Trezeguet out , Klose in ? (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Jem83 said:
Good post :tup:

But I don't think going from Bratwurst to Italian pizza and Veal Parmigan will prove so difficult for him :pumpkin:

Personally I think we should sign him if the possibility arises. All he needs is a cross from either flank and he'll head the ball home. I love this type of player.
it depends... since the italian diet is rich in carbohydrate which can result in shedding the pounds

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Jem83 said:
Good post :tup:

But I don't think going from Bratwurst to Italian pizza and Veal Parmigan will prove so difficult for him :pumpkin:

Personally I think we should sign him if the possibility arises. All he needs is a cross from either flank and he'll head the ball home. I love this type of player.
Well its difficult for me when trying to adapt to fish & chips, bangers & mash from rice bowl. So I assumed the same case for Klose.:D . I guess Klose is disciplined enough to resist the temptation of extra bite unlike Zlatan & Ronaldo.:p being introduced to better restaurant etc (No pun intended for the Germans but somehow I have a feeling Italians are better cook than Germans.)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Jun-hide said:
Well its difficult for me when trying to adapt to fish & chips, bangers & mash from rice bowl. So I assumed the same case for Klose.:D . I guess Klose is disciplined enough to resist the temptation of extra bite unlike Zlatan & Ronaldo.:p being introduced to better restaurant etc (No pun intended for the Germans but somehow I have a feeling Italians are better cook than Germans.)
Disipline is is middle name

Badass Devil said:
it depends... since the italian diet is rich in carbohydrate which can result in shedding the pounds
Actually, they tell me he doesn't eat at all :shifty:

They tell me he's some kind of a robot :shifty:

They keep him in a lab during weekdays and unleash him when it's game-time. Yes, that's what they say all right..

The "ehmm ehmm" during interviews is a system defect :shifty:

He runs on oil, and considering our sponsor, I think this move would benefit all parties :p

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Jem83 said:

They keep him in a lab during weekdays and unleash him when it's game-time. Yes, that's what they say all right..

He runs on oil, and considering our sponsor, I think this move would benefit all parties :p
I had a good laugh. That was hilarious. Why not? He is German after all.:D (By the way I think this German no feeling stuff is overstated).

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Jem83 said:

so klose cud be the stig? :shocked:

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Jun-hide said:
What I have seen from Klose is rather limited to Champions League and WC so I do not have full compilation of scouting report on him. Yes, I do see him as a half decent dribbler with relatively decent touch. But at the end of day, that isnt Klose's forte and in comparison to very skilled segunda puntas those element of Klose is average at best. Of course not many sgunda puntas score as many as Klose though.

My point is everyone assumes here that Klose is as prolific scorer as Trezeguet. That is complete fallacy from the indication of stats. Trezeguet has better appearance/goal ratio, more goals scored, and despite his mis-fortunes in WC more prolific goal rate at the international level. Now I havent even adjuted the superior level of competition, injury issues, and Serie A factor which are all in favor of Trez.

I rate Klose as a player. He is one of the best poachers out there no doubt. His skill set would be of interests to almost all teams in Europe. I am not trying to belittle Klose in anyway. What I would like to point out is that Trezeguet is a goal scoring machine that has rarely been seen in the history of game. Only players with similar strike ratio I can think of out of my head is Raul, Van Nisterlooy, Vieri, Sheva and Ronaldo. That is some company and Klose's record doesnt belong to that category. Of course Trez is not any good as the ones I have mentioned but I don't see Klose being all round player enough to off-set the clear inferiority as a goal-scorer. And consider the difficulty of adapting to new league, culture, food etc, there is no point of replacing Klose with Trezeguet unless Trez is desperate to leave. In all regards we should try to convince Trez to stay with us next year.

I want to see Klose playing at a big league for sure. But not in place of Trezeguet.
I agree with your arguments, but I don't want Klose to leave at all.
Trezegol is a great striker, especially for Juve, and should be kept. He would be the best choice of all, because he is as mentioned, proven in Italy and according to this fact the two players are hardly comparable at the moment.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Alltagsheld said:
:notlisten
No offence intended there.

I just found it funny how Jem was making his point with sarcastic remark based on typical German stereotypes - precisely because there are not true.

I find German disciplined, well organized, well drilled but I do not in any way regards German to be "uncreative". As a matter of fact I can think of more creative German players than the English ones: Andreas Moller, Thomas Hassler, Doll, Mikael Ballack, etc.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Jun-hide said:
No offence intended there.

I just found it funny how Jem was making his point with sarcastic remark based on typical German stereotypes - precisely because there are not true.

I find German disciplined, well organized, well drilled but I do not in any way regards German to be "uncreative". As a matter of fact I can think of more creative German players than the English ones: Andreas Moller, Thomas Hassler, Doll, Mikael Ballack, etc.
:)
I know, my comment was meant to be sarcastic, too. Just forgot that it is difficult to read between the lines in internet forums. :D

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Klose reminds me of Bierhoff, and we all know how it went for him in Italy.

It's about time we found someone who can act as a target man and score. Ibra couldn't hit the back of the net and Trez is useless when he doesn't score. Someone like Miroslav can play with most kinds of strikers and still do a good job.

Nedved17

Jul 16, 2006
I'd like to see Klose in Juve. I think at he's a great player and goal scorer, he is good with head and also with his feet's(what most of people don't know). He must be the best strikker available and he would adapt to Serie A, and also Serie B...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
1991-1995
Ascoli 117 (48)

1995-1998
Udinese
86 (57)

1998-2001
AC Milan
91 (38)

2002-2003
Chievo Verona
26 (7)

Pretty much difficult to find fault with this record in Italia. Obviously he kind of flopped in Milan but that this nearly a goal in 2.5apperance pretty good record in Serie A made even better by the fact that by his last couple of season in Milan he was past his best. And if you adjust the old Serie A factor, Bierhoff is one of the best poachers in Serie A history IMO.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i wonder if klose has been so good as he has been (top scorer in world cup) and also good seasons with bremen, why big clubs havent bought him? if i am right there has been times when he has said himself he wants to stay with bremen, but well money talks, so why isnt he already playing for chelsea or real or even bayern then?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Jun-hide said:
1991-1995
Ascoli 117 (48)

1995-1998
Udinese
86 (57)

1998-2001
AC Milan
91 (38)

2002-2003
Chievo Verona
26 (7)

Pretty much difficult to find fault with this record in Italia. Obviously he kind of flopped in Milan but that this nearly a goal in 2.5apperance pretty good record in Serie A made even better by the fact that by his last couple of season in Milan he was past his best. And if you adjust the old Serie A factor, Bierhoff is one of the best poachers in Serie A history IMO.
I was comparing Klose to Bierhoff in a good sense.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Sadomin said:
I was comparing Klose to Bierhoff in a good sense.
Doh

I read in between your posts. I naturally assumed that you were referring to Bierhoff in a derogatory sense since most people tends to remember stiff by past sell out date Bierhoff than the dominating bomber that he was.

Yeah good comparison in terms of their aerial strenght though. I havent seen better headerer of the ball than these two.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jun-hide said:
Doh

I read in between your posts. I naturally assumed that you were referring to Bierhoff in a derogatory sense since most people tends to remember stiff by past sell out date Bierhoff than the dominating bomber that he was.

Yeah good comparison in terms of their aerial strenght though. I havent seen better headerer of the ball than these two.
Karl Heinz Riedle :agree:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Jun-hide said:
Doh

My bad, should've been more clear. ;)

Bierhoff was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)