US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (4 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Wow, Dennis Miller just made himself look like a cunt again tonight on Leno.

I used to like this guy, but seriously, he makes himself look more like the redneck American day after day. Another loser we have controlling our airwaves.
Miller used to be so bad ass in the 90's when he had his HBO show and played pool with balls shaped like the world. Now he's just another sell out who got his prime time show taken off the air because he just isn't any good anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Miller used to be so bad ass in the 90's when he had his HBO show and played pool with balls shaped like the world. Now he's just another sell out who got his prime time show taken off the air because he just isn't any good anymore.
Isn't even funny. Now he's saying global warming is a farce. Honestly, this guy is a cunt. He may be funny to some minions but he can't understand a moving average in temperature trends.

Fuck him.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
you're young, you'll vote for Obama.....its the "cool" thing to do :p
Obama might be the "cool" thing to do :D but anyone who knows me knows I don't always do the cool thing unfortunately although my choosing to vote for Obama leaves me with great choices of outfits I can sport at the voting booth :p.

Vin and Sarah, at the Obama rally, sounds about right :D
Now that would be interesting :p.

I don't know about that. With spa appointments running you 2k/week (and not tax deductible, worst of all) I'm not sure you could make this last :p
I do want to make one thing clear. I plan on making more money then the guy I am with so I will never have to hear him nag about my spending. I support my own habits most of the time. Only one man is allowed to support my habits and that's my dad. Now that I am in law school with his encouragement he better pay 500 dollars for my spa days :p.

Is it true that they actually used her word and didn't come up with a script?
Yeah they used her Katie Couric one from Friday for the SNL one this weekend. The exact quote was even better than the one from SNL.

I don't like how Biden keeps putting on that really fake smile whenever he looks at Palin. He's trying to look nice but its obvious he wants to shank the bitch. Or maybe just plow her.
Really? I love Joe Biden's smile and I don't think it looks fake. I think it shows his confidence because he got her on every statement she made. When she tried to correct him on the Commanding General's statement from Afghanistan she used the WRONG name ffs. He owned that debate and the polls show that.

Why does Palin bring her baby everywhere? It's at a frigging post debate party. Put the kid to bed already.
Amen. I always say that and no one needs their 2 month old baby who has down syndrome out at 11 pm at night and he was still with her WIDE awake at Midnight.

I def think that Biden won this debate hands down and so far all the polls show he did. Palin def kept her composure because when you start throwing all your buzzwords into one sentence it sounds stupid. Although she needed to get her facts straight and I don't know....maybe learn more about McCain and his voting record.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Now that would be interesting :p.

I do want to make one thing clear. I plan on making more money then the guy I am with so I will never have to hear him nag about my spending. I support my own habits most of the time. Only one man is allowed to support my habits and that's my dad. Now that I am in law school with his encouragement he better pay 500 dollars for my spa days :p.
sounds good to me !!;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
yeah, okay....

you just showed how much intelligence you dont have
Indeed, Vinni. I'll admit it. I'm just a troglodyte homunculus. Perhaps once I'm older I shall "see the light" and make the correct decisions for this country.

Hopefully, though. Not my fault I was born an imbecile.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Indeed, Vinni. I'll admit it. I'm just a troglodyte homunculus. Perhaps once I'm older I shall "see the light" and make the correct decisions for this country.

Hopefully, though. Not my fault I was born an imbecile.
college is teaching you some books smarts, but your common sense is taking a beating

seriously, I am not gonna debate with a fellow American who thinks 911 was an inside job....its a stupid statement, and I expect someone like Rosie O'FAT to make such comments, not you

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
college is teaching you some books smarts, but your common sense is taking a beating

seriously, I am not gonna debate with a fellow American who thinks 911 was an inside job....its a stupid statement, and I expect someone like Rosie O'FAT to make such comments, not you
Man, I don't have any college education in politics or philosophy. My professors are too busy drilling into my brain programming languages such as Fortran 90 and Data Mining, along with the basic patterns in meteorology such as the Petersson Development Equation. My major is all science and we don't divulge ourselves into ethics or whatever nonsense.

Please don;t hold this against me. I only learn about science, programming and useful stuff in the business world.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Bad news, America: I got picked for my "common sense" and tomorrow get sworn in as a juror in a 2-3 week criminal trial for 6 non-violent felonies.

My day job is going to crush my head like a grape during that time...lovely.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007

:lol:

I love the nicknames you come up with.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I don't think you quite realise how 9/11 has helped a certain political party...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Bad news, America: I got picked for my "common sense" and tomorrow get sworn in as a juror in a 2-3 week criminal trial for 6 non-violent felonies.

My day job is going to crush my head like a grape during that time...lovely.
That's some big pants to fill, Greg. Prime seating at least. Have fun ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If someone who is learning Dutch makes a mistake, I will never make fun of him. If someone has an Italian phrase for a sig, just to show off that he/she understands Italian, it's a different story.
But that's when it's fun. You pick up a line somewhere, figure out what it means, and get a kick out of it. Once you learn a language properly you never have that same kind of mystery-driven excitement about it again.

And that's what most people do. We're here talking about stuff that happens in Italy and yet we're much too lazy to actually learn the language. And heck, if we did it might just stop being exciting anymore. In fact, that might have a lot to do with the fact that we're Juve fans rather than support our own local boring ass clubs.

It's a different thing altogether with you, cause you embraced the experience and put effort into it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But that's when it's fun. You pick up a line somewhere, figure out what it means, and get a kick out of it. Once you learn a language properly you never have that same kind of mystery-driven excitement about it again.

And that's what most people do. We're here talking about stuff that happens in Italy and yet we're much too lazy to actually learn the language. And heck, if we did it might just stop being exciting anymore. In fact, that might have a lot to do with the fact that we're Juve fans rather than support our own local boring ass clubs.

It's a different thing altogether with you, cause you embraced the experience and put effort into it.
True. But then again if you do pick up a line somewhere, you'd like it to be correct, right? I understand the dynamics you're talking about, hell I do the same with Spanish now and then (because it's so damn fun to shout in Spanish), but I do like to make sure it's right. Siamo Noi Ale fiascos are no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)