US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (114 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Looks stupid. It's just another ploy to discredit everything Michael Moore makes.

Sadly, his points are laughed at even though they're spot on.

Status quo with this country remains.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well we do live in a time where the majority assumes that if you criticize your country you also want to blow it up. White people are so scared.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
We lost that war just like we are losing the war in Afghanistan.
so, when's the last time you took your helicopter over there to survey the situation, Andy ?

I receive the "unpatriotic" jibe all the time, and while Vinni might not say it outright, he certainly alludes to it. And I can't help to say that your, "you believe it too" comment was rather condescending as well, so it sort of seemed like you were trying to place me in the usual group of "crazies" just because we may think the USA isn't such a peace bearer. I don't believe you're crazy even in the slightest.

The term conspiracy theory is actually something that promotes bias towards the government. Whether or not it's valid, if one opinion is labeled as such, it will be ridiculed. Why? Because the thinking behind the opinion goes against everything taught in the United States. One person believes the government is corrupt, the rest of the populous thinks that person is wrong instinctively. And this is simply due to the fact Americans believe our country could do no wrong. It's a brainwashing success story.

I don't care about rap songs that have conspiracy theory within them. The fact you stated omething about this is actually alarming as you probably wrote that because you know I love hip hop. And if so, that's not cool Sarah. The 9/11 Commission Report, as you know, is also a government regulated source, so one shouldn't take it as truth either.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying the US was surely behind the events on 9/11 But what I want to do is uphold a standard of admitting I don't exactly know what happened, something everybody should concede, because we can only believe what the lying Bush administration tells us. It behooves us to keep an open mind.
I'll say it...you're unpatriotic !!

I see you are backpedaling from the 9-11 "conspiracy" statement.....no doubt our intelligence community fucked things up by not sharing info with each other (which also happens with police departments as well, seeing as though sometimes ego's get into the way of solving cases), but our government in no way, shape or form knew anything about these attacks before they actually happened (the vague info Bush got months before about a possible hijacking wasnt enough to deter this tragedy)

You serious Vinni? :D
yes sir

Not all documentaries skew the facts, Sarah. We don't know anything for sure, but it is pretty certain that the original story we got wasn't entirely correct. If you add those uncertainties to the political outcome an inside job seems plausible. I don't believe it was an inside job, but I do believe some people knew what was going on and did little to stop it.
see my above statements....no one knew for sure what the plan was, otherwise, it would have been thwarted

You left, just like Napoleon left Moscow when he figured out he was screwed. The invading force can always leave. That doesn't mean you didn't lose.
we could have stayed and carpet-bombed them into submission....or sent even more troops to wipe everyone out

be real, they couldnt beat us

agreed !!

Whorebag Palin talking BS about Obama again. God, I hope McBane and Palin lose badly, those dumbass motherfuckers. IqZero people in the White House should be hated. Fuck you maggots.
relax, Andy...its all part of the game

If you're playing checkers and you walk away, you don't get the win. Same rule applies here.
wonderful...we are comparing checkers with war

at least use a "Risk" reference ;)

this should be funny as hell !!:)

Looks stupid. It's just another ploy to discredit everything Michael Moore makes.

Sadly, his points are laughed at even though they're spot on.

Status quo with this country remains.
but its ok for SNL to trash Palin ??

theres enough humor to go around

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
wonderful...we are comparing checkers with war

at least use a "Risk" reference ;)
They are both games of strategy are they not? Perhaps chess would be a better analogy?

The bottom line is we did not complete our objectives in Vietnam. Those objectives were to stop the domino effect of communist states in Asia and in addition help the South Vietnamese government to maintain its own country. Neither of those were accomplished. Sure we killed a whole lot of Vietnamese, we killed Vietnamese to the point where the American public lost the taste for it and the soldiers left. If that's considered victory then No Child Left Behind has really messed my groove up.

Oh and just so there is no more debate, John McCain has never one a war. Unless you count the card game he plays with his grand kids every now and again.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
we could have stayed and carpet-bombed them into submission....or sent even more troops to wipe everyone out

be real, they couldnt beat us.

So you can kill even more civilians than you have already be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)