US Diplomats killed in Benghazi over amateur's film (20 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
If you're going with the No True Scotsman fallacy then it's a valid point to say that they are Muslims who have strayed from the path, no? So we can agree that they all worship Allah, but that they're one and the same? That's just ridic.
Depends on who's defining the path. Surely you understand that bisco and cheese could be seen by the extremists as ones who have stayed from the path, and thus not be considered Muslims. It works both ways, no?

Fuck you! I'm not trolling!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
What scares me the most about that trip is the part through central Africa, Congo :scared:
if i were you, i'd do two nations in north africa, 2 in west africa, kenya in the east, and south africa. i'd do that bec in my opinion african nations are all inter locked if you like so you will notice a lot of similarities. i hope you get to do this bec its very worth it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Depends on who's defining the path. Surely you understand that bisco and cheese could be seen by the extremists as ones who have stayed from the path, and thus not be considered Muslims. It works both ways, no?
No it doesn't work both ways. An overwhelming majority of muslims are not extremists, therefore it is the path. Don't give me any of the appeal to popularity, either. Extremists are ignorant bigots who misinterpret scriptures to further a contemporary cause, that is not what Islam is about - or at least not what it is about today.

Is there a point hidden somewhere in all your posts or do you prefer to nitpick about fallacies and dance around the fact that you've got to make a point somewhere down the line? It's terrible easy to debate like that.

Apr 15, 2006
Just because they are doing their action under the name of Islam, it doesn't make them muslims or make their action a reflection to the true teaching of our religion, it goes back to a lot of reasons like i said before, Ignorance, poverty, religion is a strong weapon that can be used in a variants of ways that have nothing to do with the essence of Islam.
What's gives you the authority to say that they're simply doing this in the name of Islam and not because they actually believe in their religion? Oh wait, you got none.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No it doesn't work both ways. An overwhelming majority of muslims are not extremists, therefore it is the path. Don't give me any of the appeal to popularity, either. Extremists are ignorant bigots who misinterpret scriptures to further a contemporary cause, that is not what Islam is about - or at least not what it is about today.
Er.. in the end someone must interpret or judge or whatever you wanna call it what exactly this thing is. So when you say overwhelming majority you are indeed making an appeal to popularity. Tell me how else you, as an outside party who does not take sides in this dispute, will determine who is the true member?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

Fuck you! I'm not trolling!
Sorry - I just checked. When people said you were generalizing I thought you did it deliberately. But you did not generalize.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
What's gives you the authority to say that they're simply doing this in the name of Islam and not because they actually believe in their religion? Oh wait, you got none.
Yes, they maybe believe in that, doesn't make those believes the real Islam. 90 % or more if the Islam nation will tell what they did is wrong and doesn't represent Islam. That's not enough for you ? If you take the time and read about the Prophet life and how he treated non muslims living in the same city with him you'll understand that these actions aren't what Islam is about, hence me saying these people shouldn't even be considered muslims.

Apr 15, 2006

Is there a point hidden somewhere in all your posts or do you prefer to nitpick about fallacies and dance around the fact that you've got to make a point somewhere down the line? It's terrible easy to debate like that.
Why doesn't it work both ways?

What cause, Nikola? There is no cause here. This is an incident where someone was killed due to blasphemous content produced by somebody else. Aye you suggesting the attackers planned to kill the diplomat all along, and simply used this incident as an excuse? Come on!

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Why doesn't it work both ways?

What cause, Nikola? There is no cause here. This is an incident where someone was killed due to blasphemous content produced by somebody else. Aye you suggesting the attackers planned to kill the diplomat all along, and simply used this incident as an excuse? Come on!
A bit, yeah. Bisco also wrote a little bit about it earlier.

Apr 15, 2006
Er.. in the end someone must interpret or judge or whatever you wanna call it what exactly this thing is. So when you say overwhelming majority you are indeed making an appeal to popularity. Tell me how else you, as an outside party who does not take sides in this dispute, will determine who is the true member?
Precisely.

Sorry - I just checked. When people said you were generalizing I thought you did it deliberately. But you did not generalize.
Fair enough. I forgive you. :-(

Yes, they maybe believe in that, doesn't make those believes the real Islam. 90 % or more if the Islam nation will tell what they did is wrong and doesn't represent Islam. That's not enough for you ? If you take the time and read about the Prophet life and how he treated non muslims living in the same city with him you'll understand that these actions aren't what Islam is about, hence me saying these people shouldn't even be considered muslims.
"Real Islam" :lol: Perhaps we should rename it the 'No True Muslim' fallacy.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I thought it was implied in my post, but obviously it was not.

In every discussion both sides are operating with an individual set of values and morals which they think is right. After that it's just about making the strongest case for your argument.

On one hand you have a generally peaceful and moderate set of values which has neither intent to harm nor does it frequently harm, if you break it down into consequentialistic point of view the basis for judgement is about the "rightness" or the "good" conduct or outcome. On the other hand you have a fraction of the total pool of "Muslims" (I hate the fact that I have to generalize in this manner, but I really do here) who are all about the opposite, who are not compatible with the world as it is today and who do much more harm than they do good.

So when we need to define "the path" we need to have all these factors in the calculation. For me there is an obvious answer, but you're free to argue the opposite. If we are to make general comments on Muslims and Islamic faith, then it's much more feasible and sensible to make it based on the vast majority of good rather than the fraction of evil.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Juventino[RUS];3855593 said:
So there is true islam and fake islam nowadays? :lol: :lol:
Religious History is riddled with doctrinal disputes. The orthodox church exists in it's current form as a direct result of such ;)

Mar 9, 2006
Religious History is riddled with doctrinal disputes. The orthodox church exists in it's current form as a direct result of such ;)
Muslims should be simpler, that's it. You can't kill somebody just because he drew an anime with Mohammed/Jesus on it, maybe atheists should start to kill whenever somebody is praying to god near or something like that?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)