US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (7 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Well, that's the thing isn't it? I'm not completely convinced by Obama yet, but he does look like an intelligent fellow. Which is a lot compared to McCain. Besides, it's simply criminal to vote Republican after eight years of Bush.

Vinman, for the love of God, don't vote McCain. Just stay at home.
hey historian, if you really knew and understood our election system, you would understand that since I live in a liberal- democratic state, my vote doesnt count either way

Obama has already won New York state

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
On a wholly unrelated note, let me tell you, Vinman... serving now on a jury for a criminal trial, I have a much greater appreciation for all the paperwork and other hoops cops and inspectors have to go through... :confused:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
dont know where he is, and dont really care TBH

"took the money and ran" is an expression we use here in the USA, it just basically means he was paid, but didnt keep his end of the agreement
Really? I thought it meant he had a big sack with a $ on it and ran down the street with it

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
dunno if its true, but I saw a documentary where it said that Obama is a 32nd level Freemason, and Hillary was also in the society 'cos of Bill...McCain would definitely be in there I guess
That's why, apart froma few policies that differencaite them, it doesn't matter who wins. They're all puppets with the same long term objectives.

If Obama really is a 32nd level of Freemason than he is one level short of being on the highest level!! If bot Obama and Maccain are in Fremasonary then i dont know who will win but if Obama is the only one then he will surely win!!! I am so fucking scared of Freemasons i cant even explain!!
Why be scared? Once you know what you're about and you're not a sheep.

Not all Americans are dumb. Not all Americans are uneducated. Some have common sense and are cultured.

But many, many, are fucking retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E
:lol: Stupid and racist as fuck.

"Why do you think he's (Obama) a terrorist?"
"He's got the bloodlines"

If he wins, a very patriotic person is gonna get rid of that terrorist.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
On a wholly unrelated note, let me tell you, Vinman... serving now on a jury for a criminal trial, I have a much greater appreciation for all the paperwork and other hoops cops and inspectors have to go through... :confused:
your brother never told you about the paperwork ?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
hey historian, if you really knew and understood our election system, you would understand that since I live in a liberal- democratic state, my vote doesnt count either way

Obama has already won New York state
Oh, but that's not my concern. I want the Americans to make a point, not just elect a democrat.

And as a matter of fact I do know your election system. It's complete bollocks and barely acceptable in a democracy.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
your brother never told you about the paperwork ?
Oh, I knew about it. Just that now I am now getting the direct perspective about how much a pain in the ass the legal system has to be in a "beyond a reasonable doubt" criminal case -- where people will grill you over whether crossing your "t" or not in your police report, or the detailed labeling on your property/evidence bags, could let a criminal go free.

I knew about it indirectly. I am now just seeing it in action first-hand.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
then they should be able to take care of the areas run by Al Queda and the Taliban, right ??
Washington should come and complain about Pakistan after they've taken care of their mess in Iraq and Afghanistan :tup:

he didnt take care of his end of the bargain, and help us get Bin Laden out of Pakistan...he took the money and ran
Who was it that wanted "democratic elections" in Pakistan and Musharraf out of office in the first place? :shifty:

US tells Musharraf to Bring back Benazir

America and Britain are seeking to broker a power-sharing deal between Pakistan’s president, Gen Pervez Musharraf, and the exiled former prime minister, Benazir Bhutto.

Benazir Bhutto remains popular in Pakistan despite previous allegations of corruption

A senior Western diplomat said that the two nations were exerting pressure on Gen Musharraf to broaden his political base by bringing Ms Bhutto into his government.

-http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/17/wpak117.xml

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Not all Americans are dumb. Not all Americans are uneducated. Some have common sense and are cultured.

But many, many, are fucking retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E
the guy with the camera : do you think obama is a terrorist.
lady : yes
the guy with the camera : then why did McCain stand with him on stage yesterday?
lady : because its his job
the guy with the camera : what, to stand on stage with terrorists??

