) you shall not say god's name in vain. which is like the most frequently broken commandment of them all (and hence the most pointless)

its like a stupid little eccentricity

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You have a good point. But you have to realize that without the current push in voter registration Obama would have no chance at becoming president.
Perhaps so, but that gives us an even worse perspective of the United States of America. I can't believe people would actually vote for one candidate just because the other is black.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
second commandment says (and I know cause I just looked it up) you shall not say god's name in vain. which is like the most frequently broken commandment of them all (and hence the most pointless)

its like a stupid little eccentricity
"I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
"I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time." - Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm so glad you didn't say "god is dead", the most frequent Nietzsche sentence of all time. Idiots from all over the place put that one quote up as some way to justify their own stupid opinions. And it paints a truly shallow picture of Nietzsche who actually questioned pretty much everything (as a philosopher should).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm so glad you didn't say "god is dead", the most frequent Nietzsche sentence of all time. Idiots from all over the place put that one quote up as some way to justify their own stupid opinions. And it paints a truly shallow picture of Nietzsche who actually questioned pretty much everything (as a philosopher should).
If I recall correctly, he even questioned himself. Man, that guy has so many quotes that are just "money."

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Perhaps so, but that gives us an even worse perspective of the United States of America. I can't believe people would actually vote for one candidate just because the other is black.
It's more than that. That is quite an over simplification.

Many people just don't register for a number of reasons.

A lot of youth didn't bother to register after the 2004 election basically decided that they were unimportant. Some are just turned off by the fact that we voted to elect Bush twice. Others didn't register after the 2000 election because they thought their vote doesn't matter.

Then you get a guy like Obama who is young, energetic, eloquent and has the ability to speak to the young voters and the disenfranchised in this country and its money. Except, thanks to John Kerry many of them aren't registered.

It's the same thing the hollywood liberals to time and again to the church going southern democrats. The Tim Robbins and Sharon Stones make the church folk feel unimportant. Many of them of course are black. Until this election the black vote in the south has been largely ignored. Obama is the first to ignite it since Clinton in 2002.

I'm sure race has to do with some of it, but the reality of the situation is that Obama is pulling from areas in the populous that have been largely ignored in past. Kudos to him and I welcome the new voters. There ain't no such thing as a bandwagon in an election like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)