US Diplomats killed in Benghazi over amateur's film (3 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Excuse me but if someone is making fun of your prophet and you decide that the next step is to strap on a vest and go blow up some civilians then that person is mentally retarded and is better off being blown up alone. My hope is that if there are people like that, where these terribly lame movies turn them into suicide bombers, they will end up blowing up like this.

The provoker isn't retarded ??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The provoker isn't retarded ??
I said that I disagree with these movies and I think they're stupid, but I still think that people should be able to film whatever they want (as long as it doesn't actively harm anyone). That's the beauty of freedom of speech, I can just not look/listen to it.

As I said before, the only people dumber than the guy who made this movie are the ones actually getting riled up about it - have you seen it? It was shot in a sandbox somewhere, we had better actors and screen writers in my high school drama club.

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #107
    And who is going to do that?
    The Libyan authorities, the same ones your government recognized as the sole representative of the Libyan people.

Hey, if I had killed someone every time I saw a really bad movie, I would have been the most succesful mass murderer in the history of mankind by now :D

Countless movies have provoked countless numbers of people. Because of religion, history, sexuality, violence, etc. So what exactly is your point?

Regardless, feeling provoked or offended by a movie is fairly retarded anyway. If it bothers you that much, you can always just, you know, not watch it.

Euhm, seems to me that the movie is the entire reason this thing happened (that's how I read it anyway). That makes it part of whatever discussion you're going to have, whether you like it or not.

Besides, who said something about the movie being right or not?

But yeah, there will probably be repercussions. And, not entirely unimportant, a major part of the American population (possibly even Western population in general) will approve of them. Freedom of speech, religious fundamentalism linked with violence, etc. Easy enough to (ab)use all this...
    Ya but these extremists are everywhere, the reason this happened is because the new Libyan authorities are not strong enough and experienced enough to handle these kind of situations. That is the main issue imo.

I'm watching an interview right now with Saleh Gaoda who is an elected representative in the National Congress(which is the acting parliament), he is saying the Libyan authorities are now seriously deliberating sacking both the Minister of Interior and the Minister of Defense. Both have been extremely poor and have done little to improve the security situation in Libya, but today is the last nail in their respective coffins.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    I say it's equal. Match made in heaven (or hell). :D
    So if I make a strawman drawing of Muhammad fucking a donkey (just to make a point of the lamest thing I could think of) I'm equally retarded as the guy who blasts a bazooka at actual people?

Nah.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    There is a comedian in the USA named Bill Maher who makes fun of every religion, every day. He is not only still alive but he is well liked by many people. To kill someone completely unrelated to a low-budget movie made in someone's basement in California is DISGUSTING.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    So if I make a strawman drawing of Muhammad fucking a donkey (just to make a point of the lamest thing I could think of) I'm equally retarded as the guy who blasts a bazooka at actual people?

Nah.
    wordage

---------- Post added 12.09.2012 at 09:16 ----------

We need more Muslim extremists who make films making fun of Americans... that's all I'm gonna say about it.
    :D That would be hilarious.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    The Libyan authorities, the same ones your government recognized as the sole representative of the Libyan people.

Ya but these extremists are everywhere, the reason this happened is because the new Libyan authorities are not strong enough and experienced enough to handle these kind of situations. That is the main issue imo.

I'm watching an interview right now with Saleh Gaoda who is an elected representative in the National Congress(which is the acting parliament), he is saying the Libyan authorities are now seriously deliberating sacking both the Minister of Interior and the Minister of Defense. Both have been extremely poor and have done little to improve the security situation in Libya, but today is the last nail in their respective coffins.
    Which goes back to my original point.

If they are so weak to handle this, who is "actually" going to go after them?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    It's choice of a Billion of people, why you can't resist the urge of making fun of a person who's considered a red line by a Billion of people, why provoke them, and they react by doing something stupid, you can say muslims are terrorist.
    I'm not waiting for you to understand but it's a matter of spirituality.
    It's still a choice. I choose to love Juventus, which I consider my red line, but when people make a retarded, stupid and wrong video about Juve, I don't think it's okay to beat innocent fans up (or retarded fans :D).

If you can't understand, that's it arrogant to think ones choice should be protected, then we will never agree.

Mar 9, 2006
    I didn't know that this happened because of religion :sergio: :sergio: fucking arabs that can't live in peace, they just can't :sergio: there are billion of funny pics with jesus why christians are not killing diplomats because of them? :sergio: they should be happy that americans are not using their nuclear weapons yet

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #117
    Which goes back to my original point.

If they are so weak to handle this, who is "actually" going to go after them?
    They are weak, but that doesn\t mean they can't catch the culprits, it will be a challenge though, thats for sure. They are as we speak investigating and searching for the culprits who did this.

You need to understand that other country's sovereignty needs to be respected, its absolutely unacceptable to even contemplate sending forces to Libya.

In related news, a big demonstration now in Benghazi against extremist groups, they're demanding that the authorities clamp down harder on these kind of groups.

Talk now of possibly declaring martial law.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    They are weak, but that doesn\t mean they can't catch the culprits, it will be a challenge though, thats for sure. They are as we speak investigating and searching for the culprits who did this.

You need to understand that other country's sovereignty needs to be respected, its absolutely unacceptable to even contemplate sending forces to Libya.

In related news, a big demonstration now in Benghazi against extremist groups, they're demanding that the authorities clamp down harder on these kind of groups.

Talk now of possibly declaring martial law.
    I understand, but if the authorities there don't take this seriously then off we go I have a feeling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)