US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (24 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяdîëя;1532499 said:
Has nothing to do with it, has everything to do with religion.....nothing to do with friendship. Didn't you notice how I said it was nice to see a religious man getting owned? I didn't say it was nice to see you getting owned....

GROW UP, ERNIE, GET SOME NEW SHOES!
But what you're doing is insulting my whole family. Has my family ever impinged our beliefs on you? Have they ever said you're not acceptable? Have they ever said you should be killed? No. Maybe you think my parents are terrible, idiotic fools going to church, judging people without control and hating you. But fact is, my catholic father likes you a lot, and admires you. Is he a retard for going to church? Has he judged you, after Ive explained to him what you've been through? What the fuck do you want my father to do? Change his beliefs just because his son's best friend says to? No, no sir, I tell you. I love my father and he knows far more about creationism than anybody here, dealing with DNA and the like EVERYDAY, yet he stills attends mass. You, nor I, couldnt spell some of the stuff he works with. He likes you because I do, and he sees so much character in you.

You and Aziz made fun of my father when you asked how the cancer research was going, chief. Very funny. What are you guys, fucking scientists? You guys sort of hurt my feelings with that bullshit, as my father has worked harder than you or I have, learning about shit above my comprehension. Trying to to insinuate that the scientific field of cancer research is a joke... what the fuck are you thinking? Yeah, so fucking funny. Instead of doing whatever you're doing, why not actually take a class in this before making fun of people who research this shit. Yeah, nothing has been documented yet, but just take a class and you'll see.

You think you know everything, but you don't know shit about good people. And this is coming from a good friend, your best. I just can't take so much hateful verbiage.

Apr 12, 2004
a) It's not hateful.
b) I never said or insinuated the field of cancer research is bad/gay/retarded.
c) Eat Manos' lunch.
d) I like your family.
e) I didn't say to change your beliefs or your parents', I just think they are a joke.
f) Doing what he does soes not automatically qualify him for knowing more about Creationism.
g) Get bigger shoes, son, I'm tired of Freddy callin' me tellin me to tell you to GROW UP!
h) I never made fun of your dad, I respect him, I just thought it was a funny way to open a conversation...and...it is. "Hey, how's that research going?" "One genome at a time."

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andries, you can provide me with whatever rhetoric you want. I already stated I don't know what I believe in. Take that as you want. But you are a fucking retard to sit there and judge people on their beliefs yet castigate religions for supposedly judging people on their beliefs. Don't be a fool and use an argument that implicates yourself to the same act.

I can say I'm a Catholic, I can say I'm a Muslim, I can say I'm a Protestant, I can say I'm a Jainist, I can say I'm Andries Gobert, I can say I'm legally retard and have proof with paper, I can say I love men while loving women, I can say I'm a Weatherist, I can say I'm Darth Vader, I can say I'm Hullabullatimbuktua Dingnam Buttfuck Blowjob Bingbowbingbowbingbowbingbow Loius Al Rakeem Faggotttttttttmanislowvock Drinkting Junglepow Nutsuck Fartsickle, I can say the sky is usually red unless it's cloudy and the sky is brown with a pinch of purple, I can say whatever I want. Much like you think you're the new God, judging people on whatever you want, or doing exactly what you hate religion for. Judging people. But I'm not judging people... I'm judging myself.

Tahir and I have stated you're an anti-religion Extremist. We are indeed correct. You are no different than those retards from each religion who like killing people just because they don't agree with you.

Fact is, Hector, you are a religious extremist in your own right, castigating good people who practice religion. Religion is a belief, a faith, in some facet of life. Your religion is apparently striking down people of religion. And this is coming from someone who doesn't know what to believe in and acknowledges you have points, but cannot understand why you're such an asshole when it comes to the beliefs of people whom you don't even know. Next thing we know we'll have a discussion on which race is "more true."
*cough*

I'm sure you don't mean to say that I'm an extremist because I'm not religious and I just know you don't mean to say that I'm no good because I'm not christian..

You can call yourself a retard, but you cannot call yourself a catholic if you don't hate homosexuals and don't listen to the pope. Wow, you and Tahir. I'm impressed. You're a fake free minded liberal who wish everyone thought just like him and deep down simply fears the existence of a god and Tahir's well just Tahir.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well theres no point taking this any further then..it wont change anything..I believe theres a god that created humanity and this whole earth and you think i'm an idiot for thinking so..i think i can live with that.
But I told you you were free to believe this. The problem is that creationism doesn't leave it there. They twist scientific facts and act as if Genesis is proven.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßöмßäяdîëя;1532553 said:
I think historically it has been the religious that have hunted, killed, and strung up the bodies of those who did not practice their religion, or no religion at all.
I'd like to see the first atheist crusade. Yes, there are always socio-economic factors behind crusades and jihads. But guess what, religion was always used as the glue that held the people together. It made it possible to form a group. Muslim terrorists wouldn't be where they are right now if there was no such thing as Islam or religion.

