transfer talk outside Juve... (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
What I can't understand about Wenger is why they got rid of Jermaine Pennant??

That guy has almost the same pace of Henry (almost.....no one can ever reach him :p), he can also dribble......and in the only game he got a chance in the EPL, he scored a hattrick. True it was against Westham.......but damn, give the kid a chance.

Or is there something I don't know?

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Yeah, he's so obvious. And by trying to appear loyal he just makes it worse.

My main memory of Berks time at Celtic, great player that he is, was when he scored a wonder goal ...then gave the fans who were going wild at his skills the bird.

Ever heard 60,000 Celtic fans fall silent immediately after a goal a Celtic Park?...well Berko managed it.....I've never known anything like it before...we just couldn't figure out what the wee guys problem was...then, before we knew it, he was gone

Probably heard Hartson was on his way to Scottish footie...hehe

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Guilty as charged me Lord

Baggio in Wolves talks

Baggio could be heading to Molineux

Wolves are holding talks with Italian star Dino Baggio over a possible move to Molineux.
The 32-year-old is in the Midlands meeting chief executive Jez Moxey and boss Dave Jones.

Baggio is leaving Lazio on a free transfer and landing his signature would be a major coup for the Premiership new boys.

"Dino Baggio is coming in to talk to us and for us to talk to him," Moxey told the Express & Star.

"There are no agreements for either party and it is just a case of both sides meeting up for the first time and talking about the future. We will see what develops."

Baggio, who won 60 caps for Italy, scoring seven goals, has had a stellar career in Italian club football.

After starting at Torino in 1990 he had year-long spells at Inter Milan and Juventus before joining Parma.

He spent over six years at the northern Italian club before joining current club Lazio.

But the future of Norwegian international Steffen Iversen is far from certain.

Reports in Norway have suggested problems in the Molineux medical Iversen underwent on Friday.

Medical permitting, Wolves are believed to have agreed an initial one-season loan deal with Tottenham.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Fergie denies Veron move

Sir Alex Ferguson insists Juan Sebastian Veron will stay with Manchester United despite his agent meeting Chelsea to discuss a projected £15m move to Stamford Bridge.
The United boss claimed to know nothing of Fernando Hidalgo's assertion that he was meeting Chelsea officials on Wednesday to discuss the Argentine's transfer.

Instead Ferguson claimed Hidalgo was acting without authority and that Veron will be in the starting line-up to face Juventus at New York's Giants Stadium on Thursday.

"Seba is a terrific player and I want him to stay," reiterated Ferguson. "I don't know anything about the speculation.

"Agents talk to a lot of people, they have a lot of power and sometimes they can think different things to the player.

"But Seba is a mature man. He is very experienced and he knows what he wants.

Seba is a marvellous player and he is contracted to us

Sir Alex Ferguson
"If there was a situation arising I'm sure he would talk to me. He hasn't done so and I'm quite happy about that."

Ferguson admitted last week that Veron had turned down an initial approach from Chelsea.

And he remains confident the 28-year-old will still be at the club when United begin the defence of their Premiership title against Bolton on 16 August.

"My impression was that he had settled down, everything had gone quiet and there was no problem," Ferguson added.

"Seba is a marvellous player and he is contracted to us. It is going to be difficult for a deal to be done tomorrow. He will be playing for us."

Newspaper reports suggested United have accepted an improved £15m bid for Veron, who cost them £28.1m from Lazio two years ago.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Inter: Fadiga deal not doomed

Inter Milan plan to go ahead with the transfer of Khalilou Fadiga despite the Senegal international's apparent heart problem.
In his first comments on the matter after a week of silence, Inter president Massimo Moratti told the Italian Sport daily Gazzetta dello Sport that the deal was still on track.

"We're looking at ways of helping him recover," said Moratti.

The club's sporting director Gabriele Oriali added that they were confident a treatment could be found to enable Fadiga to start playing again by the end of the year.

Cardiologists at the Serie A side said it appeared the 28-year-old midfielder had a life-threatening heart problem.

But Fadiga's previous club Auxerre said they were unaware of any health problems.

The player's agent Pape Diouf confirmed on Wednesday that heart consultants had discovered a viral problem that could be treated.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Big-spending Chelsea are poised to complete the £51m double signing of Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri:eek: and Man Utd midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron. But Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink looks to be on his way out of Stamford Bridge. (Daily Star)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
Big-spending Chelsea are poised to complete the £51m double signing of Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri:eek: and Man Utd midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron. But Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink looks to be on his way out of Stamford Bridge. (Daily Star)
Brilliant! :howler: LMAO! :LOL: Inter will suck if this deal goes through! :p:D

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
If Chelsea really sign the players they are roumoured with, they will become like the Real Madrid of EPL......

but i'm sure media is just making use of the situation to exagerate all these roumours

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Going slightly off-topic but I had to share it with you:

You all know that captain of Feyenoord Paul Bosvelt went to England, right? Well, yesterday at the introduction day of Feyenoord he chartered a small airplane with a banner behind it to fly several rounds over De Kuip stadium.

The banner said "Thanks for everything, comrads. Paul"

Is that cool or what? :cool:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Going slightly off-topic but I had to share it with you:

You all know that captain of Feyenoord Paul Bosvelt went to England, right? Well, yesterday at the introduction day of Feyenoord he chartered a small airplane with a banner behind it to fly several rounds over De Kuip stadium.

The banner said "Thanks for everything, comrads. Paul"

Is that cool or what? :cool:
That is indeed very cool, but I still hate Bosvelt.

And here's why:

The guys whose leg is bending at unnatural angles is Dennis Irwin, the last guy on Earth to deserve that. The guy whose foot is about six inches into Irwin's leg is Bosvelt.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
That is indeed very cool, but I still hate Bosvelt.

And here's why:
The guys whose leg is bending at unnatural angles is Dennis Irwin, the last guy on Earth to deserve that. The guy whose foot is about six inches into Irwin's leg is Bosvelt.
People make mistakes. He apologized for that one and he never did it again so I don't have a problem with it anymore though I found it absolute HORRIBLE at the time.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Sensi said recenlty that Roma will sign a young French forward and everyone pointed to Cisse .. but it seems that the player mentioned would be Louis Saha .. he plays for Fulham and impressed against Roma in a recent friendly ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)