Top 5ive (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Now that the season has ended, I was wondering which players you thing were more important than others. Write down a list of 5 players in order from most important to least. Players that without them on the field we become severely degraded or weakened. Here's my list:

• 1. Gianluigi Buffon.
    2. Pavel Nedved.
    3. Edgar Davids.
    4. Alessandro Del Piero.
    5. Lilian Thuram.

Buffon : Without him we would play with Chimenti. Buffon have proved on many occasions that he is a world-class keeper and it would be difficult for any other keeper to replace him.

Nedved : Many believe we have lost the final when Nedved was booked for a tackle against Steve McManaman against Real in the semis. That's how much he is important to our team.

Davids : His work is like behind the scenes because his effort usually go unnoticed by fans but without him we suffer alot.

Del Piero : I know some of you would jump on me because we have won all 6 matches without him this season but we were simply in rich form. Without Del Piero, Lippi has to change his tactics.

Thuram : Thuram is so strong defensively and offensively. He is very reliable, and also difficult to replace.

Now give me ur list ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Well Tacchi and Zambro were great all season but they could easily be replaced. Tacchi with Tudor and Zambro with Camoranesi(right)/Pesso(left).

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Nedved: Without him we have things like Juve-Milan, CL final happening to us.

Lilian Thuram: Our best and most consistent defender by miles. And his attacking plays were great too. Its not often a player is a good defensive fullback and a great attacking fullback.

Edgar Davids: He's never let us down. (well maybe once ;)). Last year though he won a thrashing 86% of tackles he attempted.

Buffon: Did really well on some occasions but wasnt really phenomenal throughout. Guess its cuz he's a goalkeeper and his contribution ability is limited, but he did well in general.

Del Piero: Not to say he's bad. In fact he was the bond that held us together emotionally especially. Performance-wise he wasnt a superstar but im sure he was our best forward out there this season. Just playing against a man whos name is Alessandro Del Piero should make a team crumble.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    -Im very impressed with thuram´s performance through the whole season. That super nigga is solid rock!!. IMO he is the best on that position.

-Nedved, i always admired him at lazio,,and now my admiration to him is bigger than ever.

-Zambrotta: The guy showed that he have guts. After the camo revolutiom,,,he decided to show who was the man in the mid.

-Buffon: Without words,,this guy is the best goalkeper in the world, and without his saves, we would be surely out of the cL since the second round.

-Delpiero: The captain did some good things too.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    1. Buffon

2. Nedved

3. Davids

4. Del Piero

5. Thuram

:eek: same as yours Fahad...i agree, yours is spot on
    <--- indirectly complimenting myself ) ;)

:D

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    I don't think that some of you are getting the point behind this thread :D

I meant that you have to list the players that are important in the way that they can't be replaced. Or, if they had a long injury-layoff then maybe our results would have been different (worse) ..

For example, if Tacchi got injured then it wouldn't be very bad because he could be replaced with Tudor .. or if Camo had to sit a match out, then Zambro can step in .. However, if a player like Nedved misses a match we don't have a suitable player to replace him so his absence would make a huge difference ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I don't think that some of you are getting the point behind this thread :D

I meant that you have to list the players that are important in the way that they can't be replaced. Or, if they had a long injury-layoff then maybe our results would have been different (worse) ..

For example, if Tacchi got injured then it wouldn't be very bad because he could be replaced with Tudor .. or if Camo had to sit a match out, then Zambro can step in .. However, if a player like Nedved misses a match we don't have a suitable player to replace him so his absence would make a huge difference ;)
    oops my mistake....i'll change it now ...sorry, i tend to type bs when i'm doing laundry :D

Robert

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont think that somebody could replace Zambrotta.Gianluca is genius-he can play in several positions on the same level. Fast and strong player and I say nothing about his technics-its great.Zambrotta surely in top 5.
    1.Thuram-best defender in the world.
    2.Nedved-real leader of the team.
    3.Buffon- can stop a rocket.
    4.Zambrotta-play him there where you have a problem.
    5.Alex-heart of Juve.
    Also the rest of the team was great last season.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    1. Buffon
    2. Nedved
    3. Thuram
    4. Del Piero
    5. Zambrotta

Buffon has been fantastic. IMO the defense has been shaky, and sometimes Gigi was overworked. Fortunately he saved almost everything... words can't explain his season. Phenomanol!

Nedved, the worlds best midfielder? If not, he's close! He is on the very top of his game. Performing well in every single match I saw. So important for Juves attacking game...

Thuram was the best defender of the year... no doubt! I've never seen a man work harder than Lilian. He is extremly vital to our success.

Del Piero had some bad spells in the end. Injuries kinda screwed things up. But he finished on top of Juves scorers-list. 23 goals says it all.

Zambrotta along with Davids, Nedved and Tacchi were Juves warriors in midfield. I believe that this midfield is complete. He also did good as a defender, but in the end he finally knocked Camo out and won back his position in midfield. Great player who always plays his best and gives himself 100%. A real fighter...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Tom is Erik's nickname for his reflection in the mirror ;)
    Where did you get that? The guy in the mirror is named Phil, my shadow is Tom.

Geezz ... it's really not that hard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)