US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (52 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1771460 said:
Unless i got it wrong, at present the Alaskan Independence Party does not support secession even if at its founding it did. Those words from Vogler are from the 1970's.
Ohh, Alen, are you trying to tell us something with that avatar?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Since 1929, Republicans and Democrats have each controlled the presidency for nearly 40 years. So which party has been better for American pocketbooks and capitalism as a whole? Well, here’s an experiment: imagine that during these years you had to invest exclusively under either Democratic or Republican administrations. How would you have fared?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
That's a convincing argument :howler:. You're scared of The Terrorist, Vinman. That's how stupid you really are.
no one else will attack the USA, you simpleton

how many attacks have been thwarted since 2001, Mr. Historian ??

I can tell you that at least one was in the summer of 2002, which would have happened in the suburbs of Buffalo NY. Ever hear of the Lackawanna six, novel boy ?

What you fail to understand is that ..worried about, McCain will lead to an increase in taxes too.

You're very misinformed when it comes to this stuff, Vinni.
yeah, real misinformed :rolleyes:

both are promising tax cuts, but only one has proven in the past that he is about cutting taxes, and his name isnt Obama

its almost laughable, you are in college with no bills to pay (minus the cellphone, unless mom and dad are paying it), no job, and you tell me I dont know about economics....I live in the real world, have real payments to make (mortgage,vehicle, etc, etc) have a deferred comp plan (401k), have a financial adviser, but I dont know whats going on :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
pretty humorous, Martin

consider the fact that Obama wants to send more troops to Afghanistan, you will see more attacks and bombings that could lead to accidental deaths because the enemy hides among the innocent...kinda like terrorists in Iraq who seek refuge in Mosques to avoid being attacked, knowing our troops wont attack. Should we blame Obama for that if he gets elected and it happens ??

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
pretty humorous, Martin

consider the fact that Obama wants to send more troops to Afghanistan, you will see more attacks and bombings that could lead to accidental deaths because the enemy hides among the innocent...kinda like terrorists in Iraq who seek refuge in Mosques to avoid being attacked, knowing our troops wont attack. Should we blame Obama for that if he gets elected and it happens ??
Do you remember Serbia? The mouthpieces said that it would be surgical bombing, only military/industrial targets would be hit, no civilians would be impacted. The reality had very little in common with the prognosis. So the fantasy of a war that doesn't physically harm civilians remains a fantasy.

Do I think sending more military to Afghanistan is a dumb idea? Yes.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Do you remember Serbia? The mouthpieces said that it would be surgical bombing, only military/industrial targets would be hit, no civilians would be impacted. The reality had very little in common with the prognosis. So the fantasy of a war that doesn't physically harm civilians remains a fantasy.
Oh, but it was Clinton, a democrat. You can blame him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
yeah, real misinformed :rolleyes:

both are promising tax cuts, but only one has proven in the past that he is about cutting taxes, and his name isnt Obama

its almost laughable, you are in college with no bills to pay (minus the cellphone, unless mom and dad are paying it), no job, and you tell me I dont know about economics....I live in the real world, have real payments to make (mortgage,vehicle, etc, etc) have a deferred comp plan (401k), have a financial adviser, but I dont know whats going on :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Vinni, you don't know what's going on because clearly you don't know anything about economics. Have you ever taken an economics course? They breach through into far more difficult topics than how to keep your check book balanced, how to make payments for your vehicle, how to mortgage your house, et cetera. We learn implications on a broader scale, stuff you clearly do not understand. This is why you continue to be fooled by your Right-wing friends regarding this election and others.

Stating you have a financial adviser doesn't really help your point. He tells you what to do because you don't know how to do it yourself, much like your Republican friends. That's why every other day you're posting ridiculous articles of how Obama is essentially the Anti-Christ.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1772108 said:
Yes, i'm trying to tell you about the novus ordo of the new American Era after Palin and her husband succeed in their evil plan and we'll witness the secession of Alaska from the United States.

:D

Nah, i just like the picture.
Hey, I don't rule anything out, even alternative meanings for that all-seeing eye.

:D

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Vinni, you don't know what's going on because clearly you don't know anything about economics. Have you ever taken an economics course? They breach through into far more difficult topics than how to keep your check book balanced, how to make payments for your vehicle, how to mortgage your house, et cetera. We learn implications on a broader scale, stuff you clearly do not understand. This is why you continue to be fooled by your Right-wing friends regarding this election and others.

Stating you have a financial adviser doesn't really help your point. He tells you what to do because you don't know how to do it yourself, much like your Republican friends. That's why every other day you're posting ridiculous articles of how Obama is essentially the Anti-Christ.
I have taken economics courses, Andy, and I have a good friend who is a financial adviser, so why not pick his brain...he works with the market on a daily basis, unlike you

I cant understand why you dont realize that higher taxes to corporations equals higher prices for consumers....its you who are brainwashed by a smooth talking politician....believe me, he cant walk on water

This is a race between 2 guys who will say, and promise anything to get elected

you have your opinions, and I have mine, so why dont we just agree to disagree

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have taken economics courses, Andy, and I have a good friend who is a financial adviser, so why not pick his brain...he works with the market on a daily basis, unlike you

I cant understand why you dont realize that higher taxes to corporations equals higher prices for consumers....its you who are brainwashed by a smooth talking politician....believe me, he cant walk on water

This is a race between 2 guys who will say, and promise anything to get elected

you have your opinions, and I have mine, so why dont we just agree to disagree
I have to study the market and the tools I need to excel in risk management every day as well.

Higher taxes levied to corporations doesn't necessarily mean higher prices for the consumer. Usually, Corporations don't pay taxes, but rather individuals pay taxes in their roles as shareholders and workers. Higher taxes equal lower dividends for shareholders, or lower wages for employees. Usually, the dividend is the first to be given a cut, which is the best idea for everyone. The major shareholders of corporations don't always care about the dividends anyway.

And if the firm is not a monopoly, they will have price competition with other companies to attract customers.

The fact of the matter is, as I've said before, either candidate may end up approving tax increases on various sorts of people/parties. We simply cannot continue increasing what we owe to the rest of the world because at some point it becomes unsustainable.

We may disagree on issues, but economics are set in stone.

Apr 12, 2004
I have to study the market and the tools I need to excel in risk management every day as well.

Higher taxes levied to corporations doesn't necessarily mean higher prices for the consumer. Usually, Corporations don't pay taxes, but rather individuals pay taxes in their roles as shareholders and workers. Higher taxes equal lower dividends for shareholders, or lower wages for employees. Usually, the dividend is the first to be given a cut, which is the best idea for everyone. The major shareholders of corporations don't always care about the dividends anyway.

And if the firm is not a monopoly, they will have price competition with other companies to attract customers.

The fact of the matter is, as I've said before, either candidate may end up approving tax increases on various sorts of people/parties. We simply cannot continue increasing what we owe to the rest of the world because at some point it becomes unsustainable.

We may disagree on issues, but economics are set in stone.
Having to study the market and use tools are different from getting your hands dirty in the professional world though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)