US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (47 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Everyone is free to believe to whatever bullshit they want to believe. Claiming opposite as a fact doesn't make you any better than them seven! Personally I don't believe in anything, and I don't care, it is the last thing I think about.
We're talking about education here. If we follow your argument to the full there's no point in sending kids to school because "they're free to believe anything they want to believe". See a problem here?

Ps. Seven, how about less drama, more convincing example?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We're talking about education here. If we follow your argument to the full there's no point in sending kids to school because "they're free to believe anything they want to believe". See a problem here?

It is quite a convincing example if one manages to think things through.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I believe every stupid, moronic, inane muslim out there should be killed.

Still think the same?
is that a tricky question? :shifty:

Believing in God's existence is not the same as believing of something idiotic like that, you are pushing it seven, you are making yourself fool when trying to sound smart, seriously!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

I was referring to Religion and God's existence when I used the word "believe". Religion or Science, none of them can prove or explain the existence, life, death, time etc.. What they wrote about this topic in their books science or Religion are no proofs, it's up to you to believe whatever you want, so I still believe you are free to believe whatever you want!

Some people believe in Science blindly just like the others believe in Religion blindly, not everything is said by Science/scientist necessary to be a fact, and same for Religion!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
is that a tricky question? :shifty:

Believing in God's existence is not the same as believing of something idiotic like that, you are pushing it seven, you are making yourself fool when trying to sound smart, seriously!
But this is what my God, Abd-al Rahman I call him, tells me to believe. Arabs and Jews are filthy creatures who need to be wiped clean from the earth. I'm sorry, but that's my religion and I'm entitled to believe anything I want.

Right?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I was referring to Religion and God's existence when I used the word "believe". Religion or Science, none of them can prove or explain the existence, life, death, time etc.. What they wrote about this topic in their books science or Religion are no proofs, it's up to you to believe whatever you want, so I still believe you are free to believe whatever you want!

Some people believe in Science blindly just like the others believe in Religion blindly, not everything is said by Science/scientist necessary to be a fact, and same for Religion!
Dissing the theory of evolution makes you an idiot. No matter what inane argument you come up with next.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
But this is what my God, Abd-al Rahman I call him, tells me to believe. Arabs and Jews are filthy creatures who need to be wiped clean from the earth. I'm sorry, but that's my religion and I'm entitled to believe anything I want.

Right?
Believing is something and provoking is something else. Don't push It.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Believing is something and provoking is something else. Don't push It.
No, you don't understand. This is what "belief" means. Seven is just exaggerating to make a point, but when we're talking about believing in something and that "everyone is free to believe anything they want", that literally means ANYTHING.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, you don't understand. This is what "belief" means. Seven is just exaggerating to make a point, but when we're talking about believing in something and that "everyone is free to believe anything they want", that literally means ANYTHING.
Exactly. And Martin, you know I'm just making a bit of fun. If I were having a conversation with people who are actually more or less rational I wouldn't exaggerate as much. Then again, I would never have to explain such a basic principle to people like you.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Thats not my point. As I agree with what you said.

Seven has said these kind of things before about Islam and Jews, I don't think he was trying to make a point rather than proving one. I know what "belief" means, but I think he can make his point in a better and much clever way IMO.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thats not my point. As I agree with what you said.

Seven has said these kind of things before about Islam and Jews, I don't think he was trying to make a point rather than proving one. I know what "belief" means, but I think he can make his point in a better and much clever way IMO.
I have never, ever said those things about Jews before.

I don't like Islam as a religion and I have very profound reasons not to like Islam, however I have my fair share of muslim friends and if you, if only for a minute, were listening to what I said you would have known what I meant.

Also, you're not being very rational. Making a point and proving one are pretty much the same things.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
What's your point? You don't like evolution?
hmm well i don't have much knowledge on the whole evolution thing, but i don't like the idea of having a monkey for an ancestor; however if proven conclusively its not upto me to accept or not accept. anyways i am confused about which parts were for the bit of fun and exageration and which ones you really meant?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't like Islam as a religion and I have very profound reasons not to like Islam, however I have my fair share of muslim friends and if you, if only for a minute, were listening to what I said you would have known what I meant.
Fair enough.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
hmm well i don't have much knowledge on the whole evolution thing, but i don't like the idea of having a monkey for an ancestor; however if proven conclusively its not upto me to accept or not accept. anyways i am confused about which parts were for the bit of fun and exageration and which ones you really meant?
Are you being serious? Evolution is indeed proven conclusively and some of our ancestors were a whole lot worse than monkeys.

I don't believe in some God named Abd-al Rahman. I don't believe muslims and Jews should be killed. I do believe Snoop was talking out of his ass.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seriously though, by now you should know I don't have anything against any kind of religion as long as it doesn't become too radical. One of the reasons I'm not very fond of Islam is that it is a religion that is quite tricky. The Qu'uran, opposed to the Bible, cannot be altered and is the only true source. That means it can easily be misinterpreted. Besides that there is also no religious hierarchy, which means that basically anyone can say he's an imam.

All of this doesn't mean I think you shouldn't be a muslim of course.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Seriously though, by now you should know I don't have anything against any kind of religion as long as it doesn't become too radical. One of the reasons I'm not very fond of Islam is that it is a religion that is quite tricky. The Qu'uran, opposed to the Bible, cannot be altered and is the only true source. That means it can easily be misinterpreted. Besides that there is also no religious hierarchy, which means that basically anyone can say he's an imam.

All of this doesn't mean I think you shouldn't be a muslim of course.
I agree with everything you said since I never believed in religions. But not only the Qu'ran is tricky, all religious books are tricky IMO. And till nowadays, all religious books are being easily misinterpreted, but people focus more on Qu'ran due to the circumstances and the political way this world is living.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I agree with everything you said since I never believed in religions. But not only the Qu'ran is tricky, all religious books are tricky IMO. And till nowadays, all religious books are being easily misinterpreted, but people focus more on Qu'ran due to the circumstances and the political way this world is living.
They don't even have to be misrepresented. They are old books with old wisdom, some of which is clearly out of date. People who believe these books are divine squirm to interpret them in such a way so that they aren't made to look stupid but today's standards.

I mean Jews can't drive cars on the Sabbath, but non-Jews can and therefore it's perfectly alright for a Jew to take a cab on a Saturday if the driver isn't a Jew. This is complete nonsense, and it's blatant how out of date this wisdom is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)