Totti rejects to play for italy...again!! (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Spain played a recent Euro qualifier against Denmark at the Bernabeu in Madrid.
Also, Italy beat Ukraine 2-0 at the Olimpico in Rome October 06.
In the last 10 years how many times have these countires played in their capital city? Quoting 1 match out of a possible 30 is not really a good stat now is it? Spain play majority of their games in valencia whilst Italy just seem to pick any random stadium depending on some whim. It is either the birthplace of the manager or some nonsense. Quite why there isn't a national stadium, only their FA can answer that 1

@ Snoop, can you be more specific as to which part of my post that you highlighted is not true? Or is it the entire post? If so please enlighten us as to why you think it is instead of putting a smilie and just a short phrase.

As for Junhide, he is a quality poster, long post or not. Not everybody has the time to come on here and talking about body parts or just plain talking rubbish on a thread that has nothing to do with body parts
One good thing that I have done recently is to put people I cannot abide by their posts on ignore list, only i see it is when someone highlites their posts. i currently have 2 people. Pity I did not do this years ago, it would have saved me years of reading trash. I propose to those who do not like my posts to do the same and others they don't like to do the same, it causes less aggro

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
In the last 10 years how many times have these countires played in their capital city? Quoting 1 match out of a possible 30 is not really a good stat now is it? Spain play majority of their games in valencia whilst Italy just seem to pick any random stadium depending on some whim. It is either the birthplace of the manager or some nonsense. Quite why there isn't a national stadium, only their FA can answer that 1

@ Snoop, can you be more specific as to which part of my post that you highlighted is not true? Or is it the entire post? If so please enlighten us as to why you think it is instead of putting a smilie and just a short phrase.

As for Junhide, he is a quality poster, long post or not. Not everybody has the time to come on here and talking about body parts or just plain talking rubbish on a thread that has nothing to do with body parts
One good thing that I have done recently is to put people I cannot abide by their posts on ignore list, only i see it is when someone highlites their posts. i currently have 2 people. Pity I did not do this years ago, it would have saved me years of reading trash. I propose to those who do not like my posts to do the same and others they don't like to do the same, it causes less aggro
:blah: :blah:...u dont have to write half a page to get ure point across see ppl like Carlo D, Ze Tahir and Rebel to name a few...short and precise

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
it was a joke. you really to take these less seriously, for real..

Because i miss them and i think they are helping the forum with their constructive posts, sometimes we realy miss such material:smoke:
Jun-Hide is good, he does it not to show off that he knows something. he does it in polite way too btw, with respecting other opinions too. But as for them, yeah sometimes they have interesting arguments, but the Insults and the disrespect in the posts stops me reading them..

There are some Members here that are really great to discuss football with, but they are rare, and sadly it is not possible to focus or discuss football in this forum all the time, you would lose your mind of the responses you will get.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
it was a joke. you really to take these less seriously, for real..

Jun-Hide is good, he does it not to show off that he knows something. he does it in polite way too btw, with respecting other opinions too. But as for them, yeah sometimes they have interesting arguments, but the Insults and the disrespect in the posts stops me reading them..
There are some Members here that are really great to discuss football with, but they are rare, and sadly it is not possible to focus or discuss football in this forum all the time, you would lose your mind of the responses you will get.
Well pardon me while i cry, I cannot abide by people who come here and just insult other teams. Yes it is nice to support your team but not blindly and with total blinkered views. I will not abide by racists and they are quite a few of them on this forum and of late some people are showing terrorist tendencies. You cannot be wishing death on people and voicing it, you cannot insult someone's generation because he abused you as an individual. If my posts come across as condescending, i apologise for that. Football knowledge is to be shared and what you construe as an insult others are enlightened by it. I read people's posts to learn some things i did not know football wise. There is absolutely nothing i can learn from totti is a douchebag or Zlatan is scum or fuck Inter. Another pet hate is not accepting responsibility, we were demoted according to some people becaue of Inter end of story. I guess it will be better if I just came on here and talked about hating Inter or Barceloan or Real madrid or indeed AC Milan. I live in a country where I am not that close to death but its a constant wonder how people who live so close to horrors of death can be uttering death to this and that when they know first hand how horrifying violence is. You may think I am being too serious but I really have no time for anyone who has got violence and hatred in them. I see a lot of genuine hatred amongst some of you and I just find it really really baffling

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Well pardon me while i cry, I cannot abide by people who come here and just insult other teams. Yes it is nice to support your team but not blindly and with total blinkered views. I will not abide by racists and they are quite a few of them on this forum and of late some people are showing terrorist tendencies. You cannot be wishing death on people and voicing it, you cannot insult someone's generation because he abused you as an individual. If my posts come across as condescending, i apologise for that.
You think I love those? that's why I don't get serious most of the time here, because I tried the other way, whatever you write, they won't bother to read it or think of it.

