True Detective (2 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I like Vince but not as a serious detective. Then again the series is well written (at least season 1) so I'd put my verdictafter I watch it.
Don't worry, he's not playing a detective. They still have two more detectives to cast as well.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Don't worry, he's not playing a detective. They still have two more detectives to cast as well.
I'm not worried. However, I really liked the idea of a female detective, there were talks about that probably Helen Hunt? I can't remember who was it they mentioned.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
It's gona be crazy, can't wait. I really like that the creators are getting in actors that aren't accustomed to their roles.

As a writer, you risk the show taking itself too seriously and too darkly. Without the balance, there is no contrast. Black on black isn't ultimately as dark, but black against light is starker. TV programs otherwise risk becoming one-dimensional.
I'm a bit late on this post but this is exactly why I loved the show. It was getting darker and darker each episode, almost Kubrickian which made the series more artistic, allowing more of an impact on the psychology and philosophy. Not that "black against light" isn't good, I love The Wire but then again, my favourite film always has been There will be Blood :evil:

HBO sure has made a reputation of getting fantastic writing out there.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Of all people, Armenians should appreciate good writing -- afterall, your entire history and national identity is pure fiction :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)