US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (114 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Juve Revolution, tell Ze "sug i mina saltiga choklad ballar din amerikanska spion!".
Ok.

:lol2:

Close. It's "Snopp" and "Bulle".

edit: I think you meant Balle actually, it'd make more sense considering you said Snopp before that :D
I know what you mean :D

Loser : "sug i mina saltiga choklad ballar din amerikanska spion!"

everyone loves my snopp :agree:
Im sure all the guys you have ever met just adore your snopp :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not arguing anything regarding that, I'm just saying that the idea has some back-story to it but I'm definitely not legitimizing it.

For arguments sake, the first recorded discovery of HIV according to medical scientists is believed to have been a Hatian immigrant living in New Orleans (at least to my knowledge) This is way before the first 'confirmed' cases of HIV which were in the 80's, which you're referring to I believe.
Ze, it's not entirely fair as I'm currently writing a paper on HIV, but the first positive blood sample dates back from 1959 and is from Congo. Although it is quite clear the disease had been in Central Africa long before.

The first (five) clinical cases were discovered in 1981 as a very uncommon form of pneumonia, that only strikes people with an ill equipped immune system, struck five young men.

There is no sense in saying AIDS was designed to kill African Americans. If anything it was designed to kill Africans ;).

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Ze, it's not entirely fair as I'm currently writing a paper on HIV, but the first positive blood sample dates back from 1959 and is from Congo. Although it is quite clear the disease had been in Central Africa long before.

The first (five) clinical cases were discovered in 1981 as a very uncommon form of pneumonia, that only strikes people with an ill equipped immune system, struck five young men.

There is no sense in saying AIDS was designed to kill African Americans. If anything it was designed to kill Africans ;).
I see your point, but again I wasn't trying to excuse the accusation but merely pointing out that it's not like they said "Aids was brought by Martians" You know what I mean?

Thanks for explaining the history though. (Not being sarcastic)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I see your point, but again I wasn't trying to excuse the accusation but merely pointing out that it's not like they said "Aids was brought by Martians" You know what I mean?

Thanks for explaining the history though. (Not being sarcastic)
There is nothing wrong with their reasoning. AIDS in many ways was and is higly controversial. At the beginning especially because it seemed to hit people with a certain lifestyle. It seemed to condem the homosexual lifestyle, if you get my point. Many people thus argued it had been designed by conservatives to basically wipe the earth clean.

It also hit people travelling to and from former African colonies, mainly people going to and from Congo. Apart from that drug addicts were the next major victim. I'm saying all this because, even if some conspiracy theories are not that farfetched, this one is.

But I got your point.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
There is nothing wrong with their reasoning. AIDS in many ways was and is higly controversial. At the beginning especially because it seemed to hit people with a certain lifestyle. It seemed to condem the homosexual lifestyle, if you get my point. Many people thus argued it had been designed by conservatives to basically wipe the earth clean.

It also hit people travelling to and from former African colonies, mainly people going to and from Congo. Apart from that drug addicts were the next major victim. I'm saying all this because, even if some conspiracy theories are not that farfetched, this one is.

But I got your point.
Is it even theoretically possible to create something like AIDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)