US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (4 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Yeah, funny thing is your religion is based on that book, but apparently found it a bit too wacky. Which muslims quite bluntly say in a way:

this is like being christian or Jewish, but without the bullshit :D.

Anyway, I wouldn't have such a problem if creationists simply believed it themselves. The real issue is that they want to force other people to believe it as well. While trying to do so they forge scientific material.
My religion is not based on that book at all, it just recognizes it (the original version if it mind you)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Do you guys think Hillary will win Michigan with this whole fiasco with the primary being moved up?
I think its more than possible, hilary has spent many years paving this path for herself to the white house. I would not put any (democratic) state past her. Along those lines I wouldn’t put some of the swing states past her either.

Sep 26, 2007
I think its more than possible, hilary has spent many years paving this path for herself to the white house. I would not put any (democratic) state past her. Along those lines I wouldn’t put some of the swing states past her either.
Yeah see I am hoping she loses it though. I'm not sure I fully understand this whole ballot issue going on in Michigan. Hillary is the only one present on the ballot so to prevent her from winning everyone is supposed to vote 'uncommitted' since Michigan moved up their primaries. I think it would be an unfair win for her to get Michigan since none of the other Democrats are listed on the ballots.

All I do know is that Mitt Romney better lose Michigan.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Yeah see I am hoping she loses it though. I'm not sure I fully understand this whole ballot issue going on in Michigan. Hillary is the only one present on the ballot so to prevent her from winning everyone is supposed to vote 'uncommitted' since Michigan moved up their primaries. I think it would be an unfair win for her to get Michigan since none of the other Democrats are listed on the ballots.

All I do know is that Mitt Romney better lose Michigan.
The Democrats have revoked all of Michigan's electoral votes, so it matters not a all if Hillary ets one vote or 3 Million. None of it counts towards the nomination.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i dont know why i feel that both Obama and hillary dont have a chance to be the President since it will be the first time for a woman or a black man to be the US president.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Michigan was the dumbest primary ever. With only one candidate to choose from.

Obama For President. Unlike President Bush...We Like Black People.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I liked this one:p

Two Different Versions. Two Different Morals.

OLD VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.':lol2:

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
And let me guess . . . the Ant represents middle-class white folk and that evil, lazy, goldbricking welfare recipient Grasshopper represents the entire race of Blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)