US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (101 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I got about third row back so I was pretty close. I asked him about healthcare for college kids whose ages overlap their parents coverage, when he was in the hand shake line. Kind of a complex question but he said his plan covers you til your 25.
and how did you greet him ??

"Hi...I am a typical white person" :p

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:D Kinda like when Samuel L Jackson played a Harlem shopkeeper named Zeus in Die Hard with a Vengeance.

Say, I may not be black, but Obama's my homie. We South Side Chicagoans stick together (and know how to vote multiple times in an election too ;) ).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bill Clinton will be speaking at Penn State tomorrow evening, and apparently Obama is speaking here on Sunday. This is going to be pretty sweet. Shame I probably won't be able to go see Bill tomorrow because of an exam.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Burke,

I'd always vote for Obama in this case. But he has some very annoying flaws as well. He's trying to be Martin Luther King at some points.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Exactly.

Which is why I'm critical of Obama and I think that every once in a while people should make fun of him. The scream for change can be quite hollow at times.
You should be critical of every politician. No doubt.

Obama may seem quite hollow because of how he portrayed by the media. And also because of the duration of this primary election, you here his message a lot. Bottom line: change can be a good thing, especially when the current plan isn't working. I've seen Obama speak in person and its not like he is just aimlessly crying for change. The guy actually has a plan. People want to portray him as some loud mouthed black man in the same league of Al Sharpton. That is just not true.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Holy Shit, I love Barack Obama. His speech here was amazing and left me not only thrilled at the possibility of him becoming President, but also just thrilled at life. The guy has something in him that just makes people happy and inspires hope. His resolve and vigor is what we need in office. This man needs to be President. :touched:

Awesome fucking day. Just fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)