US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (10 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think you quite realise how 9/11 has helped a certain political party...
Don't tell me you believe it too?
You see, this inherent "we know it all" nonsense needs to stop.

No, we don't know it all, and we only know what the government tells us. Questioning the people in power is only healthy, but of course this moronic country deems it as "unpatriotic."

This is why it took so long to figure out the whole Iraq war was a fucking farce.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
God she's such a dumb whore.

Please, someone shoot me if this country elects them. I can't take the embarrassment.
Watch this, do you see a difference?

Tina Fey oughta be a national hero. No amount of sensible debating can show what a mindless retard that is about to run your country, because she, like Bush, only needs to practice and say few rhetorical keywords to push the buttons of the drones and sway them with simple propoganda.

But there is NO escaping when an actual comedian impersonates you, USES your own words, and exposes your for what you are (Those who see it cant really excuse it away, they arent INVENTING shit). She isnt ridiculing Palin, like its common with spoofs, but she is more or less like an authentic method actor doing a part. Palin is ACTUALLY like this. It would be funny if it wasnt so scary.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I liked how Palin last night kept saying that McCain knows how to win a war.

I kept going back to the Web, encyclopedias, history books, etc., but sure enough -- every time I looked up the Vietnam War, the U.S. lost. :shifty:
we didnt lose...we decided to leave ;)

I saw no white flags from the USA

No, we don't know it all, and we only know what the government tells us. Questioning the people in power is only healthy, but of course this moronic country deems it as "unpatriotic."

This is why it too so long to figure out the whole Iraq war was a fucking farce.
ok....comparing the Iraq war to the attack on 9-11 is just laughable

tell me, Andy....were the pilots of the planes told ahead of time to turn over the controls to the terrorists ??

I bet you also believe that the Pentagon wasnt bombed, and that WE bombed it ourselves.....now if you believe that, then please tell me where the pilots, crew, passengers, and terrorists went ?

Answers that include Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis , Bruce Lee, and the Bermuda triangle dont count

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Watch this, do you see a difference?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZW4z9zqqY

Tina Fey oughta be a national hero. No amount of sensible debating can show what a mindless retard that is about to run your country, because she, like Bush, only needs to practice and say few rhetorical keywords to push the buttons of the drones and sway them with simple propoganda.

But there is NO escaping when an actual comedian impersonates you, USES your own words, and exposes your for what you are (Those who see it cant really excuse it away, they arent INVENTING shit). She isnt ridiculing Palin, like its common with spoofs, but she is more or less like an authentic method actor doing a part. Palin is ACTUALLY like this. It would be funny if it wasnt so scary.
I don't understand why she wasn't lambasted by EVERYBODY who watched the debates last night. I mean, she doesn't even have the wherewithall to formulate a concise argument! The fact that people think Palin won the debates last night really shows how dumbed-down this country has become, as anybody with any intellectual capacity can see she was verbally queefing out there.

But then again, it's no joke that the surveys conclude the most intelligent people in the US are located in the Northeast, the most liberal quadrant of the country. Compare the facts to the Republican strongholds and one can see why those people are easily fooled.

we didnt lose...we decided to leave ;)

I saw no white flags from the USA
PFFFFF :howler:

We lost that war just like we are losing the war in Afghanistan.

tell me, Andy....were the pilots of the planes told ahead of time to turn over the controls to the terrorists ??

I bet you also believe that the Pentagon wasnt bombed, and that WE bombed it ourselves.....now if you believe that, then please tell me where the pilots, crew, passengers, and terrorists went ?

Answers that include Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis , Bruce Lee, and the Bermuda triangle dont count
Vinni, I'm not going to argue with you regarding this issue. You have too much faith in what the government tells us to change your mind. I'm not trying to say the US government planned the whole event themselves, but I'm just open minded regarding the subject because honestly... that's the best way to go in my opinion. Too many discrepancies are there for me to rule out anything.

I like to research topics such as these, and one of the similarities I've found regarding similar events in history is that people get stuff wrong. As soon as the bombing in Oklahoma went down, Muslim Extremists were rumored to be at fault, and it even was stated so on TV. We all saw how wrong those sentiments turned out to be.

