US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (4 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Vinni have you ever looked at it from their perspective? Regardless of how ridiculous his accusations may be to you, you have to look at it from their perspective. I'm not saying it'll open your eyes because it doesn't have to be that way, but you may be able to understand where they're coming from.

In other words, they're not pulling this shit out of their asses despite the fact that it may appear that way to you; it's all stemming from something.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
While we may give the world the most money, we also destroy most of the world. So it evens out nicely.

And besides, a LOT of the money we give to other nations is just pure RENT-SEEKING, an economic term for doing something that benefits only you and not the community in general.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
By the way Vinni, did you know that African Americans were used as guinea pigs to study syphilis in the 1930's? So for certain people to think that HIV was created by the government (yea I know it's ludicrous) isn't so outlandish after all.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
absolute numbers are what counts, thank you
For the country that's both by far the richest in the world and among the most populous, it's hardly an achievement to contribute the greatest amount in absolute numbers. Mario Jardel scored 130 goals in 125 matches for Porto. That's a far higher scoring rate than any Serie A legend. Does that make him better than Nordahl, Meazza and Piola? No.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
For the country that's both by far the richest in the world and among the most populous, it's hardly an achievement to contribute the greatest amount in absolute numbers. Mario Jardel scored 130 goals in 125 matches for Porto. That's a far higher scoring rate than any Serie A legend. Does that make him better than Nordahl, Meazza and Piola? No.
Pure crapita.

:D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Vinni have you ever looked at it from their perspective? Regardless of how ridiculous his accusations may be to you, you have to look at it from their perspective. I'm not saying it'll open your eyes because it doesn't have to be that way, but you may be able to understand where they're coming from.

In other words, they're not pulling this shit out of their asses despite the fact that it may appear that way to you; it's all stemming from something.
seriously, what the fuck do you know ??....first off, my best friend growing up was named Clarence Hutcherson, who definitely wasnt Italian...he's African-American. Secondly, I went to school with African Americans since I was 9 years old (thanks to de-segregation), and my high school was easily 65/25/10 % (black/white/Puerto Rican), and I saw with my own eyes that they have the same chances that I have, and they were no different than I was when it came to intelligence. The people who put the effort forth succeeded, just like in the real world

I know them just as well as they know themselves, thanks to my education, and that makes me a better police officer for it

By the way Vinni, did you know that African Americans were used as guinea pigs to study syphilis in the 1930's? So for certain people to think that HIV was created by the government (yea I know it's ludicrous) isn't so outlandish after all.
Did you ever hear of the Manhattan project ?? Enough people around here were exposed to that shit, and skin color made no difference......

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, I guess there was only one problem there: AIDS in America in the early years struck rich middleclass white people.

You could argue it was created by the government to do whatever it is they do, but not to attack African Americans. That makes no sense at all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our government gives more money to foreign lands than anyone other country (our tax dollars)- fact
Procentage wise the US gives one of the more lower aids compared to most developed countries. Thats how you count aid, how much you give compared to how much you have (how much of your GP goes to aid etc). Countries like Sweden who is smaller then an american state cant compete head to head, but if you count in procentile, they beat the US govt like many other western govts do.

Giving aid is good principle, but the politics of Aid giving is beyond obvious in many cases, you are more or less shackling the countries you give it to, having power over them like a dealer has power over a junkie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He does defenitely, without any doubt. You are Belgian right? You give one of the more higher aid rates, together with Sweden and few others.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This proposed "gas tax holiday" by McCain and Hillary is absolutely laughable. They want to take away the tax on gas for some days during the year to "lower" gas prices. But what they fail to understand is that with lower prices for one day, that will increase demand as more people will want to fill up their tanks. With the increase in demand on this day, that will naturally drive up prices for the rest of the week due to instability in the market. So in reality it will not save us any money whatsoever.

This is just fucking retarded. But too many people in this country are economically retarded that they'll believe this plan will work.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just read the first 30 pages of The Audacity Of Hope. Whereas I've agreed with every single word so far, this whole "hope" thing Obama cultivates scares the shit out of me. But maybe I'm just too much of a cynic.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Brilliant.

Polticians have been scaring folk with the threat of terrorism to ge their own way for the last few years, but you're scared when Obama speaks positively. :D

I don't like it either.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Just read the first 30 pages of The Audacity Of Hope. Whereas I've agreed with every single word so far, this whole "hope" thing Obama cultivates scares the shit out of me. But maybe I'm just too much of a cynic.
which is totally negated after listening to 2 minutes of a reverand Jeremiah "I hate white people and the USA" Wright rant...I mean sermon

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Didnt Obama just denounce and criticise that reverend?

And Seven havent read it, and not sure how it applies to him, but in general regardless of how well meaning and sincere they are, one has to get used a good deal of symbolic and exaggerated rhetorics from Politicians. Be bit colorful and melodramatic about a point to bring in the big masses. Not really nuanced and they add extra punch to the lingo for the sake of it, but if one gets used to it and cross that barrier, one can understand what they really mean in the context.

Natural born masters of spin and bullshit, even the best of them, what seperates them is how much of their truly sincere selves comes through the colorful bullshit, does alot with Obama for me. And Bill Clinton was also bit similar in quite genuine in being himself mostly. But Hillary....she just creeps me out and by far I havent seen anyone come off as insanely fake (Except Rudy Giulliani, you wont find anyone be more disgustingly fake, in how he tried to become president on the 9/11 tragedy...sickening), she is quite venomous but still trying to honey clad her bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)