Trezeguet signs new contract!!!!!! (43 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
hmm this is ok...
now i hope that we sell di vaio (as i think he is to good for a sub) and we sign a young talent like cavenaghi...! or bring sculli back from loan!

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #27
    Exactly, another Moggi f. up. If he had signed Trez 2 years ago I bet you the amount would have been much less. But instead he gambled on this for so long and now that the pressure really is on, he caved in and gave Trez just about the same Vieri would get. Moggi is really losing it..

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
    And Paulo, what's wrong, did you count on selling Trez and buying Gilardino?!
    Well I wanted this useless lump of tripe out of our team thats what i wanted. Anyone reasonable like morientes, Gilardino, zlatan even Vieri would have been a massive improvement

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Tom, don't you think Vieri would have been a short sighted purchase?
    Yes, very much so, but I'd take him over trez anyday of the week. Certainly i'd have preferred a younger option though yeah

Oct 1, 2002
    Exactly, another Moggi f. up. If he had signed Trez 2 years ago I bet you the amount would have been much less. But instead he gambled on this for so long and now that the pressure really is on, he caved in and gave Trez just about the same Vieri would get. Moggi is really losing it..
    considering he got far less than he should have for 2 years, this 5 m is acceptable. I think the reason the sum is so big is because treze wants Juve to cover what he should have got from 2 years ago.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #34
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    considering he got far less than he should have for 2 years, this 5 m is acceptable. I think the reason the sum is so big is because treze wants Juve to cover what he should have got from 2 years ago.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.. But had he signed an extension 2 years ago, it might not have been that long, maybe a raise and an extension until 2006 or 2007. In which case we could have offloaded him sooner, but now we're "stuck" with him longer.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    :D I really hope it is true though. :cool:
    :confused:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #36
    Let me explain it for the mortals then :D;)

I hope Trez stays cause we need him. I don't think Vieri would be an improvement and I think replacing Trez with Gila is kinda pointless. In 2-3 years Gila will expect the same wages Trez does now, and it will probably take him some time to adapt to playing for a big club (see Miccoli). So yeah I'm glad we seem to have signed Trez.

But that doesn't mean this deal is all that wise, €5m is a LOT of cash and we should make wage cuts. Paying Trez €1m is an insult but €5m is way more than I would like. Adding to the fact that his contract now runs until 2008 and with a wage like that it will take something really special for us to be able to sell him before then (at anything that isn't a loss). So our bargaining position is a poor one, thanks to Moggi.

Sep 28, 2002

But that doesn't mean this deal is all that wise, €5m is a LOT of cash and we should make wage cuts. Paying Trez €1m is an insult but €5m is way more than I would like. Adding to the fact that his contract now runs until 2008 and with a wage like that it will take something really special for us to be able to sell him before then (at anything that isn't a loss). So our bargaining position is a poor one, thanks to Moggi.
    exactly. we're stuck with him for good now.

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
    not true. if anything itll see his value increase. clubs were unlikely to bid high if they knew they could get trez for free next season, hence barcas 6m bid.

yet now they know theyll have to bid high to prize him away from juve. hes a proven goalscorer, his goals to games ratio is one of the best there is, and if he has a good euro 2004, itll go up further. i cant imagine him not scoring, can you?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)