US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (5 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, now I totally understand what went down here.

The Republicans did not keep tabs on the banks and allowed for manipulation and idiocy to exist in the mortgage business, hoping that the economy will collapse so that the Democrats would have to raise taxes to cope, thus causing people to hate "Liberals" more.

Very shrewd plan, I must say.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Actually, now I totally understand what went down here.

The Republicans did not keep tabs on the banks and allowed for manipulation and idiocy to exist in the mortgage business, hoping that the economy will collapse so that the Democrats would have to raise taxes to cope, thus causing people to hate "Liberals" more.

Very shrewd plan, I must say.
it takes 2 to tango, Andy ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
just the republicans, huh ??

seem to remember that the Democrats are running congress, and lets talk about all their earmarks :shifty:
"Earmarks?" Glad to see we're once again throwing around words we have no idea what they mean, Vinni. :D

But seriously, the policies of the last eight years have most likely spurred on this recession. The Democratic congress came in too late to have anything to do with it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
well, I hope your right....

but we all know that these guys will say ANYTHING to get elected

dont be surprised if Obama gets elected, and raises taxes 20% on everyone making over 40k
Well taxes will go up no matter what especially with the bailout. That's something no one can escape. If you listen closely you won't hear either side saying "no new taxes" not even the guy who thought the fundamentals of the American economy were strong.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
"It's time that normal Joe Six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency." - Sarah Palin

If that is what people want running this country, I need to get out asap.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
"It's time that normal Joe Six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency." - Sarah Palin

Is that really what she said? It's like an self-insult, I haven't seen that in politics. It's basically a paraphrase of "It's time for Homer Simpson to be represented in the position of vice presidency."

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Is that really what she said? It's like an self-insult, I haven't seen that in politics. It's basically a paraphrase of "It's time for Homer Simpson to be represented in the position of vice presidency."
Yeah she really said that. I'll find the source for you if you would like. She tends to do the whole self-insult thing well. She made a joke about how she has been hearing Joe Biden's speeches since she was in second grade. She clearly forgot she is running with a 72 year old presidential candidate.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What is their purpose then? Government usually aim to reduce the inequality of wealth, but that would only increase the gap between the rich and the poor.
They just rent-seek for their own behalf while hiding behind the religious and weapon front to acquire votes. That's about it. Of course, however, there have been a few good apples on the right who got stuff done, but I'm afraid they've left the building some few decades ago.

Problem is, Republicans seem to be very nonchalant with the foreign relations as you might have guessed. For instance, under the Reagan years, Osama Bin Laden was a CIA tactician while in the Maktab al-Khidamat which strove to fight off the Soviets. We funded and aided them. Then, of course, we gave Saddam chemical weapons, and you know how that turned out.

I hope everyone is watching the VP debate tonight.
I don't know what it's worth really. I mean, no matter what happens, I'm still voting for Obama because 1) he has more character and 2) he's vastly more intelligent.

I'm tired of dummies in the White House.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't know what it's worth really. I mean, no matter what happens, I'm still voting for Obama because 1) he has more character and 2) he's vastly more intelligent.

It could be pretty entertaining considering Palin is retarded and Biden usually goes off on hilarious tangents.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007

Doesn't mean I am not voting for Obama. I think it is important to be up to date on all the politics out there especially when it has to do with our country. How else will I defend my decision to vote for Obama/Biden if I have no idea what is being said by both parties. I am surrounded by conservatives who feel that McCain/Palin are the better choice I enjoy being able to hold my own in a conversation about the election while being educated about both sides.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

:lol: I thought people were exaggerating when they said she was dumb, but that shit is funny. I wish I was home to watch the debate debate tonight. Hopefully, the highlights will be on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)