UK Politics (2 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It would be stupid to resign now. We need stability more than anything at the moment and changing prime minister isn't going to help that. Not that I think she should go, she has barely had much time in the role and I think the criticism she has received has been over the top, they still won (were only 8 short of full majority - plus Sinn Fein don't take their seats so need even less). I find it ironic that Jeremy Corbyn is saying she should resign after his situation a year ago

Arrogance from Conservatives to hold the election and even more so in their attitude towards the campaign but they will be happy that they are still there and don't need to hold another election for a while (unless they change their mind again).

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I came across this :lol:

Breaking: Sources say ISIS have claimed responsibility for Theresa May's speech

"We're just amazed at how much damage she has inflicted on the United Kingdom, frankly she makes our jihad look positively small time" said an ISIS spokeman this morning.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I never understand these dictators man.
I mean, play along just a little, you're already a trillionaire, play along a little with the civilized world, then do whatever the fuck you want. Is it so hard, I don't get it.
But then again, power corrupts and so on I guess.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I never understand these dictators man.
I mean, play along just a little, you're already a trillionaire, play along a little with the civilized world, then do whatever the fuck you want. Is it so hard, I don't get it.
But then again, power corrupts and so on I guess.
geopolitical dick size matters, not money

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Ya, I think he can make more money by playing along. But what really motivates the Putins of this world is power and influence.
I just don't understand what Russia gain from this? I mean it's pretty serious - the attempted murder of civilians on NATO soil using illegal chemical weapons. How does this end well?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I just don't understand what Russia gain from this? I mean it's pretty serious - the attempted murder of civilians on NATO soil using illegal chemical weapons. How does this end well?
Russia sends a message to former spies, current spies, potential spies and any other Russians in opposition to Putin: don't fuck with us; you and your family is not safe.

Secondly, they are indirectly telling the UK, that they are weak. We don't fear you, you are isolated. The US (Trump) is a mess and you left your best friends; you are not the Empire not the Power soem of you still have wet dreams about. "You are weak, we can "attack" on British soil".

Thirdly, if Trump still stays weak towards the Russians [Russia clearly has leverage on Trump], there's the possibility of creating a rift between two strong allies; UK and USA. Rift in NATO alliance, more liekly to see Russia go for former Soviet states; Caucasus and especially the Baltics.

And then there's the domestic aspect. There's a presidential election today in Russia and altho there's no chance Putin won't win. The current narrative of the West in Russia is supported by a "made up nervegas attack"-story, that can be told again and again.

What's interesting today. Will Trump congratulate Putin (stay Putin's puppet) or will he keep the required distance and send a diplomatic signal to his allies and Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Has it been confirmed as Russia? Just asking
A much as you can, yes.

Only conspiracy theorists and pro-Kreml thinks otherwise.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Have you seen any evidence ?
Of course not :lol:

How would a layman ever come in contact with those? But look up the nerve gas that was used, the victim of the nerve gas attack, Russias/Soviet intelligence behaviour; consider pros/cons of the attack and lastly get your razor out preferably of the brand called Occam.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Of course not :lol:

How would a layman ever come in contact with those? But look up the nerve gas that was used, the victim of the nerve gas attack, Russias/Soviet intelligence behaviour; consider pros/cons of the attack and lastly get your razor out preferably of the brand called Occam.
Tell me the pros of the attack

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Tell me the pros of the attack
Putin's presidency thrives in times of international tensions. His single most important tool in the box is 'us vs them' narrative/victimhood (where is da proofs? we dindu nuffin). So he goes out, sets little geopolitical fires here and there, collecting harsh words and sanctions from the EU/UK/US, plugs them into his state controlled media, goebbels effect occurs, his approval ratings to through the roof. I am not even excluding the possiblity that the attack was timed for presidential elections cos no matter how many kids are left to burn alive in Kemerevo, russians always look up to the guy who stands up against western provocation and aggression :touched:

Also he is poking the brits when they are the weakest (brexit and trump tensions)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Putin's presidency thrives in times of international tensions. His single most important tool in the box is 'us vs them' narrative/victimhood (where is da proofs? we dindu nuffin). So he goes out, sets little geopolitical fires here and there, collecting harsh words and sanctions from the EU/UK/US, plugs them into his state controlled media, goebbels effect occurs, his approval ratings to through the roof. I am not even excluding the possiblity that the attack was timed for presidential elections cos no matter how many kids are left to burn alive in Kemerevo, russians always look up to the guy who stands up against western provocation and aggression :touched:

Also he is poking the brits when they are the weakest (brexit and trump tensions)
Did he really need that help for an election he was always going to win by a landslide, considering the political fallout that followed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)