US Diplomats killed in Benghazi over amateur's film (6 Viewers)

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #145
    Just watched some videos of the late ambassador.

:tup: I feel even more sorry now for his death.
    One of the things he said was there is no extremism in Libya, the vast majority are peace loving people who revolted against the Gedaffi regime for basic human rights and democracy.

Its sad really. People really did like him.

Huge demonstration now on TV in Benghazi, condemning what happened to Mr Stevens.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    One of the things he said was there is no extremism in Libya, the vast majority are peace loving people who revolted against the Gedaffi regime for basic human rights and democracy.

Its sad really. People really did like him.

Huge demonstration now on TV in Benghazi, condemning what happened to Mr Stevens.
    :tup:

History shows us again, that anarchy will always fail.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #150
    Reports now saying that the real reason for the attack on the consulate is as retribution for the US killing infamous Libyan senior leader in Al Qaeda Abu Yehya Al Libyee near the Pakistani border.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Reports now saying that the real reason for the attack on the consulate is as retribution for the US killing infamous Libyan senior leader in Al Qaeda Abu Yehya Al Libyee near the Pakistani border.
    Excuse my abusive incredulity on this one, but like Libyans actually give a shit about what happens on the Pakistani border that they torch and kill in their backyard?

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #152
    Excuse my abusive incredulity on this one, but like Libyans actually give a shit about what happens on the Pakistani border that they torch and kill in their backyard?
    Not Libyans, an extremist few, or to be more specific, Al Qaeda loyalists in Libya, people who came back to Libya during the revolution when everybody and his mother could get past the borders.

That is why, i for one, am with declaring martial law in the country, its gone too far, these incidents have happened way too much, and Salafist groups, Jihadist groups, and Al Qaeda loyalists are running freely in the country right now.

Abu Yehya Al Libi was an international terrorist, nobody in Libya gives two shits about him.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    Not Libyans, an extremist few, or to be more specific, Al Qaeda loyalists in Libya, people who came back to Libya during the revolution when everybody and his mother could get past the borders.

That is why, i for one, am with declaring martial law in the country, its gone too far, these incidents have happened way too much, and Salafist groups, Jihadist groups, and Al Qaeda loyalists are running freely in the country right now.

Abu Yehya Al Libi was an international terrorist, nobody in Libya gives two shits about him.
    The Khilafat hopes from the recent Arab revolutions is very worrying. Those groups you mentioned need to be marginalised asap before they gain any momentum.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #156
    The Khilafat hopes from the recent Arab revolutions is very worrying. Those groups you mentioned need to be marginalised asap before they gain any momentum.
    They won't get any momentum, people are sick of them, the problem in libya is that these groups have become armed, and it won't be easy getting rid of them. Until we can reform the police force and armed forces, we're not going to be safe from these kind of groups.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Apparently the US are sending the Marine down to Libya to protect their diplomats. Good decision.
    Don't you mean killing machines who sign up for the taste of children blood?

I don't agree with what they did.
    No, you just understand why they did it.

They taken one step further, they send you there.
    :lol:

I'd hand that fucker over publicly. Toss in Pat Robertson and Glenn Beck just to show how sorry we are.
    Now AC will know you weren't being serious before.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Don't you mean killing machines who sign up for the taste of children blood?
    Such crap from you, you've missed the entire point of the discussion - very AC-esque of you.

And once again US forces are going to a foreign country to influence events one way or the other. If you fear for your diplomats, you put them on the first flight to DC until the situation cools, you don't send your own navy to protect them on foreign soil. Bunch of bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)