But my main point was and still is that creationism cannot be tolerated. People cannot be fully entitled to their own belief. That's just bullshit.

Andy, South Park doesn't count.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But I told you you were free to believe this. The problem is that creationism doesn't leave it there. They twist scientific facts and act as if Genesis is proven.
I'd like to see the first atheist crusade. Yes, there are always socio-economic factors behind crusades and jihads. But guess what, religion was always used as the glue that held the people together. It made it possible to form a group. Muslim terrorists wouldn't be where they are right now if there was no such thing as Islam or religion.

But my main point was and still is that creationism cannot be tolerated. People cannot be fully entitled to their own belief. That's just bullshit.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

I don't know why you put Muslims in everything you say. I think it's a kind of phobia or something. I just wanted to say that humans by nature like to be members in groups because that satisfies their need of security somehow. It's not that if I'm not a "MUSLIM TERRORIST", then I like to live alone.

Apr 12, 2004
I don't know why you put Muslims in everything you say. I think it's a kind of phobia or something. I just wanted to say that humans by nature like to be members in groups because that satisfies their need of security somehow. It's not that if I'm not a "MUSLIM TERRORIST", then I like to live alone.
That's why he pluralised and said "terrorists".

But the point is, with Islam, Judaism, or Christianity, there would not be the Crusades, the Inquisition, WWII, Israel/Palestine conflict, or any of the terrorist bombings by Muslims or the Northern Irish/Irish....

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
ßöмßäяdîëя;1532603 said:
That's why he pluralised and said "terrorists".

But the point is, with Islam, Judaism, or Christianity, there would not be the Crusades, the Inquisition, WWII, Israel/Palestine conflict, or any of the terrorist bombings by Muslims or the Northern Irish/Irish....
I have to disagree here and say that regarding Israel/Palestine conflict at least, religion was used as a justification for the conflict, but it hs nothing to do with the primary reasons of the conflict. I'm talking about the 20th century's conflict, of course, not when Adam and Eve were playing beach volleyball...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
For the last fucking time, look creationism up. Use wikipedia, use whatever fucking source you want.

There's a difference between thinking Genesis is scientific fact and creationism. Creationist argue that it should be taught as scientific fact and do so while discrediting other scientific sources. In order to achieve their goals they basically lie.

You, sir, simply want to misunderstand me.

But to be honest I'm feeling a bit daft. I'm sitting here discussing with someone who doesn't know the basics of christianity and another guy who doesn't know what the word creationism stands for. I'm not christian and I'm most definitely not a creationist, but at least I know what I'm talking about.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I used christians and Jews in every single post. You're seeing things my friend. And even more importantly, you're trying to discredit me by saying I have a thing against Islam.

I have to disagree here and say that regarding Israel/Palestine conflict at least, religion was used as a justification for the conflict, but it hs nothing to do with the primary reasons of the conflict. I'm talking about the 20th century's conflict, of course, not when Adam and Eve were playing beach volleyball...
Israel was quite obviously founded because of the guilt many Europeans and Americans felt after WWII. But to say religion wasn't a primary reason is quite strange to say the least. Because despite the fact a lot of Jews might look Jew, a lot of them don't as well. I don't think there's such a thing as a Jewish race. Hitler prosecuting them thus had to do with their religion.

The European pogroms might have had socio-economic factors behind them, but religion was most definitely a reason itself as well. And yes, when Israel was first founded it must have been unfair towardsthe Palestinians. But would it have been that bad if it weren't Jews, but muslims who would have come to live in Israel?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Creationists do hurt others and do impose their beliefs. I'm not saying that religious people are the only ones who judge. I'm saying that their verdicts are based on religion more than mine. It is really easy. Fundamentally a christians says "I am good because I follow God's rules and this guy over here is bad because he doesn't".
and you are different than that? You are calling everyone idiot who don't accept evolution, in other words you see yourself better than religious people.

Tahir and I have stated you're an anti-religion Extremist. We are indeed correct. You are no different than those retards from each religion who like killing people just because they don't agree with you.

Fact is, Hector, you are a religious extremist in your own right, castigating good people who practice religion. Religion is a belief, a faith, in some facet of life. Your religion is apparently striking down people of religion. And this is coming from someone who doesn't know what to believe in and acknowledges you have points, but cannot understand why you're such an asshole when it comes to the beliefs of people whom you don't even know. Next thing we know we'll have a discussion on which race is "more true."
so DA! It was me who called him that not Tahir :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)