Trezeguet signs new contract!!!!!! (27 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

IMO we still need a new vice Trezeguet. We've sufferend in the past when he's been injured, and IMO one more striker is neccessary.

correct zlatan (ibrahimovits ;-) ) why dont u come to juve?
i dont know about gila, but i sure know we wont get vieri,
so we dont have to worry we ll have to sell him for 5m euro cause he will leave free, if barca has the money and treze become first scorer he still can go, if not he will keep his power for juve and become 1st scorer in italy, hi hi

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
great news! There is no replacement to step in other than Vieri. Young players are great but not proven!

We may still get another young forward as Zala is leaving, and Di Vaio is crap and Moggi knows it since he was willing to let him go at a loss.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Trez is young enough that this sounds like a far better option than getting shortchanged by Barca and paying top dollar for a replacement of the same par -- like Vieri. IMO, Moggi did the right thing under the circumstances. If true, let's hope that Trez responds with some newfound commitment and motivation.

As much as I like Gila and want to see him in Juve stripes, the best I can hope for there -- since I don't see him getting real starting time at Juve without injury -- is to sign him and loan him out for a while where he can develop more first team play.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If somthing id true.... is that Trezeguet deserved so much this up in his wages.

Still i think that we needed a more mobile or agile striker intead of trez....but well... this is how thigs are going.-

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I wouldn't sell any striker, but I would get a tall young striker, who can play for the primavery aswell as for our first team. Maybe Benjamin, who is already at the club, can impress Capello and get his chance!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think its good and bad.

1. its a high wage, something i thought moggi was trying to lower.

2. its great that he stays cuz it means we have a striker who scores goals at will.

3. he is static upfront without much to offer other than finishing and great positioning. This means we really need to bring in a CREATIVE playmaker because Del Piero isnt enough upfront IMO.

4. We need to give him direct backup. Di Vaio IS NOT direct backup, he is a different style of striker who makes the team change when coming on. Cavenaghi would be a good option because we could give salas in the deal and not have to spend 20 million on gilardino. Plus, we could use that cash for DV to get that playmaker needed. also, DV's wage suddenly becomes Trez's wage, and cavenaghi wouldnt get that much anyway.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Damn........5 million. Ronaldinho doesn't even get paid that much. :eek:
Actually I read that Trez will get £3.5M, and Ronaldinho gets £5.5M + bonuses with his new contract...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Yesss, this is great news. There's only a couple of guys I would reather have than Trez, and none of them are linked to us. I'm very, very pleased.

If we're talking about talentless gimps, Di Vaio is obviously the subject. Let's get rid of him and get a real sub for Trez, that's the way to go.
Di vaio has infinitely more talent than trezeguet imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)