Football knowledge is to be shared and what you construe as an insult others are enlightened by it. I read people's posts to learn some things i did not know football wise. There is absolutely nothing i can learn from totti is a douchebag or Zlatan is scum or fuck Inter. Another pet hate is not accepting responsibility, we were demoted according to some people becaue of Inter end of story. I guess it will be better if I just came on here and talked about hating Inter or Barceloan or Real madrid or indeed AC Milan. I live in a country where I am not that close to death but its a constant wonder how people who live so close to horrors of death can be uttering death to this and that when they know first hand how horrifying violence is. You may think I am being too serious but I really have no time for anyone who has got violence and hatred in them. I see a lot of genuine hatred amongst some of you and I just find it really really baffling
I don't understand why you tell me these, I have the same opinion here, but why you take them seriously? that's the question.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You don't think preaching violence o hatred and racism are serious things? Then what exactly is serious? We owe it to soceity to weed out dangerous people. I am not at all interested in bigots, religious fanatics and haters. I don't have the authority to ban anyone on here but if i did such people would have been long gone. People who talk off topic and do not write well do not bother me at all, but preaching hatred, i really have no time for. Once you think for 1 reason that you are better than someone else for whatever reasons, then you have lost me completely as an audience

Apr 12, 2004
You don't think preaching violence o hatred and racism are serious things? Then what exactly is serious? We owe it to soceity to weed out dangerous people. I am not at all interested in bigots, religious fanatics and haters. I don't have the authority to ban anyone on here but if i did such people would have been long gone. People who talk off topic and do not write well do not bother me at all, but preaching hatred, i really have no time for. Once you think for 1 reason that you are better than someone else for whatever reasons, then you have lost me completely as an audience
I'm better than you.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:lol: Burke don't kill ureself!!!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Many thanks Denco, Cronois for backing me up.:pint:

Snoop caught me out couple of times, so I guess the same thing happend with you denco.:D

Anyway, I agree with everything you said about what forum is all about. We come here to discuss the game, and there is nothing better than talking about soccer over a big glass of beer, in English term pint.:toast: And personally this forum is a great joy to visit every now then, because there are so many good posters knowledgeable posters that I respect in here. I mean how many people would watch Serie B, and follow likes of Nocerino, Criscito et al like mark77, Sateeh Dominic et al in other forums?

I too don't want to see this board ruined by complete vile non-sense, and personal insults. Because, I don't watch as much games as I used to (apart from Serie A), and forum is a best place to pick up latest gossip and news, which I would never get from standard news coverage. Having said that I personally don't mind Turk too much. I think what he said to Stu was totally out of line, but you know, if you lighten up and see his posts, you can just imagine 15 year old trying to be touch on the internet. That is kind of hilarious IMO. Beside, I too have a tendency to show some distaste towards oppositions such as Arsenal so become somewhat harsh on other members like fred (who I got nothing personal against just that I dont like Arsenal). But there is a fine line, and I guess some people do go across it.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Many thanks Denco, Cronois for backing me up.:pint:

Snoop caught me out couple of times, so I guess the same thing happend with you denco.:D

Anyway, I agree with everything you said about what forum is all about. We come here to discuss the game, and there is nothing better than talking about soccer over a big glass of beer, in English term pint.:toast: And personally this forum is a great joy to visit every now then, because there are so many good posters knowledgeable posters that I respect in here. I mean how many people would watch Serie B, and follow likes of Nocerino, Criscito et al like mark77, Sateeh Dominic et al in other forums?

I too don't want to see this board ruined by complete vile non-sense, and personal insults. Because, I don't watch as much games as I used to (apart from Serie A), and forum is a best place to pick up latest gossip and news, which I would never get from standard news coverage. Having said that I personally don't mind Turk too much. I think what he said to Stu was totally out of line, but you know, if you lighten up and see his posts, you can just imagine 15 year old trying to be touch on the internet. That is kind of hilarious IMO. Beside, I too have a tendency to show some distaste towards oppositions such as Arsenal so become somewhat harsh on other members like fred (who I got nothing personal against just that I dont like Arsenal). But there is a fine line, and I guess some people do go across it.
Yes that fine and good. Remember when you asked how come Totti cannot just ignore the press and whats written about him? Its a pity that he is not on this forum as he can just put them on his ignore list. The downside is that sometimes even on ignore some of the posts by people you have no interest whatsover filters thru otherwise majority of the crap they write you dont get to read. Like I said there are 2 people on this forum I have no interest at all in reading their posts so no matter what they say to me, i ususally don't reply cos i don't know and i don't care. Yes, I too came on here sometimes to read about serieB matches and some things are tolerable, some come on here cos they crave attention and theres nothing wrong with that but hatred towards people you don't know is just a waste of energy and time

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Yes that fine and good. Remember when you asked how come Totti cannot just ignore the press and whats written about him? Its a pity that he is not on this forum as he can just put them on his ignore list. The downside is that sometimes even on ignore some of the posts by people you have no interest whatsover filters thru otherwise majority of the crap they write you dont get to read. Like I said there are 2 people on this forum I have no interest at all in reading their posts so no matter what they say to me, i ususally don't reply cos i don't know and i don't care. Yes, I too came on here sometimes to read about serieB matches and some things are tolerable, some come on here cos they crave attention and theres nothing wrong with that but hatred towards people you don't know is just a waste of energy and time
I guess you hit the nail. I personally don't mind all those Inter bashing, Barca bashing et al, (though I don't spend too much time reading those), but I can't stand insults flying around. I don't understand why, but surely it can't be too hard for people to right sentences without hurling insults to each other.

