US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (10 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know, those ads have made it all even worse. How anyone could be a Republican right now is beyond me. It's sickening to such an extent that I hardly feel like listening to someone who calls himself Republican. That's what American politics have become, that's how bad it really is.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You know, those ads have made it all even worse. How anyone could be a Republican right now is beyond me. It's sickening to such an extent that I hardly feel like listening to someone who calls himself Republican. That's what American politics have become, that's how bad it really is.
Welcome to my world. :agree:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well you can dislike that and still watch him because you think he has a point. I'm just wondering how Vin feels about that cause he's never told us.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well you can dislike that and still watch him because you think he has a point. I'm just wondering how Vin feels about that cause he's never told us.
Vin never tells us anything. He just starts shouting. The guy makes no sense whatsoever. He's what's wrong with American politics:

- he only like quotes, can't be bothered to listen to an entire interview
- starts yelling to make a point
- lies about crimes committed by his own side
- doesn't like Obama because he's an African American, but tries to hide this behind numerous other lies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Here's a thought. If we are to believe the stereotype that black people vote Obama because he's black, then presumably white people vote for a white guy because he's not black, in other words because he's white. So how is one any better than the other? The difference is the white voter has had his white candidate in the race from the start, the black voter is just getting his chance now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Here's a thought. If we are to believe the stereotype that black people vote Obama because he's black, then presumably white people vote for a white guy because he's not black, in other words because he's white. So how is one any better than the other? The difference is the white voter has had his white candidate in the race from the start, the black voter is just getting his chance now.
This topic is too hard to examine person by person.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not talking about Vin, I'm talking about people who say that blacks vote for the black guy because he's black.
I honestly don't know about that. I wouldn't vote on a guy just because he's white, but then again I'm I was never sent to the back of the bus because I was white, so who knows?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
A HISTORIC TICKET.... Now that Sarah Palin has been found to have abused her powers, violated state ethics, and lied about it, I did a little digging and found an interesting historical footnote.

The McCain/Palin ticket is the first in American history in which both candidates were found to have violated ethics standards before a national election.

McCain, of course, was admonished by Senate Ethics Committee "for exercising 'poor judgment' for intervening" with federal regulators on behalf of Charles Keating, as part of the infamous Keating Five scandal.

And now McCain's running mate has also been found to have violated state ethics laws and abused the powers of her office, as part of the "Troopergate" scandal.

The nation has had 102 major-party tickets covering 51 presidential elections over more than two centuries. And we've never had a ticket in which both candidates on the same ticket were responsible for ethics violations before a national election. McCain/Palin is the first.

It makes the whole "reform" pitch a little more difficult, doesn't it?
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)