True Detective (1 Viewer)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just finished the show. Amazing tv. Instant classic. Will it beat Breaking Bad at the Emmys? Will Mathew McConaughy win best actor instead of Brian Cranston? it will close.

I feel that the series left a lot of unanswered questions and i like that. I feel that we haven't even scratched the surface of whats going in with this cult. Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Edward Norton are just a few actors that come into my head when thinking of next seasons leads.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #128
    Yea, I expect new actors to be relatively new and not so famous.

But if we had such great actors in the first season I expect nothing less in the future. Still, replacing McConaughy is probably one hell of a job.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
    Just finished the show. Amazing tv. Instant classic. Will it beat Breaking Bad at the Emmys? Will Mathew McConaughy win best actor instead of Brian Cranston? it will close.

I feel that the series left a lot of unanswered questions and i like that. I feel that we haven't even scratched the surface of whats going in with this cult. Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Edward Norton are just a few actors that come into my head when thinking of next seasons leads.
    Breaking bad will not be nominated on Emmys anymore, the show is over

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Jul 10, 2006
    Everyone praises Mcconaughey but Harrelson was amazing in his own style.
    Woody was fucking amazing, too. His role was obviously the second lead to Matthew, but he was still great. I completely bought into him being 'that guy.'

It's the best work I have seen either of them do as actors and I've seen just about everything that each of them has done.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Woody was fucking amazing, too. His role was obviously the second lead to Matthew, but he was still great. I completely bought into him being 'that guy.'

It's the best work I have seen either of them do as actors and I've seen just about everything that each of them has done.
    There was this scene in the last episode when Hart went to check on Rust at the hospital.

Hart: "I was gonna leave but then you woke up. Jesus, what's your fucking problem?"
    Rust: "Nothing what's your problem?"
    Hart: "Not a care in the world"

The look on Hart's face when he said that before he drank that water or something and how Rust's face turned thinking "what the fuck is up with us?" killed me. :lol:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

And to think I almost ran him and his daughter over on a scooter in Ravello, Italy. :heart:

Just finished the show myself (about time). Nicely done. Though I thought the show got darker and darker and lacked comic levity more and more as the episodes wore on.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I don't think something needs to have witty sarcasm and one-liners to get cheap laughs. True Detective didn't overdo it with that and that's what i liked about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)