US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (6 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
Anyone on the east coast is powered by West Virginia. Oh and we're the only state in the union ever to be bombed by the US military. And like half the generals from the Revolutionary war came from Western Virginia. The economy of the American West was founded in West Virginia. As was the technology to drill oil. Remember the "milkshake"? We did that first. By several years. So all that refined crude that goes into your car only does so because it was invented just west of Charleston. Oh and unlike our cousins in Virginia we became a state because unlike George Bush and Texas we kind of like black people at the time.
WORD!
not entirely true....

Niagara Falls powers NYC, and other areas of the east coast...
FACT: Canada sucks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
not entirely true....

Niagara Falls powers NYC, and other areas of the east coast...
The Megwatts the state of WV put out are much more than Niagra. So it would be entirely true to state that West Virginia is responsible more the majority of power in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions because unless your power is from a hydroelectric dam then it comes from West Virginia mostly due to our coal production.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Megwatts the state of WV put out are much more than Niagra. So it would be entirely true to state that West Virginia is responsible more the majority of power in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions because unless your power is from a hydroelectric dam then it comes from West Virginia mostly due to our coal production.
Very dirty coal though. :p

But it doesn't really matter as there isn't such a thing as "clean coal." Just dirty and very dirty.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
so he didnt make all those statements about Israel, including his statement that the holocaust never happened ??

how about the many derogatory statements made at his UN visits ?

he really should have meet his death the last time he was in NYC, with all his anti-American rhetoric
Watch the whole thing, Vinni.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think my tutor brought up some nice points today. He basically came to the conclusion that Obama's lead is hyped by the media, in reality it'll be a much tighter race. One of the reasons being of course is that the evangelicans and the south part of America count for a big vote and they'll vote Republican. At the moment with the economic recession the right choice seems to be Obama.

However there are also some tweaks in Obama's foreign policy; one being his advocation for a withdrawal of troops from Iraq - if US followed Obama and withdrew their troops in 2006 it would've meant a morally damaging and big split in the army. But the US didn't and apparently Iraq is not such a big failure after all now (I mean you can't deny it's in a better state now than it was before.)

Next Obama would actually want to talk/meet with Ahmedinijan (sp?) without pre-conditions. To put it bluntly .... you don't sit or talk with people who plans to exterminate a race. (Ahmedinijan (sp?) is anti-Jew.)

And according to my tutor again when he want for some US military convention a few weeks back, three things about Obama do not seem to go well with the military. Their main concerns were:

1. the fact that he doesn't wear that american flag.. badge? thing on his shirt
2. his religion is still up for speculation
3. How important/much respect he has for the military.

Well that's what he said anyway. On a note unrelated to the elections, he shared with us his experience in the military convention. The weapons that the US are actually coming up with now is insane. China may well be on its way but the US is still strong. The military is actually in favour of attacking China now before they become a real threat to the US... which is why Taiwan could be a main trigger for anything to happen.
I'm sorry babe, but no no and no. Your tutor should catch up on his readings.

What does a flag pin or religion have to do with running a country? And Obama's respect for the military has never come into question. That news is pretty old, like primary election old.

As for his declaration that Obama will loose the entire south. It probably doesn't occur to him that the states with the greatest minority populations and highest amounts of poor people live in the South. In fact, Obama has been gaining in those polls pretty steadily for the last few weeks. Even the Fix News Poll has him coming on if not surpassing McCain.

I think meeting with Ahmedinijan is a great idea. Why not try a little diplomacy when it's obvious the "staying tough" strategy hasn't worked at all?

As for Iraq, it's all speculation. After all it is the Middle East aka the most unstable region ever. The Iraqi's probably did not have enough troops in 2006 to maintain a hold on their own country. They do now and it's obvious that Al Quada has strongholds in both Afganistan and Pakistan, which was the reason we invaded Afganistan first. The truth is, it's time for the Iraqis to stand on there own. We've completed our mission.

As for the invading China conspiracy, not gonna happen. 10 billion a month going into the occupation of Iraq plus whatever we have left going into Afganistan. There aren't the funds or the man power to mess with China. I don't know who your tutor talks to but invasion of China is not high on anyone's list right now. It's somewhere in between North Korea and Belize.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Very dirty coal though. :p

But it doesn't really matter as there isn't such a thing as "clean coal." Just dirty and very dirty.
Still doesn't take away from the fact that your power comes from WV.

As for clean coal, nothing is completely clean, but that triple scrubber technology is pretty sweet. Too bad the EPA doesn't feel like enforcing the installation.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I Loled when I saw Sally's weird little post said Obama's religion is still up for speculation (not as much as when I loled about invading china part though). It sad that insanely retarded propoganda like that has brainwashed people in Malaysia too.

Its fascinating how little one has to repeat an outright retarded lie like Obama is muslim, for people to actually believe that crap (nevermind he is an actual frequent church going christian, and not just one who goes there in election time as alot of those republican politicians who cateer to the bible thumpers).

Your tutor doesnt seem to be tiny bit too subjective at all btw, and bit dense to not notice the sweeping generalisations. Firstly the hilarity of intelligence gathering from meeting soldiers, cant be more oxymoronic then that. And secondly, saying the whole military wants to invade China (when military Generals are the most smart and experienced enough to know thats beyond retarded, politicians who never gone to war have monopoly on making inanely retarded decisions like that) based on him meeting some bloodthirsty little stupid grunts he met in an a military convention, who's whole existence when not fighting is screaming booya and bragging about how they can take on anyone (hence even China).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
American generals are eyeballing Pakistan at the moment. We're pretty close to a hot war thanks to a few border skirmishes over the last couple of weeks.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
mostly 'cos of American choppers/drones crossing Pakistani airspace
Oh I don't doubt that. The problem is with Al-Queada going back and forth across the borders. It's almost impossible for Pakistan to control its own borders. Pakistan's current leader isn't cool with our patrols or planes following those guys. It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)