Totti rejects to play for italy...again!! (1 Viewer)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Azzurri legend Gigi Riva says Italy has lost “one of its greatest stars” now Francesco Totti has retired from international football.

Riva is the Nazionale’s Team Manager and worked closely with the squad during the 2006 World Cup.

“I already knew of his decision, as I spoke with him for almost an hour about three weeks ago, discussing everything,” ‘Rombo di Tuono’ told Rete Sport.

“We must absolutely respect this decision and this man. We can only thank him for all he has done for the Azzurri.”

Some have reacted angrily to Totti’s year-long hiatus and today’s eventual announcement that the retirement was to be permanent.

“Italy have lost a real world class player, perhaps their greatest player. He was often decisive for the Azzurri and is certainly one of the greatest in the history of Italian football, giving so much to this sport.”

The Roma captain had originally stated he wished to return in September, when his ankle had fully healed from a fracture suffered in February 2006.

“I really appreciated the way he sacrificed himself and fought so hard to be at the World Cup. It was almost fearless. He always put the team first and comes out of this international experience with his head held high.”

Totti insists that the decision to walk away was purely physical, as he would find it “impossible” to play for Roma and Italy with a metal plate still holding his ankle in place.

“In football there comes a time when you have to think about family, your club and above all your health,” added Riva.

“Without that injury, we would’ve had him in the Azzurri for a few more years. It is a painful separation, as we wanted Francesco to play with us again.”

So Roberto Donadoni must rethink his plans for the crunch Euro 2008 qualifiers against France and Ukraine in September.

“The game with France will be the most difficult we have faced after the 2006 World Cup Final in Berlin. We hope to find a replacement worthy of the Giallorossi captain,” concluded Riva.

channel4

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I m sure that the cry baby will be back if Italy qualifies, just in time for the important games, to win all the glory for himself again...
Hopefully whoever is in charge when he tries to come back with have the nerve to tell him to get tae fuck.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
the euro 2000 was not meant to be Totti's tournament, if truth be told it was meant to be Dp's. Totti did not actually play badly as the tournament brought him into prominence internationally.
Yes, it should have been DP's tournament, & with those 2 "misses," (1 at least could have been the goal which gave Italy the winner's medal & dumped France) there was a hate campaign against him for ages after, which I prefer to forget. But back to Totti. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, my friend. Yes, I too thought he played not badly at all, but that's just the point. He wasn't outstanding. As I remember Euro 2000, both Totti & Inzaghi were being cited as Italy's new hopefuls & Inzaghi too did fairly well, but neither became what all Italy wanted, A new "fantasista" (Totti) & new Paolo Rossi (Inzaghi).

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Yes, it should have been DP's tournament, & with those 2 "misses," (1 at least could have been the goal which gave Italy the winner's medal & dumped France) there was a hate campaign against him for ages after, which I prefer to forget. But back to Totti. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, my friend. Yes, I too thought he played not badly at all, but that's just the point. He wasn't outstanding. As I remember Euro 2000, both Totti & Inzaghi were being cited as Italy's new hopefuls & Inzaghi too did fairly well, but neither became what all Italy wanted, A new "fantasista" (Totti) & new Paolo Rossi (Inzaghi).
:agree: :agree:...I also remember Fiore :lol:

Belgico

Numero Venti Due
Dec 28, 2006
I don't get him,
There are millions of people who dream of a selection for their national country and he just thinks like ' ow yeah, whatever, the national team pff '

I hate those people like him,
to much ego...
Maybe he is afraid or something like that 'cause else i don't get it

X-ZERO

From MÉXICO whit Love
Jun 22, 2007
Totti is a douche but also a brilliant player. He is one class above all Italian players. (Yes, even Del Piero.)

At some point maybe, but if u compare their primes, there's no way Totti is even close to Del Piero.

And if u like Totti so much why dont u join the Roma's fan page insted?!?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)