Unfortunate Ending (3 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
Firstly, I’ve completed almost 10.000 posts on this forum, since 2001. Not too bad, if you think about it. I’ve learned a lot about football, people, and Juve in my time here. I’d like to thank a few people:

Erik: for being a terrific guy and everything else that makes him great.

Martin: for creating the site and for being the best moderator and poster that Juventuz has had.

Josh: for being thoughtful, friendly, and entertaining

Paul: for reasons which are either self-evident or best not rehashed

Mac: for the old days

The Great Posters: Denco, Glen, JKane, Torkel, Sutnop, Nina, Lisa, and Nekton

I’d also like to thank everyone who’s participated here and especially those who took it upon themselves to care a little bit about the health of this community.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was fun, but unfortunately this is not a dedication thread. There are a few people I’d like to say a few things to, publicly:

Incubo, Serge, Vinman, Snoop, and Paul: You’re little elitist club is pathetic, childish, and hurtful to the community of this forum. I’ve lost a lot of respect for all of you because of it.

Marty: Think about making this a football forum again. You may lose some posters, but I think that it’ll be worthwhile. The rep system, vbookie, etc. are novel devices, but it’s all too virtual reality for me. This was a football forum, where football fans discussed football, and personal issues were brought up when related to the topic at hand.

Zlatan haters: Shut the fuck up. Maybe he sucks, maybe he doesn’t but you’ve taken it to extremes, don’t let passion obscure your wisdom.

Del Piero haters: Shut the fuck up. Maybe he’s not the superstar he once was, but he’s the best we’ve got and the best we’re going to get, so the point is moot.

Capello haters: Shut the fuck up. Maybe he’s not the best coach in the world, but winning two league titles in two years is pretty good. You can’t have every trophy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that’s out of the way, I’ve space to write what I’ve really got to say:

A long time ago, on this forum, there was a thread about loyalty to the club. I was identified as a member who was not a “true Juventino.” Unlike others, I did not disagree. I’ve had other favourite clubs before, and I did follow one player to Juve (VDS), but even when Edwin left, I felt that I would stay with Juve. However, in that thread I stated that there were certain conditions which would necessitate my changing alliance.

Juve today is in shambles. They hired Roma’s coach, took the club into public trading, bought overrated foreign mercenaries at the expense of youth products, and they’ve sold the stadium name, jersey, and even the club symbol. That’s enough to make me sick.

Now, the long supposed influence of Juve upon the referees of Serie A is no longer supposed. I was willing to believe that this was a conspiracy theory raised by disenchanted fans of other Italian clubs. However, as the evidence mounts, it’s clear to me that Juve are modern footballs greatest example of the corporate club. Results are more important than football or sport, because money is even more important than results, at least to Juve. The even more sad fact is that the fans don’t seem to care…

It is for these reasons that I have taken down my framed Juve jersey’s, club posters, and scarf. I no longer consider myself to be a fan of Juventus FC, and I doubt that I shall watch their games or follow their progress. As such, my time on this forum has come to an end, but an unfortunate one at that.

Again, thank you all, best wishes to everyone. I hold no ill will toward anyone regardless of what has transpired, and I hope the best for Juve and it’s fans…

Peace

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ian, if you truly no longer cared, you probably wouldn't have gone at length to discuss it. So I am admittedly a bit puzzled about what you were trying to achieve here.

In any case, thanks for your many contributions here.

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    swag said:
    Ian, if you truly no longer cared, you probably wouldn't have gone at length to discuss it. So I am admittedly a bit puzzled about what you were trying to achieve here.

In any case, thanks for your many contributions here.
    I'm not a Juventus fan anymore. That doesn't mean that I don't care about this forum or the people in it. I felt that I owed it to some people here to explain myself, and I did take it as an oppurtunity to say some things that I needed to say.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    axlrose85 said:
    out of curiosity.would you redevelop your love the club if we become clean in some years time?
    Unlikely. I started to support this club at a very different time in football. Juve were a team that repressented the oldschool of football. That's what kept me here after Edwin left, but that's no longer the case. Besides, I've rather takent o supporting my, "hometown club."

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Thanks for being here, Ian, I've enjoyed your presence here a lot. You always had a lot of football insight, while being an interesting and nice guy in non-football topics. One of the greats. :star:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Matteo.. said:
    Moggi was the d.g. of Juventus FC. Moggi WAS Juventus.
    have to disagree, moggi is not juventus. Juventus is much bigger than a person, juve is bigger that all it´s players. juve is more that 100 years of tradition. Moggi will be a black point in the history of juve.

Sep 28, 2002
    Torkel said:
    Thanks for being here, Ian, I've enjoyed your presence here a lot. You always had a lot of football insight, while being an interesting and nice guy in non-football topics. One of the greats. :star:
    i sencond that.

good luck ian, congrats on barca victory.

btw, snoop was never in that elitist club. in fact he's an outsider.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Ian said:
    I'm not a Juventus fan anymore. That doesn't mean that I don't care about this forum or the people in it. I felt that I owed it to some people here to explain myself, and I did take it as an oppurtunity to say some things that I needed to say.
    piss off to Barcelona

Vaffanculo

May 11, 2006
    Moggi was the d.g. of Juventus FC. Moggi WAS Juventus.
    Great.

So let me know when you'll quit belonging to your country when you discover that your leader - for instance - is corrupted.

Or is it prohibited for some people to be corrupted?

I started to support this club at a very different time in football. Juve were a team that repressented the oldschool of football. That's what kept me here after Edwin left, but that's no longer the case. Besides, I've rather takent o supporting my, "hometown club."

I don't blame you, who wouldn't support his "hometown club" over a club he pretended to belong to, especially when that hometown club admins and managers are angels!!

See you either next year or couple of years when juve win a CL title.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Maresca said:
    have to disagree, moggi is not juventus. Juventus is much bigger than a person, juve is bigger that all it´s players. juve is more that 100 years of tradition. Moggi will be a black point in the history of juve.
    :tup:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Matteo.. said:
    You completely missed the point.

In fact, every Juventino should think about what Ian said.
    Well said.

I'm sorry to see you go Ian. You're an interesting guy to know, even if only a little. Good luck. :pint:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    FWIW, I want to thank Ian for his contributions here. He's been a great poster over the years and has added a lot here.

But as an aside, I'm not as keen on people creating quasi-dedication posts to make a point of publicly spitting on the team they once supported and to put in on display for everyone. Particularly for a team that is currently in a crisis and has a long, long history predating any of this business. And, with any luck, this team's legacy will long exceed anything going on in this recent period of Juve's long history.

Moggi is gone. Giraudo is gone. Bettega is gone. Stevens is gone. This is as much of an opportunity as any time in history for this club to establish a real new beginning.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Peace. I never got to know you well but I know that you have a good taste in music and a great taste in stuffing Rizlas.

Take care.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Incubo, Serge, Vinman, Snoop, and Paul: You’re little elitist club is pathetic, childish, and hurtful to the community of this forum. I’ve lost a lot of respect for all of you because of it.

wow...if you really paid attention you would have seen that snoop and I havent been the best of friends (although all has been forgotten on my end)

maybe its all the marijuana you smoke...it fucks with your brain, dont you know ??

whatever you think Ian........

let me also add that it would take the total and utter destruction of Juventus FC for me to ever follow another team. I would follow Juve even if they were sent down to Serie D (although it would be hard to see matches on TV)

we dont need anymore fair weathered fans around here, so, as Arnold would say "hasta la vista, baby !!":D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)