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
sure this wasnt taken in West Virginia ??:p

just to give you both sides of the coin, let me take you to the corner of Jefferson Ave and Clinton Street in the city of Buffalo, in front of the A-1 Liquor store, and ask an Obama supporter a few questions (I know he's a supporter because he's wearing an Obama t-shirt)

me- "sir, I see you are an Obama supporter....can you tell me why you are supporting him ?"

supporter- "because he's black"

me- ""sir, do you know what he stands for, or what he is promising the American people if he gets elected?"

supporter- "doesnt matter, he's black, and he's got my vote....it's about time we goona get a brother in the White House"

so you see, Andrew, ignorance is everywhere, with both parties
Indeed, it is everywhere. But if you lived in a country where blacks ran everything your entire life, you'd be excited to see a white candidate go in office. It's historical. And unless the person didn't vote for anyone because they were white, this is harmless.

I find the people in the video I posted much more idiotic and harmful to this nation.

the guy with the camera : do you think obama is a terrorist.
lady : yes
the guy with the camera : then why did McCain stand with him on stage yesterday?
lady : because its his job
the guy with the camera : what, to stand on stage with terrorists??

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yeah, that was golden.

Stupid bitch.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
These ads are pathetic. Who's making them, dropouts from advertising school who couldn't get a contract for any commercial company?

My bad, McCain is a commercial company of course.
It doesn't matter who's making them. The ads are slimy by design.

What does matter is who believes in this nonsense.

Answer: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many.

In this way, I wish the US was more like Belgium.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Can you make a Nike ad in which you smear Adidas and put it on tv? Cause in Norway that's illegal. Which neatly brings us to the question why is it legal to run smear ads about politicians? It's essentially abuse via mass media.

If I don't like someone can I buy an ad on tv to bash him 24/7 for 30 seconds between every program?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Beats me Martin, but I do know there are slander/libel laws in place to mitigate groundless attacks in the business world. Unfortunately, however, these laws mysteriously disappear when politics are in question. Why we don't crack down on this crap, I'll never know.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It doesn't matter who's making them. The ads are slimy by design.

What does matter is who believes in this nonsense.

Answer: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many.
This is sad.
If someone decides to make such an ad he's doing that because he's convinced that it'll work. But he also knows that this ad could work only on the "sheep" because no-one with at least average intelligence could be convinced by this crap to vote anti-Obama.
So, if he knows that this will gain him millions of voters and if he knows that this will work only with the less intelligent ones isn't the guy who ordered the ad actually admitting that his voters are with a below average intelligence ?
I know that he doesn't care about the profile of his voters. He sees them only as numbers, but it's still sad and scary.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is sad.
If someone decides to make such an ad he's doing that because he's convinced that it'll work. But he also knows that this ad could work only on the "sheep" because no-one with at least average intelligence could be convinced by this crap to vote anti-Obama.
So, if he knows that this will gain him millions of voters and if he knows that this will work only with the less intelligent ones isn't the guy who ordered the ad actually admitting that his voters are with a below average intelligence ?
I know that he doesn't care about the profile of his voters. He sees them only as numbers, but it's still sad and scary.
That's what politics is all about in this country. Numbers. Numbers in Florida, numbers of sheep, numbers in financial statements. You're totally right in saying that the people who make these ads, and the people who approve these ads, are essentially admitting their voters are stupid. The Republicans have done a fantastic job brainwashing the masses through various techniques, something this country will not recover from.

I mean, Sarah Palin yesterday claimed that Barack Obama launched his political career with the "American terrorist" Ayers at the ripe age of six. :wth: Stuff like this is even in TV ads, along with claims that Obama is at fault for the current financial crisis when McCain had dealings with a person who corrupted the whole country for personal gain. These tactics work, but morally they stink to high heaven.

The Republicans have constructed a doomsday precedent within this country by using Obama's heritage as a fear factor to draw votes. This is very similar to what they did in the 1960's when the Dallas newspaper printed the headline, "JFK Wanted For Treason." Except that in this case, they are watering the racist seeds across the land, which will eventually blossom into a debacle this country should have been over with a long time ago. We are going back in time to where skin color matters.

We really are doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)