Whether you think I'm crazy or not, it doesn't matter. When the Bush administration has notoriously lied to the public on various occasions, it's in one's best interest to take everything with a grain of salt.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Assuming that some of you(or perhaps a lot of you) people will be voting for Obama,doesnt his apparent Pro-Israel stance piss you off?Im saying this primarily because i've been under the notion that people like Andy,Enron etc dont support America's current Pro-Israel stance.I could be wrong perhaps,but that's the impression i get the few times ive read this or any other thread about US/World politics.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Assuming that some of you(or perhaps a lot of you) people will be voting for Obama,doesnt his apparent Pro-Israel stance piss you off?Im saying this primarily because i've been under the notion that people like Andy,Enron etc dont support America's current Pro-Israel stance.I could be wrong perhaps,but that's the impression i get the few times ive read this or any other thread about US/World politics.
I am 100% against our stance with Israel, as I see them as a terroristic nation. Not to speak for Enron, but he is far more pro-Israel than I am (meaning I do not support the country whatsoever). So to answer your question, yes, Obama's Israel stance does piss me off.

But lets be clear here - no American Presidential candidate could ever be elected if they do not support Israel. This is guaranteed. If one doesn't support the Jews, they will automatically be lobbied against and will be condemned for not only their lack of "patriotism", but also their lack of humanity due to the the holocaust. In this country, it's seen as our duty to protect the Jews for some reason.

I absolutely abhor our friendship with Israel, but I know that this is the reality of the politics in this nation. As sad as it may be, I still have to vote for Obama because he's actually intelligent and has the correct internal views for this country. But I'd just like to see Israel be a non-factor in our politics for a change.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007

This is why it took so long to figure out the whole Iraq war was a fucking farce.
First, no one here called you unpatriotic and claims to "know it all." I tend to respect your opinions but this I can't agree with you on. I also don't appreciate being talked down to as if I have claimed to know it all. I don't form opinions on things I know nothing about and you know that. Learn to respect different opinions because I respect that I will not agree with you on everything even if you think I am crazy to believe what I believe. You and I are both educated enough to know not to believe everything that is told to us.

I question what the government has to say but, I also question what conspiracy theorists have to say. It would be stupid not to. Everyone knows about 75% of the bull shit that comes out of the conspiracy theorists' mouths is incorrect especially when it comes to things like 9/11. Their theories make sense when it comes to things like fighting a war for oil rather than to save ourselves from "weapons of mass destruction and then to liberate the Iraqi people." I also want to point out the Iraq war does not even compare to 9/11 so please make a real comparison if you want to make a point. The conspiracy that the Iraq war was really for oil was out before the war even began. I wrote my economic thesis about it 6 months before the war in Iraq by using reliable sources like the NY Times, etc which I got an A on and not failed while being called "unpatriotic" by my professor. So to even compare the ideals behind the Iraq war and 9/11 doesn't make sense.

The only research that backs up the 9/11 govt conspiracy is rap songs and unemployed filmmakers' documentaries which skew the facts to fit their message. I watched Loose Change and Loose Change II which is Loose Change with amendments because some of their points were so crazy they decided it was better to change it themselves to make their video believable. I then read an article by Popular Mechanics which proved about 90% of their video false. I also read what the government had to say as well in the 9/11 Commission Report (can't say I read all 600 pages of it but I got the gist of it). So I came to my own conclusion.

There might be some suspicious details about 9/11 but I don't think that means the government somehow convinced people to kill themselves for the sake of the Republican Party by leaving behind their whole families with no money, etc. Now I find that to be laughable.

:agree:

Vinni has a point. Andy maybe you should listen to it sometimes. There is a 5% chance at most that 9/11 was a Republican government plot to take over the United States.

PS If you actually think 9/11 was caused by the American government, anyone in the right mind would have moved out of this country immediately. I wouldn't live in a place where I thought I could get on a plane and be sacrificed for the good of a political party which is why a lot of people seek political asylum from their dictatorships and crazy governments. Not because you are unpatriotic but because you are worried for your safety and well-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)