OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #41
    you just dont agree?
    I agree about the Lib Dem bit.

I, broadly speaking agree with the vast majority of what Labour stands for, but I am concerned at their ability to manage the national debt.

What is the third party like? More fiscally conservative, not the phony conservatives?
    The Liberal Democrats are a bunch of lefties.

High taxes for the rich, to help support everone else.

Big on the environment.

They are a pretty dull bunch who are only getting attention because they are saying 'Look we're aren't Labour or Conservative'.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    One of the stupidiest things that constituents want is an increase in public spending but a decrease in taxing. When things like that are a general concensous i have serious questions about how much understanding some citizens have of how things work.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    One of the stupidiest things that constituents want is an increase in public spending but a decrease in taxing. When things like that are a general concensous i have serious questions about how much understanding some citizens have of how things work.
    Yeah, nobody should be in favor of increased spending at a time like this.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    What do you guys think about Trident?

I kind of agree with the libdems. We should reduce how large the force is, whilst encouraging non proliferation for a long term goal of not having a nuclear arsenal in a nuke free world. To save money and remove the need for them i think its the only sensible way forward.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #46
    Britain should only reduce its nuclear capabilities when other nations agree to do the same.

As Andy said, in an ideal world the whole thing could be scrapped, but I don't see why Britain should lead the way.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #50
    Start stock-piling tinned foods and working on that bomb shelter.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #52
    You Irish aren't known for being prepared to deal with a shortage of a certain form of food.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Britain should only reduce its nuclear capabilities when other nations agree to do the same.

As Andy said, in an ideal world the whole thing could be scrapped, but I don't see why Britain should lead the way.
    We wouldnt be, Obama has just agreed to a 50% cut with Russia. Althought it was more or less russia just hoping to get

Jasper should start to support the Venus Project if he's serious about scrapping nuclear weapons. ;)
    Have we not discussed the Venus Project before? Its just rapture from Bioshock.

Its more of less that same thing lol.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #55
    We wouldnt be, Obama has just agreed to a 50% cut with Russia. Althought it was more or less russia just hoping to get
    I know, but Britain aren't in the same league as them anyway.

I mean other nuclear states of more comparable stature to the UK.

When you're talking about a Nuclear war there's no such thing as defense involving having a Nuclear arsenal. This would just mean that in case of an actual war, they'll both wipe each other out.
    You aware of the idea of nuclear weapons acting as a deterrent?

That is how they provide a defence.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    What do you guys think about Trident?

I kind of agree with the libdems. We should reduce how large the force is, whilst encouraging non proliferation for a long term goal of not having a nuclear arsenal in a nuke free world. To save money and remove the need for them i think its the only sensible way forward.
    I'm against the Lib Dem general policy here, the US is too far away to be considered a 'protector' nuclear deterrant. Reducing the size, in line with when others do, but don't expect a nuclear free world any time soon.

What will this saved money go on anyway, housing illegal immigrants? :shifty:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    You aware of the idea of nuclear weapons acting as a deterrent?

That is how they provide a defence.
    So you think Russia won't attack Britain with Nuclear weapons as long as they've their own Nuclear arsenal? you think that's what stopping them from doing such a dumb move? And the same goes for every Nuclear country..?

That's BS, Nuclear weapons were found to attack other countries not for defending purposes and till now no country processes such wepons for defense reasons. Lets say Britain does give up their nuclear arsenal, you think the Ruskies would attack the country with nuclear weapons just like that, there's international law and there's always the U.S to back it's allies. Its not like the world is a jungle where everyone has to stand for themselves or suffer the consequences.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    The first pic is spot on while the 2nd should be the first excluding one of those two standing, despite all three being the same guy :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)