Trezeguet out , Klose in ? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I like Klose, I think he'd do well in Italy.

Similar player to Bierhoff the way I see it, who was excellent for Udinese and the Milano-muck.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
And besides uhuh-uhm, we'd get really great interviews from him, uhuhuhm :D

Journalist: So Miroslav, how do you feel about joining Juve?
Klose: Ehmm Ehmm Ehmm..
Journalist :agree: Do you think you will get much playing time under Deschamps?
Klose: Ehmm, Ehmm
Journalist: :agree:

etc.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Alltagsheld said:
Do you mean he is not getting involved in the play of his team? If you meant that, I only can tell you that you are absolutely wrong. Klose is often getting the ball from the midfield and passing the decisive pass himself. He's a playing attacker, not a waiting one and a good partner for any other world-class attacker.
What I have seen from Klose is rather limited to Champions League and WC so I do not have full compilation of scouting report on him. Yes, I do see him as a half decent dribbler with relatively decent touch. But at the end of day, that isnt Klose's forte and in comparison to very skilled segunda puntas those element of Klose is average at best. Of course not many sgunda puntas score as many as Klose though.

My point is everyone assumes here that Klose is as prolific scorer as Trezeguet. That is complete fallacy from the indication of stats. Trezeguet has better appearance/goal ratio, more goals scored, and despite his mis-fortunes in WC more prolific goal rate at the international level. Now I havent even adjuted the superior level of competition, injury issues, and Serie A factor which are all in favor of Trez.

I rate Klose as a player. He is one of the best poachers out there no doubt. His skill set would be of interests to almost all teams in Europe. I am not trying to belittle Klose in anyway. What I would like to point out is that Trezeguet is a goal scoring machine that has rarely been seen in the history of game. Only players with similar strike ratio I can think of out of my head is Raul, Van Nisterlooy, Vieri, Sheva and Ronaldo. That is some company and Klose's record doesnt belong to that category. Of course Trez is not any good as the ones I have mentioned but I don't see Klose being all round player enough to off-set the clear inferiority as a goal-scorer. And consider the difficulty of adapting to new league, culture, food etc, there is no point of replacing Klose with Trezeguet unless Trez is desperate to leave. In all regards we should try to convince Trez to stay with us next year.

I want to see Klose playing at a big league for sure. But not in place of Trezeguet.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Jun-hide said:
What I have seen from Klose is rather limited to Champions League and WC so I do not have full compilation of scouting report on him. Yes, I do see him as a half decent dribbler with relatively decent touch. But at the end of day, that isnt Klose's forte and in comparison to very skilled segunda puntas those element of Klose is average at best. Of course not many sgunda puntas score as many as Klose though.

My point is everyone assumes here that Klose is as prolific scorer as Trezeguet. That is complete fallacy from the indication of stats. Trezeguet has better appearance/goal ratio, more goals scored, and despite his mis-fortunes in WC more prolific goal rate at the international level. Now I havent even adjuted the superior level of competition, injury issues, and Serie A factor which are all in favor of Trez.

I rate Klose as a player. He is one of the best poachers out there no doubt. His skill set would be of interests to almost all teams in Europe. I am not trying to belittle Klose in anyway. What I would like to point out is that Trezeguet is a goal scoring machine that has rarely been seen in the history of game. Only players with similar strike ratio I can think of out of my head is Raul, Van Nisterlooy, Vieri, Sheva and Ronaldo. That is some company and Klose's record doesnt belong to that category. Of course Trez is not any good as the ones I have mentioned but I don't see Klose being all round player enough to off-set the clear inferiority as a goal-scorer. And consider the difficulty of adapting to new league, culture, food etc, there is no point of replacing Klose with Trezeguet unless Trez is desperate to leave. In all regards we should try to convince Trez to stay with us next year.

I want to see Klose playing at a big league for sure. But not in place of Trezeguet.
Good post :tup:

But I don't think going from Bratwurst to Italian pizza and Veal Parmigan will prove so difficult for him :pumpkin:

Personally I think we should sign him if the possibility arises. All he needs is a cross from either flank and he'll head the ball home. I love this type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)