Nonetheless, I don't think this board is too bad in terms posters behaving themselves. Trust me, there are some other boards (not relating to soccer), that is far worse in terms of racism, nationalism, and downright pure hatred. Which is why Juventuz is the only internet forum I bother to read and write occasionally.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well... hatred is part of the game we call football. It cannot survive without players and it cannot survive without clubs and it cannot survive without supporters; we all know that along with rivalries comes hate and along with hate comes violence. It's only natural and while negative it's one of the many different facets that comprise the human race. And although most of the time it's rather ugly, hate is also sometimes a good thing.

Personally, I only hate a few entities in this life, and one of them is Manchester United. They are probably the club I despise the most in this world, and if you have ever spent time in America with Manure fans and the football coverage, you'd probably start hating them as well or at least becoming sick of it. That said, I think I hold a right to "hate" them. I also hate some players and you probably can figure out which ones through experiances on here.

But yeah, I agree with you for the most part. Too many people on here just patrol the forums saying fuck Inter, fuck Ibrahimovic, fuck this fuck that without adding anything useful at all. Thankfully, though, there are a few posters who do add quite a lot and many of them are posting within this thread. What a surprise.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Well... hatred is part of the game we call football. It cannot survive without players and it cannot survive without clubs and it cannot survive without supporters; we all know that along with rivalries comes hate and along with hate comes violence. It's only natural and while negative it's one of the many different facets that comprise the human race. And although most of the time it's rather ugly, hate is also sometimes a good thing.

Personally, I only hate a few entities in this life, and one of them is Manchester United. They are probably the club I despise the most in this world, and if you have ever spent time in America with Manure fans and the football coverage, you'd probably start hating them as well or at least becoming sick of it. That said, I think I hold a right to "hate" them. I also hate some players and you probably can figure out which ones through experiances on here.

But yeah, I agree with you for the most part. Too many people on here just patrol the forums saying fuck Inter, fuck Ibrahimovic, fuck this fuck that without adding anything useful at all. Thankfully, though, there are a few posters who do add quite a lot and many of them are posting within this thread. What a surprise.
The hatred is no doubt part of this game. I don't disagree and I don't think denco too. But I guess there is a fine line which is tolerable and which aren't. Personally hurling insults to the TEAMs on internet isnt too bad compared to what actually goes on in real world (Well judging from those anti-semitic attack by PSG fans or infamous case in Catania). That is why I don't mind Turk, because surprisingly enough, I find him quite hilarious at times. But for me the biggest concern is that there is tendency for people to become personal.

But you know what, I think people are just getting bored of waiting for season. They havent got much to write about since the majority of transfer deal has been completed and no matches to watch; so you know they got their energy out, viola you see fuck inter, fuck zlatan et al. My advice to them is just watch Asia Cup.:D Then a lot of European friends here will recognize how priviledged they are it terms of quality they get from their football.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Denco!! why don't you understand me man?? We are on the same side at this. But I am talking about the attitude. You can't write all these longs posts to them, not saying it is worthless, but it doesn't deserve. Because they won't read it or try to understand what you are trying to tell. I tried, believe me I tried a lot. I took insults in back, some laughed others commented with imbecile responses.

But I give you the other way, make a list in your mind, and make fun of these idiots, until they give it up themselves. Believe me it is working. I can give you examples how many of them flied out of this forum that way. What I am saying, you can do it in fun way, much better than torturing yourself to make them understand.

You probably think I am a useless member here, maybe I am. I don't make serious arguments here that much anymore, only at match times maybe, or if we sign a player etc etc.. at the other time, I am trying to enjoy and make fun out of those Idiots, The Racists, Nationalists, those "fuck Morratti's " "break Totti's legs" "Ibrahimobitch" "crapello" kind of members.

If you check my posts of last season and before, you will see how I had those arguments too, even at times where 99% of the forum was arguing and insulting me for saying that. Some of them felt that behavior was wrong and childish, but the rest Idiots still the same, have grudge with the likes of Zlatan Capello Inter and others. YOU JUST CAN'T CHANGE THEM!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
What I have a problem with is Donadoni's attitude. He should have shown some balls FFS. If you ask me Totti's behaviour isn't genuine either. He was fishing for attention. I guess we'll all know the truth when Euro 2008 is there.
Donadoni's a pussy :agree: Defending and praising Totti the whole time wasn't necessary. My initial thoughts were that Totti would put off his return until Euro 2008 so he wouldn't have to play in the qualifiers and could thus focus his efforts on club football. He could still do that mind you, and he wouldn't be the first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)