Thuram strikes again (3 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Thuram happy with Barca switch
Thursday 24 August, 2006

Channel4.com wrote:

Former Serie A rock Lilian Thuram says he’s pleased with his Spanish switch and has no regrets about leaving Italy.

The veteran defender left demoted giants Juventus, along with teammate Gianluca Zambrotta, for Barcelona and is delighted with his switch.

“Barca is a great club and I am glad I have been given another opportunity to achieve some important results, even if I am already 34,” said the World Cup finalist to Spanish news agency EFE.

“In Spain football is very technical and it’s very different from Italy, where everything depends on your physical condition.

“I enjoy the fact that training sessions all take place in a very relaxed atmosphere,” added Thuram.

“I am impressed by my teammates and I don’t think I have ever played in such a strong side.

“I was surprised by the high quality of the team and I trust I can still learn a lot,” continued France’s most capped international footballer.

“Lionel Messi is an extraordinary player, also considering he is only 19. I admit I didn’t know him before arriving here, but I am sure he will do very well.”

Thuram, who has won 121 caps with Les Bleus, also confirmed he will prolong his career with his national team after having announced his retirement following the Berlin Final.

"I will be available for Coach Raymond Domenech for the first Euro 2008 qualifiers [on September 2 against Georgia and four days later in a revenge match with world champions Italy]," confirmed Thuram.

"I really didn't have much choice, I received so much affection and compliments since the World Cup from French supporters all over the world.

"I took my time before taking any decision, because originally my intent was not to return to the national side."

Thuram was part of the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 winning sides and was left out of last week's friendly with Bosnia and Herzegovina while he made up his mind about his future.

What a moron!! Juve were never so strong, ey wanker?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    juventus710 said:
    he only talks after leaving the club
    what a professional, i cant believe juve paid 40 mill for dis guy

Million what? Apples?

Mar 6, 2005
    Meh, that's all mercenary talk.. Walk into a club, say it's the best you've ever even dreamed of, and you get on their good books.. simple as that..

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    jack i hope you realise that now you will eb called a racist etc.......
    some people just love to put their foot in it, he is a merc, plain and simple

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Bozi said:
    jack i hope you realise that now you will eb called a racist etc.......
    some people just love to put their foot in it, he is a merc, plain and simple
    I think it is time to unban bianconero :p

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Natalia said:
    can't he just shut up and get on with his life...what an idiotic thing to say
    Look, that line wasn't for Juve ears - it was for Barca fans. He's just sucking up, like most footballers do.

Seriously, how many Juve players over the years have praised the quality of the team? There's a ridiculous hyper-sensitivity to any purceived slight on here recently.

vletrmx

Mar 22, 2006
    i'm sure if joined real madrid, he would say the same, an if one day (hopefully not) he returned to juve, he'd say that juve was always in his heart and some other bukshit.. in some way he reminds me capelo

Apr 12, 2004
    I just read that and called SingJuve, this is what he had to say:

"when i see thuram!! i tell him what think abou tthis i trell him that no go to barca be bad man JUVE!! he do again that juve i go from china all way barca and numbchuck norris him so hard his grandmother FEEL!!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)