TIM trophy (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
final score milan 1 juve 0

Terrible performance with only chimenti deserving of a pass mark, its early days but we should look to the transfer market as lightning does not always strike twice, we have to make it happen ourselves not hoping inter or roma will screw up again

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
Some reports suggested in the Milan vs Juve match we created more chances than Milan. Zalayeta, Nedved and Salas all hit woods. Were all of these due to luck?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zebraheart ] ++
Zalayeta, Nedved and Salas all hit woods.
That sounds pretty funny actually, as if there was a distinct shortage of bathrooms in the stadium or something.. so they all hit the woods :D

Ps. I know what you meant, just trying to be funny here :D

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

That sounds pretty funny actually, as if there was a distinct shortage of bathrooms in the stadium or something.. so they all hit the woods :D

Ps. I know what you meant, just trying to be funny here :D
Oh, denco said that we deserved the defeat by all means. So neglective. I just want to know the truth. Was our performance that bad?

JuveGuy

Aug 1, 2002
Seems that we're not in good shape now. But this is only friendly, so I'm not worried.

Hey you guys, I'm back. Let's be together for season 2002-2003!

Forza My Great Juve and My Great Alex!:heart:

FaNaTiC

Jul 12, 2002
I have seen the match but I didnt seen terrible performance from Juve.
We were much better than Milan and team looked good against Inter.
Camonaresi-For me best Juve player on TIM Trophy

Fresi- good with some exellent tackles.

Bufffon-:thumb:

DP- Good nothing special I think he won prize for best player

Nedved-Lot of running nothing special

Chiamenti- good saves awful passes

Baiocco-:undecide:

Davids-Already he started with red cards

this was just Triangolo after 10 days they started and there is another month till begining so everthing will be better

SupJuve

Jul 12, 2002
overall i'm impressed by camoranesi. very promising. fast, skilled.

i think milan will suck again this year rivaldo can't save them.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well i have erad conflicting reports about the game, each side saying their side deserved to win, and all that, i have to say i have never heard an italian manager admit his side played badly so i am not surprised,

in my humble opinion, milan were the best side i saw, they created the most clear cut opportunities and at this stage, that counts as they seem to understand eachother and the way the way the forwards ran off the ball was good to see, they still have problem positions like right winger, and the defence may not be the best.

Inter are well like inter, they play better football when Vieri is not playing, because with him playing, they bypass the midfield

Juventus we had a good defence, some players caught my eye like Tacchinardi, chimenti fresi and Camonaresi

Our midfield is still a big worry for me and we don't seem to have a pattern of play, and i wasn't sure what formation we were playing though Lippi admitted we used it as a practise game, and we are a way from being fit

But its a worry to me that in 4 games against a libyan side, reginna, milan and inter, we scored 1 goal

Its imperative we get an attacking midfielder, a creative force and i did notice that we are still the slowest team

On a sad note, it might just have been Davids last match as yet again he had a red card

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Edgar Davids and Cosmin Contra were allegedly involved in a punch-up after both players were sent off in yesterday's Trofeo TIM clash between Milan and Juventus.

Davids was guilty of a bad foul on Rino Gattuso, Contra reacted angrily and both were sent-off.

The pair apparently continued the bust up on the way to the locker room. The unsavoury scenes have rarely been witnessed before in Serie A according to reports.

"I'm sorry, things like this should never occur on and outside the pitch, but sometimes you lose your temper," Gattuso told the Corriere dello Sport. "During the match nothing serious had really happened. However, now let's stop speaking about that incident, better forget all about it."

soccerage.com
-------------------------------
If it was any other player besides Davids I wouldn't believe a word... Now...? :undecide:

FaNaTiC

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
But its a worry to me that in 4 games against a libyan side, reginna, milan and inter, we scored 1 goal
last year we had same problems we didnt score goals on most Triangolo tournaments and when scudetto was over we scored most goals in serie A!

Team is together for 2 weeks dont judge them now.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Yes we lacked the urgency but we played great. I for one think that by the start of the season we should be in good shape. Am a little worried about the right midfield - almost non existence. when Zambrotta gets back everything will be ok. Something else, at times our defence was caught in sixes & sevens.

Juve
Good impressions:
Del Piero, Tachinardi, Salas, Fresi, Camonaresi, Buffon, Brighi

Bad impressions:
Davids (being a professional he should not have reacted the way he did - Sad especially since he had already started on a great run on the left), Nedved (out of sorts)

AC Milan
Good impressions:
Rui Costa, Sheva, Seerdorf

Inter Milan
Good impressions:
Dalmat

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
keep in mind that each 'match' lasted for only 45 minutes. you also forgot to mention our first friendly (8-1).

anyway, these matches aren't that important they are only there to increase the level of fitness of the players and give coaches fresh ideas, the real matches start on september1, and then we will judge how good is our squad.

im disapointed in one thing, lippi didnt test the 3-attack formation that he mentioned earlier, with dp-trez-salas, he should've used it in one of these friendlies at least.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am not sure Lippi will ever start a game with 3 strikers though and if he did we definitely need more strikers at the club, because theres no need to play 3 strikers and have only 1 striker for back up

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i dont know but in his first press conference he said that he would use it, and that it will give juve the 'edge'. i hope he was serious when he said that !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)