Thuram And Cannavaro (1 Viewer)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I have a feeling that we will still have defensive problems further into the season.....I hope I'm wrong though....

Aug 26, 2003
yes, i also hope you are wrong! i am very sure you are wrong! no i think we should not always think back to last season, were it was terrible!

we have great first defence, and players like Tudor (when injury free) and Legro (finding his form) will inprove!! and i think players like Ferrara and Birindelli are also very useful for some matches!

Alex

May 1, 2004
Since Canna-Thuram are doing so well and we have back up in Montero, Tudor etc why not loan Legro out. He was a decent player 3 years ago. He will never get a chance now so whats the harm we don't need him currently.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I think we should keep Legro for as long as we possibly can. Unlike Iuliano/Montero/Pessotto/Ferrara he is still young. Loan is a good idea.

I am sure he wants some of that playing time, and to make it to the national squad again.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Since Canna-Thuram are doing so well and we have back up in Montero, Tudor etc why not loan Legro out. He was a decent player 3 years ago. He will never get a chance now so whats the harm we don't need him currently.
montero isn't fit enough to keep up over a whole 90 mins,and tudor can't get through 90mins without getting injured so as far as CBs are concerned leggro isn't really surplus.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Definately 1, perhaps 2 or even 3. Depends on the circumstances. But if everything goes well we indeed have one of the best defences in Europe.:cool:

As for the subs I think it's time to let go of Iuliano, Tudor, Montero, Ferrara, etc. At least two of them. Not sure about Legro but he should improve with time so he could be useful.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
I think Ferrara is staying to retire with the club, maybe start coaching
yeah, it will happen after this year... :touched:

Montero and Pessotto are here for their last seasons too... :touched:

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
i think they r the 2nd best duo after nesta + maldini

hell no.... thuram and cannavaro is stronger than maldini-nesta bcuz unlike ac milan, we haven't conceded any goals.
And the understanding between thuram-cannavaro is UNBELIEVABLE.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
From the Article in Football Italia No Toni For Juventus

Palermo already faced an uphill task seeing as Juventus have yet to concede a goal in the new campaign.

One of the main reasons for that is the arrival of Azzurri captain Fabio Cannavaro, a summer signing from Inter.

"It is as if I’ve gone back in time seeing as I’ve joined my former Parma colleagues in the form of Lilian Thuram and Gigi Buffon," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I’ve always had an excellent relationship with both of them and that is evident on the field of play.

"For example, I know how Thuram approaches an opponent which allows me to take the necessary measures. He knows me well too.

"The fact that we are a well developed partnership is an obvious advantage. And if we both make a mistake then there is always a magician behind us…

"Buffon is undoubtedly the best goalkeeper in the world. We have to give him something to do now and again otherwise he wouldn’t get noticed!"

:thumb: :howler:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++

hell no.... thuram and cannavaro is stronger than maldini-nesta bcuz unlike ac milan, we haven't conceded any goals.
And the understanding between thuram-cannavaro is UNBELIEVABLE.
maldini-nesta is better than canna-thuram,i don't know how you can even contest that.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

maldini-nesta is better than canna-thuram,i don't know how you can even contest that.
Thats your very respectable opinion, but some of us are entitled to disagree. Im an italian NT lover, and i really like Nesta and Maldini, but i think Canna- Thuram are probably a better duo, because Maldini is not a natural Central defender he nows play it because is old, his great years he was a lateral defender. Lets see at the end of the season what team receive more goals.....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
nesta is the best defender in the world,and about maldini's age well canna and thuram are only two years younger and their combined ages are older than nesta-maldini.

canna and thuram may have understanding,but there's only so much you can do with a good partnership.even if we concede less by the end of the season,it still won't prove they're better.there are alot of factors that decide the number of goals the team concedes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)