US Diplomats killed in Benghazi over amateur's film (2 Viewers)

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #746
    ßöмßäяðîëя;3862182 said:
    Wait, so what's the lower video, the guy who died, but they were trying to save him?
    Ya thats Christopher Stevens, in that video he was still alive. Those people were trying to save him, but by the time they got him to the hospital he had already passed away.

Fucck US diplomats! People die everyday in Palestine and other places and none gives a shiit. Why would i bother about US diplomats.
    I as a Libyan feel we are responsible for the safety of foreign diplomats in our country, wherever they're from. The fact that a radical group, were able to force their way to the American consulate building poses a question mark on our authorites control over the country.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #747
    "We thank all the Libyans in Benghazi and Tripoli who helped us in our most difficult moments last week, and a special heartfelt thank you to those in Benghazi who participated in the rescue attempt"

- American Embassy in Libya

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I as a Libyan feel we are responsible for the safety of foreign diplomats in our country, wherever they're from. The fact that a radical group, were able to force their way to the American consulate building poses a question mark on our authorites control over the country.
    Word on to Fred on this one.

If the North Korean Evil Empire Inc. embassy in the U.S. got firebombed, that shit ain't right no matter how you slice it. How are you supposed to be a legitimate, sovereign state if the offices of those nations seeking to work with you get torched over under your own watch in your own backyard?

Sure, you have an obligation to protect your own people. But that's like having an guest in your house get mugged in your spare bedroom.

Hey we just killed one of your people and this is crazy
    But we still don't have much authority here so forgive us maybe
    :lol:

Apr 12, 2004
    Ya thats Christopher Stevens, in that video he was still alive. Those people were trying to save him, but by the time they got him to the hospital he had already passed away.

Word, on both accounts.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #753
    Hey we just killed one of your people and this is crazy
    But we still don't have much authority here so forgive us maybe
    We're in a transition period, we're building a country from scratch, we're just out of a war. What the fuck do you expect, a friggin utopia?

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
    As an interesting side note, one of the guys that got offed at the embassy (I know of him and have spoken to him a couple of times) wrote on jabber to some guys (a chat protocol) that he was a bit worried about their security as their assigned security guards were lounging about snapping pictures of protesters with camera phones.

A couple of hours later that concern was proven to be quite justified it would appear.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    We're in a transition period, we're building a country from scratch, we're just out of a war. What the fuck do you expect, a friggin utopia?
    I'd expect you to take that as a joke, like it was originally written. Does being in a transition period mean you can't take jokes either?

And besides, you asked the wrong person that question, since we were in a transition period before you.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #756
    I'd expect you to take that as a joke, like it was originally written. Does being in a transition period mean you can't take jokes either?
    ya, we're building a country from scratch, theres no room for jokes :D

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Fellow Libyans...how reliable are the sources there that claim we were notified of danger days before the attack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)