transfer talk outside Juve... (2 Viewers)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
IMO this Russian guy is doing it all wrong!! In the end he won't make any effective signings. His money can't bring success cause he doesn't know what he is doing. He thinks he can bribe players to come to Chelsea? I think the players are smarter than that. They would just look like some greedy folks. Money isn't everything. What would you choose anyway, Real or Chelsea? Obviously Real.

I don't seem to be able to explain and express what I am really trying to say/mean.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
:eek::eek::eek:

BTW, has anyone heard about Boca Junior's Tevez's proposed move to Bayern? :undecide:
i've heard tha Bayern have been tring to sign him for a while now.
but Boca keep refusing saying that he's too young and that they could get a better price next year when he's 20 or 21.

Bayern are also tring to sign Makaay!! :eek:

Imagine an attacking force of: Ballack, Tavez, Makaay, Elber, Cruz, Ze Roberto...etc. not bad! :cool:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
IMO this Russian guy is doing it all wrong!! In the end he won't make any effective signings. His money can't bring success cause he doesn't know what he is doing. He thinks he can bribe players to come to Chelsea? I think the players are smarter than that. They would just look like some greedy folks. Money isn't everything. What would you choose anyway, Real or Chelsea? Obviously Real.

I don't seem to be able to explain and express what I am really trying to say/mean.
when you're raul you would chose real. when you're chasing cheap fame like macca you would chose real even if you're a bench warmer. but if you can go to good enough team with millions of potential ;) you would chose chelsea. the problem is that he tries to buy established stars who are very related to their teams. he could buy couple of near 30 players and loads of young talents. yes, russian guy is stupid. no one is linking chelsea with mexes, d'alessandro and other youngsters. with gudjohnssen and hasselbaink you won't go far, even in premiership.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
From the BBC

Viduka set to quit Leeds

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer

Leeds United's Mark Viduka wants to quit Elland Road before the start of the new season, BBC Sport understands.

Viduka has held talks with manager Peter Reid - and has made it clear he does not see his long-term future at Leeds.

This website understands he wants to join the long list of players who have left Leeds, but has not handed in a written transfer request.

Leeds manager Peter Reid said: "I have had a talk with Mark Viduka about his career, but nothing official has come out of these talks."

Reid was believed to be furious about Leeds' performance in the 4-2 friendly defeat at Burnley on Sunday, when Viduka was substituted at the interval.

Viduka was also taken off to avoid being sent off when he lost his cool in a pre-season friendly at York.

Afterwards Reid read the riot act and only Alan Smith was spared the manager's criticism.

Reid said: "There's a lot of work to do and the players have to ask themselves a lot of questions.

"Do they want to play for Leeds United? Well, do it my way or otherwise see you later."

Viduka has been linked with Roma, Barcelona and Lyon.

Leeds chairman Professor John McKenzie has insisted he is not for sale, but now it appears Viduka is determined to leave as Leeds face the prospect of another high-profile departure.

Leeds, however, are sure to want Viduka to hand in a written transfer request before making a decision on his future.

Reid has made it clear he does not want to keep unhappy players, but the loss of Viduka would be a savage blow.

If Viduka does quit Leeds, he will join Rio Ferdinand, Robbie Keane, Lee Bowyer, Robbie Fowler, Jonathan Woodgate and Harry Kewell on the list of departures.

Leeds also agreed a fee of £3.25m with Aston Villa for goalkeeper Paul Robinson, but the player rejected the move.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
SERGIO CONÇEICAO UP FOR GRABS!

Dutch football website Voetbal International reported that Sergio Conçeicao will leave Internazionale transfer free. The Portuguese international is unhappy with his role as substitute and feels that his situation will only deteriorate now that Van der Meyde has arrived in Milan.

Inter will let him go transfer free!

What do you think people? Potential Juventino?

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Surprise, surprise...Berk at it again:devil:

Berkovic demands transfer

Manchester City midfielder Eyal Berkovic has handed in a written transfer request after speaking to manager Kevin Keegan, and could be on his way to Portsmouth.
The 31-year-old Israel international has not been offered an extension to the two years he still has left on his City deal.

"The player has said that he wants to leave, as he is no longer happy at the club," said a statement on Manchester City's website.

A move to Portsmouth would see ex-West Ham player Berkovic link up again with former boss Harry Redknapp.

Berkovic has been plagued by injuries since arriving at the club from Celtic two years ago, and picked up yet another knock in the victory against Feyenoord last Friday.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
:eek:

Gooners call time on transfer market?:confused:

Wenger rules out more signings

Wenger wants to give youth a chance at Arsenal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that his summer spending is over following the solitary capture of German goalkeeper Lens Lehmann.

The Gunners boss will now focus his efforts on persuading inspirational captain Patrick Vieira to commit to the club before the start of the new season.

Wenger has been hamstrung in the transfer market by the financial demands of Arsenal's stadium plans.

The £1.5m signing of Lehmann is in stark contrast to rivals Chelsea's spending spree under new Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich.

But Wenger insisted he was not concerned by the lack of transfer activity.

And the Frenchman said he would give Highbury's youngsters, including Jermaine Pennant, Ryan Garry, Jeremie Aliadiere, Sebastian Svard and Philippe Senderos, a chance to break into the first team.

"I do not expect to sign any more players," Wenger told the club's website.

"We have lots of good young players and I am pleased with their attitude.

"It is a year when I wanted to integrate some of these players into the squad anyway.

"We saw them against Austria Vienna and we'll see them against Besiktas, and next week at Celtic and Rangers.

"We have them, plus the four French players and Kanu at home. So we have enough."

Vieira, 27, is due to return to training on Wednesday with just one year left on his existing contract.

The France international has constantly declared his loyalty Arsenal.

But he also warned that failure to agree terms before the new season starts would leave the club at risk of him leaving on a Bosman free transfer 12 months later.

Wenger added: "There's no news yet. It is all going well but as long as it is not signed, it's not signed.

"But I am always optimistic so I am not really concerned."

Arsenal are still in talks with Sylvain Wiltord over a new deal, with French clubs Lyon and Paris St Germain both reported to be considering a £5m bid for the striker.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Berkovic really needs to shut up for once :D

Great player, but never seems to bond with the fans.
You get the impression that he sees footie as purely a money making venture which he intends to make the most dosh out of ( Quite right I suppose...no real problem with that), but not when you get all this "I love this Club....I feel good here ' crap just to stick in a transfer request next week:irritate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)