Un-Banning my comrade (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Via can actually control himself and participate in discussion objectively, sure, bring him back. But don't cry foul if starts again with his old ways; we'll be watching him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A couple weeks ago, Z started a mod thread with the list of banned members. For the record, you can count them all on one hand. Just FYI.

That said, Via literally outright asked to be banned, starting a bogus thread with a headline to grab attention and announce the fact that he wanted to be banned. But others here have been given second (and more) chances to make good after a ban, and, for those who seriously do want to be mostly constructive here, on the whole it's been for the better for most everyone.

We'll see if Marty comes around to possibly undoing it. But agreed - I'll be keeping an eye out to be sure.

Aug 17, 2005
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
A couple weeks ago, Z started a mod thread with the list of banned members. For the record, you can count them all on one hand. Just FYI.

That said, Via literally outright asked to be banned, starting a bogus thread with a headline to grab attention and announce the fact that he wanted to be banned. But others here have been given second (and more) chances to make good after a ban, and, for those who seriously do want to be mostly constructive here, on the whole it's been for the better for most everyone.

We'll see if Marty comes around to possibly undoing it. But agreed - I'll be keeping an eye out to be sure.
but swag, arnt u mod (i think tahts wat i read in teh announcement forums) cant u do something...plz

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Exactly. What's the point banning someone if you aren't certain they deserve it and know they have no place here.

No offence, but you guys are just power hungry. 5 members banned? Silly.

Maybe you should introduce suspensions. That way you can fill your power freakage and not permantly fvck the forum.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sorry jaecole, but this Via Turatti deserved to be banned. Those idiots posting FenerUltra crap all over the forum deserved to be as well.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++

Exactly. What's the point banning someone if you aren't certain they deserve it and know they have no place here.

Maybe you should introduce suspensions. That way you can fill your power freakage and not permantly fvck the forum.
The one reason you can't take away banning powers is because the main man is not gonna be here all the time. If mods can't instantly ban spammers or persistent trouble makers then they'll be allowed to run riot over the boards until Marty comes back online.

Aug 17, 2005
u guys plz unban via turati, he promises he wont make trouble and that he'll respect ur opinions as well as giving his own opinions, plz unban him
do it for christiano ronaldo

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Take the banning powers of the mods. Owner bans only!

People getting banned around here like crazy.

4 people have been banned under the new ownership. 1 for sending an abusive PM to me, one for posting a link to a virus, one for posting political propaganda and Via Turati for his general attitude. Of course that it will take more for a regualr to get banned than a newbie tho. Double standards? Yes, so?

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Politics does nothing but divide the membership; and for what? It's not like anyone is going to change their mind.

IMHO :)

Aug 17, 2005
u guys..back on topic...is it possible that via turati can be reinstated, as he has promised that he will respect u guys and not f::: arnd...he seems rlly serious and sincere abt this...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

There's isnt a temp ban option in this version of vb. If thre was we would use it. problem is, all mods can ban users, but only Martin can unban them.

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Sorry jaecole, but this Via Turatti deserved to be banned. Those idiots posting FenerUltra crap all over the forum deserved to be as well.

That wasnt him, that was GFB_1907, and he has been unbanned.

Aug 17, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

There's isnt a temp ban option in this version of vb. If thre was we would use it. problem is, all mods can ban users, but only Martin can unban them.

That wasnt him, that was GFB_1907, and he has been unbanned.
|
u guys unbanned a spammer:confused:?then there has to be a way that via can be unbanned..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Someone got banned for that...

?

Yes, because it was an unprovoked nationalist outburst.

Political propaganda? Oh I guess that means he has an opinion. Yeah ban him.

I think this was different.

++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
who are the members banned?
Via Turati
Dusan
juve-girl110
yas123

And GFB was unbanned because I said he would get a 2 day temp ban, I didnt ban Via Turati so I wont get into that discussion, nor will I interfere with the work and decisions of other moderators.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)