US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (37 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
:howler:

So who are you going to vote for, Pado?

I have been reading a bit in Clinton's biography written by Bernstein and I have to say: Hillary Clinton is an empty shell. No emotion, no real intelligence, but very capable of fooling people into believing her.

I liked Obama, but the Oprah stunt disgusted me. On the other hand, you have to be more populistic to become president of America than you do to become Prime Minister in Belgium, because of the political system. If we ever have a Prime Minister and a government that is.

I have to admit I know very little of the Republican candidates. Belgian media, and European media in general, don't focus enough on US elections in my opinion. Sure, it's a news item, but nothing more. No background information at all. This is why I would consider Giuliani a worthy candidate, but many intelligent Americans seem to disagree.

Agreed on Clinton being an empty shell.

My candidate is Bill Richardson. Europeans would love him as U.S. President. However, he has no chance because the Jesus freaks and McDonald's eaters don't know him.

Second choice would be Obama. I rather like him. I kinda like McCain among the Republicans.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
That's fair. But, as a student you should not be so politically apathetic. Start raising some rabble, take a bunch of hostages. Revolution is in the air!
Who is the student?

Anyway, personally I want another idiot like Bush to govern America. It's so nice to see all the world bashing Americans everywhere because of the low mental level of their representatives.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Obama for democrats and huckabee for republicans is my hope. Guiliani shouldn't be trusted nor should Clinton. Clinton would make an awful president all she does is promise whatever people want to hear. Clinton has no idea what shes doing and would ruin this country.
Can someone explain me what's so wrong with Giuliani? I saw some parts of an interview with him yesterday and he did look a bit dodgy, I have to admit. But I always thought he did a good job in NY.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Can someone explain me what's so wrong with Giuliani? I saw some parts of an interview with him yesterday and he did look a bit dodgy, I have to admit. But I always thought he did a good job in NY.
What? What did he do? The guy makes me sick, he's using his 'heroic' efforts in the aftermath of 9/11 as his platform. He didn't do shit and he knows fuckall about foreign politics.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Who is the student?

Anyway, personally I want another idiot like Bush to govern America. It's so nice to see all the world bashing Americans everywhere because of the low mental level of their representatives.
A survey conducted between 1994 and 2004 shows that just about 48% of the Americans believed the Bible to be correct and the evolution theory to be wrong about the origin of species.

I'm sure there are many, many, many, ignorant muslims, but at least they can show some socio-economic problems in their defense.

America without that horrible christianity would be so much nicer.

God, I just want to kill Lou.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What? What did he do? The guy makes me sick, he's using his 'heroic' efforts in the aftermath of 9/11 as his platform. He didn't do shit and he knows fuckall about foreign politics.
He fought crime.

As for 9/11: it's quite an extraordinary event to be faced with as a mayor. It's only natural he uses his efforts now. How do you know he knows fuck all about foreign politics? And does it even matter? Just look at Bush. I'd be satisified with an American president who is averagely intelligent and can formulate his own opinions.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
He fought crime.

As for 9/11: it's quite an extraordinary event to be faced with as a mayor. It's only natural he uses his efforts now. How do you know he knows fuck all about foreign politics? And does it even matter? Just look at Bush. I'd be satisified with an American president who is averagely intelligent and can formulate his own opinions.
Every mayor fights crime in New York, what's your point? The only thing he has done as far as I know are to clean the streets of drugs and I'm not saying that's not an accomplishment but it's hardly something he should be elected to lead the country for.

Are you seriously asking if foreign knowledge is important to know? We live in 2008 buddy, it's very much important; I need not explain why. What do you mean you're satisfied with an averagely intelligent president? You don't elect the president of the country and it's insulting that you're happy with an averagely intelligent leader; America deserves a smart and capable leader just like any other country. The image of the country has been tarnished enough under Bush.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Every mayor fights crime in New York, what's your point? The only thing he has done as far as I know are to clean the streets of drugs and I'm not saying that's not an accomplishment but it's hardly something he should be elected to lead the country for.

Are you seriously asking if foreign knowledge is important to know? We live in 2008 buddy, it's very much important; I need not explain why. What do you mean you're satisfied with an averagely intelligent president? You don't elect the president of the country and it's insulting that you're happy with an averagely intelligent leader; America deserves a smart and capable leader just like any other country. The image of the country has been tarnished enough under Bush.
Giuliani was succesful.

I was asking if it is important for an American presidential candidate to know anything about foreign politics. I'm not an American. If I were an American right now, my vote would go to the guy with the best diplomatic skills and a clear, no bullshit answer on how he sees both the War on Terror and Iraq.

But, as I said, I'm no American. And the American did elect Bush twice in a row. Well, not exactly, but they elected him once, didn't they. So yes, I'd be quite content with a candidate who is at least averagely intelligent.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Giuliani was succesful.

I was asking if it is important for an American presidential candidate to know anything about foreign politics. I'm not an American. If I were an American right now, my vote would go to the guy with the best diplomatic skills and a clear, no bullshit answer on how he sees both the War on Terror and Iraq.

But, as I said, I'm no American. And the American did elect Bush twice in a row. Well, not exactly, but they elected him once, didn't they. So yes, I'd be quite content with a candidate who is at least averagely intelligent.
So you agree that it's important, and if you're saying that based on how the country elected the last two times, it'll be a miracle that someone who actually knows something is elected...then I agree :D

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Giuliani did not do that well for New York. He did well for his response to 9/11. He has serious issues with freedom of speech, strong opinions on the issue of defense, shady business practices, among other things like his knowledge of foreign policy. I would not want the man as my president.

One thing about Giuliani is that he knows how to address the public. He is a very charismatic guy. He is trying to sell America on his supposed 'integrity,' and it seems to be working. If you want to read a great editorial on the guy and why he should not be president. Here is a link. Its quite a long read, but it really exposes him.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/01/giuliani200801

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
A survey conducted between 1994 and 2004 shows that just about 48% of the Americans believed the Bible to be correct and the evolution theory to be wrong about the origin of species.

I'm sure there are many, many, many, ignorant muslims, but at least they can show some socio-economic problems in their defense.

:lol:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

I am not too sure...Bush didnt even know who Musharraf was back in 2000 :lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

48% damn are u sure thats not bullshit. Schools are required by law to teach evolution and nobody I know not even my christian friends believe in creationism. There are only 3 kids at my school i know of that don't believe in evolution and they are all part of the same family. But i guess i do live near San Francisco so its a more educated area. Still i have a hard time believing it is that high.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
48% damn are u sure thats not bullshit. Schools are required by law to teach evolution and nobody I know not even my christian friends believe in creationism. There are only 3 kids at my school i know of that don't believe in evolution and they are all part of the same family. But i guess i do live near San Francisco so its a more educated area. Still i have a hard time believing it is that high.
San Francisco isn't exactly some backward Bible Belt village though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)