Trofeo Berlusconi [6-1-2007] (3 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Didn't see the game today but going by the scoreline and the reports it has just confirmed what was already known. Our attack at the moment is more than good enough for serie A but our defence, particularly in the centre, just isn't good enough. Need to buy two good defenders and replace anyone else who leaves in the summer.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Its so obvious that our defence will not be the defence to bring into serie A. Boumsong tripping over at the exact right moment. What a Donut!:disagree:

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
milan always scores at the end of minuttes....this is unfair...

btw our defence sucks.....i cant wait to see barza, givet or lusaio...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
my observations of the game-

On defense-

BUMsong is not the answer

Kovac is not the answer

Balza is not the answer

in fact, this entire defense has to be re-vamped if we are going to succeed in Serie A. With the exception of Chellini as a LB, this whole defense are nothing more than substitutes in Serie A....the Agnelli family better get the checkbook out

In midfield-

Paro is not the answer

Marchisio (even though he didnt play) is not the answer

Palladino in the midfield is not the answer (he is a forward)

Zalayeta proved once again that he has no skills, cannot pass or contol the ball (otherwise he would have scored on DP's perfect pass that he had to stop to get control of, and gave Maldini plenty of time to take from him), and maybe we should get off Boji's back, and start blaming ZALA for being a poor strike partner, who gives him no service

My biggest concern is with the piss poor defense....who made a Kaka-less Milan look like an offensive machine, which we've all seen in the past few months is quite the opposite. This game proved that none of these defenders are up to the task of Serie A, and BUMsong should be sold immediately....his best defensive move today was laying on his back, while Inzaghi scored (he wasnt tripped by Filippo...he tripped over his own feet...not the first time thats happened !!)

Hopefully, this game will show our "management" that we need reinforcements NOW, and more for next season....regardless of how good DD thinks were playing

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I dont know what kind of conclusions we can make from this match, it was obvious already before that we are weak in defens. And should a second division team beat first division team? But its not like milan has been doing well either, although the pointpenalty also has its affect on the standings in serie a.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
my observations of the game-

On defense-

BUMsong is not the answer

Kovac is not the answer

Balza is not the answer

in fact, this entire defense has to be re-vamped if we are going to succeed in Serie A. With the exception of Chellini as a LB, this whole defense are nothing more than substitutes in Serie A....the Agnelli family better get the checkbook out

In midfield-

Paro is not the answer

Marchisio (even though he didnt play) is not the answer

Palladino in the midfield is not the answer (he is a forward)

Zalayeta proved once again that he has no skills, cannot pass or contol the ball (otherwise he would have scored on DP's perfect pass that he had to stop to get control of, and gave Maldini plenty of time to take from him), and maybe we should get off Boji's back, and start blaming ZALA for being a poor strike partner, who gives him no service

My biggest concern is with the piss poor defense....who made a Kaka-less Milan look like an offensive machine, which we've all seen in the past few months is quite the opposite. This game proved that none of these defenders are up to the task of Serie A, and BUMsong should be sold immediately....his best defensive move today was laying on his back, while Inzaghi scored (he wasnt tripped by Filippo...he tripped over his own feet...not the first time thats happened !!)

Hopefully, this game will show our "management" that we need reinforcements NOW, and more for next season....regardless of how good DD thinks were playing

could'nt agree more :agree: , superb post :pint:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I gotta say Zebina was our best defender when he came in. :|

The conclusion I got from this game is that we should do everything to keep Buffon, buy 3 new defenders and 1 defensive midfielder.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I gotta say Zebina was our best defender when he came in. :|

The conclusion I got from this game is that we should do everything to keep Buffon, buy 3 new defenders and 1 defensive midfielder.
thats 3 world class defenders. but do we have the money? besides getting mascherano.

I guess buffon, camo and trez will be leaving in the summer. :cry:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
thats 3 world class defenders. but do we have the money? besides getting mascherano.

I guess buffon, camo and trez will be leaving in the summer. :cry:
I'm pretty sure we can get Grygera on a free or cheap if we get him now. He's not world-class but better than what we got. We could include players in deals for Barzagli or any other defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)