US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (7 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2007
If these two were the final candidates,
which one of these two, the colored women, would prefer?:burke:
I personally am not colored so I can't really say who the colored women will vote for based on my opinion. Yesterday in the NY Times, they actually had an article about this exact issue. It was titled something along the lines of "Who's Black and female and Who will they vote for" I can't remember the title exactly. In South Carolina, the ratio of black women voting for Obama was something like 75% compared to the 80% of black men who voted for Obama. So there is a slight gap in that aspect. I really only know what is going to be happening in NY tbh. I think that NY will be won by Hillary. In the city, registered women voters outnumber men by 50%. She is leading drastically among women voters. Its like 60% for Hillary to 30% for Obama. I just think its a rough decision for black women because they have to choose between having a woman president or a black president. Although, I'd like to think they won't vote based on gender or race. I know I won't be.

Hillary is more popular with the older crowd, and Obama is more popular with the younger crowd. I do have hope with the recent endorsement from Caroline Kennedy for Obama that just maybe we can have more of a shift toward Obama. Hillary just has a hold on the working class that Obama doesn't plus she is our senator.

I will say come Feb. 5 I will be voting Obama no question about that. I even have my outfit planned :p

:LOL: no really though...that guy had been making waves but seems to have disappeared...IMO, I think it will be another Republican win....I don't think America is still ready for a "different" CiC
I seriously doubt it will be a Republican win. Their candidates are not strong enough yet. There is too much division within the party at the moment. Let's just hope that McCain doesn't run with Guiliani as his VP.

Jan 7, 2004
I personally am not colored so I can't really say who the colored women will vote for based on my opinion. Yesterday in the NY Times, they actually had an article about this exact issue. It was titled something along the lines of "Who's Black and female and Who will they vote for" I can't remember the title exactly. In South Carolina, the ratio of black women voting for Obama was something like 75% compared to the 80% of black men who voted for Obama. So there is a slight gap in that aspect. I really only know what is going to be happening in NY tbh. I think that NY will be won by Hillary. In the city, registered women voters outnumber men by 50%. She is leading drastically among women voters. Its like 60% for Hillary to 30% for Obama. I just think its a rough decision for black women because they have to choose between having a woman president or a black president. Although, I'd like to think they won't vote based on gender or race. I know I won't be.

Hillary is more popular with the older crowd, and Obama is more popular with the younger crowd. I do have hope with the recent endorsement from Caroline Kennedy for Obama that just maybe we can have more of a shift toward Obama. Hillary just has a hold on the working class that Obama doesn't plus she is our senator.

I will say come Feb. 5 I will be voting Obama no question about that. I even have my outfit planned :p

I seriously doubt it will be a Republican win. Their candidates are not strong enough yet. There is too much division within the party at the moment. Let's just hope that Guiliani doesn't run with McCain as his VP.

that assumes that women or black people vote based on race and gender

Sep 26, 2007
that assumes that women or black people vote based on race and gender
No not necessarily. I didn't get into the nitty gritty of the article on here but it is also talked about the fact that race and gender are not the deciding factors of the election. In a number of the early primaries, the way people are voting has been going both ways. Race and gender are not the only predictors of the vote. As a woman, I can say that at first I was drawn to Hillary because I want to see a woman in office. As time passed, I realized I don't agree with her on many issues therefore I am voting Obama since I agree with him. So I think many black women are just like me and not basing their decisions just on race and gender.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:LOL: no really though...that guy had been making waves but seems to have disappeared...IMO, I think it will be another Republican win....I don't think America is still ready for a "different" CiC
The Republican party is kind of a bunch of idiots. Ron Paul is probably their best overall candidate and they just basically shit on him because he isn't a big name. So basically they threw all their money into a couple of religious nuts, a mormon, and a guy who peeked 8 years ago. The only thing they have going for them is the fact that they will be up against a woman or a black man. Well that and unethical campaigning.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, but no wonder he has no support from the Reps. He's more like an unattached candidate in that sense.
True, but I think it would have been smart of them to throw equal support to all the candidates and let the people decide what the people want instead of just deciding that Fred Thompson was the savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)