US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (89 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;1600854 said:
Well of course not, Belgium doesn't exist, Waffles.
We're not the ones responsible for 90% of all wars ever since 1945, so I don't really feel like Belgium is the country on trial here.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Perhaps if I was just a typical American idiot, that would apply.
True. I wouldn't expect you to get carried away like that.

ßöмßäяðîëя;1600873 said:
Meh, the fake nation of Belgium has been involved in a lot of them though. Don't forget Africa, fuck-face.
Touché. Congo always had it coming though.

What do you mean by "that"?
We would never get so excited about a politician claiming something. That's all Barack is doing right now anyway. I would be very glad if Obama were to become president, but I would not be so filled with joy because I saw the guy speech.

You're assuming way too much.
How's that?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We would never get so excited about a politician claiming something. That's all Barack is doing right now anyway. I would be very glad if Obama were to become president, but I would not be so filled with joy because I saw the guy speech.

How's that?
You're assuming that we only attention to speeches instead of analyzing policy. To do so would be a mistake. As for the your notion that oratory wouldn't be praised in Belgium, well we can't speak to that.

Its not like the three of us are on his nuts because he's good at speaking. It's mostly because of Obama's character, his record in office and his lack of connections to big business. At least for me it is.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're assuming that we only attention to speeches instead of analyzing policy. To do so would be a mistake. As for the your notion that oratory wouldn't be praised in Belgium, well we can't speak to that.

Its not like the three of us are on his nuts because he's good at speaking. It's mostly because of Obama's character, his record in office and his lack of connections to big business. At least for me it is.
I'm sure it is, but Andy's so enthousiastic after hearing him speak. Your mind must have been made up long ago? I mean, clearly Obama would be the best candidate based on what we know.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm sure it is, but Andy's so enthousiastic after hearing him speak. Your mind must have been made up long ago? I mean, clearly Obama would be the best candidate based on what we know.
Oh yeah my mind has been made up for some time, but that was before I ever saw him speak.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Exactly. He's just a damn good man and leader.

There is nothing like watching him speak in front of 25,000 people. I even saw someone tear up over something Obama said. You can't write this shit.

Well, you just have to be there. I can't really describe it, but there is quite a difference between watching Obama on television and listening to him speak about 25 yards from you in a crowd upwards of 25,000 people. It's not that he's just a good speaker, but rather a person who is true to himself, true to his family, true to people like myself, and has the ideas and fortitude to make things happen. I'm certainly not a fan of politicians, but Obama is really something special.

You seem very cynical about everything that goes on in this nation. I'm certainly a cynic as well when it comes to a lot of matters. But in this case, we're actually trying to do something good for a change in this country, electing someone that actually has a brain and cares about the rest of the world. It's like no matter what we do in the world it's never enough for people. And I'm talking about the good things, not the 99 billion atrocities we've committed throughout history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)