Thuram: Juve Deserved Punishment (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs. inzaghi

Jul 13, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
After Juve, Gala :tup: Fenerbahce are nothing compared to this illustrious club. I think in general people like fener more due to having a fomer player playing there (appiah).
What do you mean? I don't really care about Fenerbahce but if you think that Galatasaray is nothing compared to Juve, that's something really disrespectful. You can't just compare or criticize teams by humiliating. It may seem like "nothing" to you, but these teams put on effort for becoming champions of their own national league. Besides that, Galatasaray is the first Turkish team to get the UEFA Cup by beating Arsenal and Super Cup by beating Real Madrid. This seems like "something" to me and many other people. On the other hand, Juve is of course an illustrious club. I have nothing to say for that. It's obvious. I'm supporting Juve since I was like 4 years old.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 6, 2006
Well what do you expect? He was the one who said "juventus who?" during an interwiew at Germany when asked about his feelings on Calciopoli. Great player but not very diplomatic, huh?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
mrs. inzaghi said:
What do you mean? I don't really care about Fenerbahce but if you think that Galatasaray is nothing compared to Juve, that's something really disrespectful. You can't just compare or criticize teams by humiliating. It may seem like "nothing" to you, but these teams put on effort for becoming champions of their own national league. Besides that, Galatasaray is the first Turkish team to get the UEFA Cup by beating Arsenal and Super Cup by beating Real Madrid. This seems like "something" to me and many other people. On the other hand, Juve is of course an illustrious club. I have nothing to say for that. It's obvious. I'm supporting Juve since I was like 4 years old.
Some misunderstanding here. I was comparing Gala and Fenerbahce. With Gala being the illustrious club. I myself like gala but only as a second team if that actually means anything.

gusmano

Mar 15, 2004
... and again I have no idea what you all are talking about. What Thuram said is just correct. Ap:disagree: arently there's no one here who understands that some people of our club have done illegal things. Because of them we're all punished, but you can't say that aparently. So what your saying is we should legalise matchfixing.

great thinking guys!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
I agree with Swag's point, his comments were unneccesary and mistimed, but he is right and I don't really feel that it's justified to insist he is an asshole and hurl relentless insults in his direction.

He stated the obvious, and it could've been handled in a more professional manner, but this doesn't change the fact that he served us well in his time, and he's not a mercenary at all IMO.
That's your opinion, however I think otherwise. Thuram's comments regarding Juventus and Pessotto during the World Cup were appalling and lacked meaning and he pushed his way out of the door quicker than bianconero can find an online thesaurus. He was never a fit captain and always wanted the higher pay rise despite already being one of the top earners on the team. Now after all Juventus has given him, all Thuram can say about our club is, "Juventus deserves harsh punishment.

No shit Thuram. Well fuck you very much, but thanks for thinking of us. Just goes to show what sort of ungracious and prententious captain he turned out to be. But that's just my opinion; anybody can think what they want of Thuram. Most people here seemingly thought he was always better than Carles Puyol, so hell why not call him better than Maldini why we're at it.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i always liked his personality in his time at juve and he was a leader on the field from the way i was seeing things. I didnt compare him to puyol or to maldini in regards to leadership qualities but imo it was right for him to be placed as vice captain.
His comments were mistimed and uncalled for, but we have to be fair....he didnt say anything wrong.

anyway he is gone now, so...no reason discussing the past any longer for me

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
sateeh said:
i always liked his personality in his time at juve and he was a leader on the field from the way i was seeing things. I didnt compare him to puyol or to maldini in regards to leadership qualities but imo it was right for him to be placed as vice captain.
His comments were mistimed and uncalled for, but we have to be fair....he didnt say anything wrong.

anyway he is gone now, so...no reason discussing the past any longer for me
How on earth did Thuram deserve to be vice captain? Zambrotta was the next in line, Nedved was clearly more deserving for how he always gives 100% and is the voice of reason, and even Buffon is a more vocal player than Lilian. But instead of giving it to those players Capello decided to stomp his foot and give it to Thuram... what an absolute joke.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Andy said:
How on earth did Thuram deserve to be vice captain? Zambrotta was the next in line, Nedved was clearly more deserving for how he always gives 100% and is the voice of reason, and even Buffon is a more vocal player than Lilian. But instead of giving it to those players Capello decided to stomp his foot and give it to Thuram... what an absolute joke.
this is where i disagree with you, i think thuram is a very vocal player and more importantly a level headed guy.

Thats the reason why i would dismiss neddy from being captain, he is not the most level headed guy and i think the captain should always have that attribute.

i would've given zambro the armband but he was injured a lot last season and thats why i think cap gave thuram the armband....The team needs a consistant captain(in regards to playing time)

And abt gigi , am not too keen on giving the captaincy to goalkeepers as they r not in the thick of the action that much.

So for me it should've been zambro but considering the circumstances thuram got it and he did a good job so he kept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)