Trezeguet signs new contract!!!!!! (3 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
I hope capello saw the performance of trez in euro 2004 and saw that he CANT rely on him to be juve main attacker , juve must seek another striker other than him ,he will perform like the past season :(
i also hope Capello watch Del Piero's oerformance at EURO 2004 and realise that he CANT rely on him as a backup striker... he would never score and assist enough goals to be a starting backup striker for juve...

i dun mind Trezeguet scoring 17 goals in 25 appereace ratio like he did last season as long as he have another backup striker that can score more goals and and dont overly depend it on Trezeguet alone...

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
I would sell Trez. He is a hell of a finisher but that's about it. Juventus needs another type of striker. Someone that can also creates his own opportunities and not jsut wait assists in order to do so.Ibra or Gila would be great strikers that would suit that role. Hope Moggi after seen the poor performance of Trez in this Euro sells him asap!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

i also hope Capello watch Del Piero's oerformance at EURO 2004 and realise that he CANT rely on him as a backup striker... he would never score and assist enough goals to be a starting backup striker for juve...

i dun mind Trezeguet scoring 17 goals in 25 appereace ratio like he did last season as long as he have another backup striker that can score more goals and and dont overly depend it on Trezeguet alone...

I Agree:thumb:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Trez makes Juve pledge
Monday 28 June, 2004

David Trezeguet has reassured Juventus fans that he will sign a new contract with the club.

"I still haven’t put pen to paper but there are no problems for me or Juve," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I’ve received a good offer and I’ll soon meet with my father (his agent) to discuss the matter even if we’ve reached an agreement.

"It doesn’t matter now whether I sign before I go on holiday or after because I’ve got what I wanted – to stay at Juventus."

It had looked as if the striker, whose contract expires in 2005, was set to join Barcelona for next season.

Yet the arrival of Fabio Capello as boss seems to have changed his mind, even if Juve are still being linked with Alberto Gilardino and Christian Vieri.

"That doesn’t bother me because I have the faith of Capello," added the 27-year-old. "Next season I want to win more honours.

"I have my eyes on lifting the Champions’ League trophy. I want to conquer Europe with my club seeing as I failed with my country this summer."

France, the holders, were surprisingly eliminated from Euro 2004 by Greece at the quarter final stages.

Trezeguet, 63 goals in 101 League appearances for Juve, also seems to be satisfied with his club's transfer activity.

"Jonathan Zebina has arrived who already demonstrated his quality at Roma last season," he added.

"Then there is Olivier Kapo who is a great talent even if he needs to adapt to the Italian game.

"I’m now just hoping that Emerson joins us from Roma as that would complete us for next term."

The Brazilian midfielder is expected to complete his move to the Delle Alpi outfit sometime this week.

Mar 14, 2004
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,lets hope that Deco will arrive too cuz I dont know who will feed him with balls. Onley positive thing now is that Neddy presents one hell of a performance.....but there is also a problem....we dont have Baros(Maybe DYO if he starts to visit his shrink).

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Oh well.

With Gila headed for Roma, Ibrahimovich not impressing me personally and Vieri screwing up the game... (I ignore the others)

I am starting to wish for Trez to stay now...

River

Jun 15, 2004
People have said about needing a more allround striker.

How about we give you Crespo and you give us that one dimensional forward who is 'one hell of a finisher' ?

Get a good playmaker with Treze and watch the honour list grow :D

And really this shows how much a rate him as a player. When bearing in mind he's french :D

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I want Juve to get rid of Trez ASAP.

He scores when the rest of the team plays well and does ABSOLUTELY nothing when the team is down and need him.

Trezeguet needs a lot of service to finally score. We need a striker who can turn half a chance into a goal - sort of like Elber when he was at Bayern.

I'd take Crespo, Mutu, Gilardino... any one of them would be fine.

I have a feeling that Juve will get Gilardino when its all said and done.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
The funny thing that i read yest that trez promises the fans that he will sign,i dont know if he knows that fans dont want him:D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I am sure there are plenty who do.

I got to the point when I simply don't care... and we haven't seen Trez under Capello...

Maybe he will shine again? He is not too old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)