US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (11 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Holy fuck......its for real?????
Osm, let me clue you in on something here. The reason the onion is hilarious is because it's true. The stories themselves are obviously made up, but the reality in which they are made up is a real one. Otherwise they would just be abstract and noone would laugh. So it surprises me that you'd be surprised at this story.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Osman, this is a weird moment for you. :D

Yes. If we believe the official newspaper of this city, Barack Osama appeared on absentee ballots.

No way this was a typo. They have proof readers who look for this stuff. And I mean this is something you cannot miss.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know satire uses the reality to be funny.

But seriously, this is unbelieveable either way, this disgraceful kind of mistake actually occuring, and nothing being done about it. Typo in my ass, insanely shameful stunt that deserves to have head rolled for it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I know satire uses the reality to be funny.

But seriously, this is unbelieveable either way, this disgraceful kind of mistake actually occuring, and nothing being done about it. Typo in my ass, insanely shameful stunt that deserves to have head rolled for it.
It's not an isolated incident. Do you remember prior to 2004 Michael Moore was telling those sarcastic jokes about the UN overseeing the US election to make sure everything was regular? Well, since then there have been quite a number of reported cases of election fraud. Things like the McCain campaign mailing people in strategic areas misleading information about the election so that they would show up at the wrong place and stuff like that. Like votes being accidentally "lost" with no explanation. And that's not even mentioning the whole electronic voting bonanza which is an unmitigated disaster. It seems rather surreal that in the 21st century you'd have election fraud in the "democratic" state, but it's true. The whole election process looks like a banana republic at times.

This Osama thing isn't a big revelation.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Election fraud I am aware of and expect very much, even though not to what extent exactly(like them not allowing poor people to register their votes because its a demographic that hardly votes repub).

But this case, its just not regular fraud. I mean its VERY MUCH in your face severe propoganda, even its just a minor county. They just "happend" to misspell his name to the name of the boogeyman of their whole country, no clearer propoganda then that. I mean the nerve to actually do that, and just apologise. Whats next? "Oops terribly sorry, we somehow managed to write Saddam, Hitler, Pol Pot Stalin as his middle names..."

Sep 26, 2007
Can you guys not make fun of Upstate NY? I would also like to tell you Ahmed don't hate on U of R because that is a really good school lol. Did you guys know Rochester is one of the smartest cities. Technically, Rochester is in Western NY so let us not lump this in with the redneck areas of NY.

:D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I find it amusing to hear about all this adorable latent racism around the place. Like kids in Texas sent home from school for wearing Obama t-shirts and stuff like that. I mean he's a frickin presidential candidate, not Castro.
so why are children wearing poltical shirts to school ?

Obama is turning into a Che Guevara type character (same politcal ideas as well)

I'm curious to know that if Arnold the governator was running for president, would he do well? what do people think of him in the states?
IF he could be president, he would be good for this country (better than Obama or Mc Cain)

Breaking News: Alaskan politicians move to allow public disclosure of Sarah Palin's dealings. She might possibly have some shady dealings.
Acorn, Reverand Wright, and Willie -boy Ayers come to mind, but why is Osama:p ....I mean Obama immune to the media grilling ??

He is a media sweetheart (I think they are afraid if they cross-examined him on some shady issues they would be labelled as RACISTS :shocked:.......only Bill O'Reilly had the balls to do it, and Barack was squirming like a fish)

I mean, they whole explanation about Reverand Wright with the "I wasnt there for that sermon, and I never heard him talk like that before" was such a bunch of bullshit, but the media gave him a pass

And the whole Ayers situation, another pass given to Obama....now, if its Sara Palin, you could best believe that the media grilling would be in place, including a skit on SNL tonight

I like NEITHER of the candidates, but whats fair is fair....

does this country need a radical-liberal in charge who doesnt believe in the American way, and wants to "change" it ?? No thanks.....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Vinni, she broke the law. As a police officer I would think you would be able to understand that she has acted out of order and not shift focus to other idiocy that may or may not be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)