Thuram And Cannavaro (2 Viewers)

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
nesta is the best defender in the world,and about maldini's age well canna and thuram are only two years younger and their combined ages are older than nesta-maldini.
Ah, not quite, actually. Nesta and Maldini together make 64 years (born '76 and '68) while Canna and Thuram together make 63 years ('73 and '72).

That doesn't necessarily mean that I think our duo is better (they have been so far this season, though :D ) but we should respect the facts... for example that Maldini definately isn't only two years older than Thuram or Canna...

OP

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43
    Maldini and Nesta are very good defenders
    Nesta is probably the best deefender in the world and Maldini is a legend but even though Maldini and Nesta are better players then CAnnavaro-Thuram I think our duo is better.

Why?

Cause Thuram-Cannavaro know each other so well from Parma days and are also extremly confident with Buffon and the rest of the squad. They are also best of friends. Maldini-Nesta ia s good duo but there isn't that chemistry which exsist between Thuram and Cannavaro.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Doesnt seems like it helps at the moment, Stam obviously has problems to adapt or something.

Buffon - Thuram - Cannavaro, the best trio in modern time.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
    Doesnt seems like it helps at the moment, Stam obviously has problems to adapt or something.

Buffon - Thuram - Cannavaro, the best trio in modern time.
    I agree. And not only in Italy

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    Add to that Zambrotta on the left, and we have the best "quartet" or whatever it is called in the modern game;):cool:

Would be great to have someone really good on the right too, but we already have Zebina and I guess he isn't that bad...he could really improve playing alongside such champions.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Nowadays the L/R backs are soo ultra offensive that i almost dont call them defenders anymore. But anyhow Zambrotta and Zebian are excellent! too ;)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

it was even older last year with costacurta still playing week in week out:)

damn,why can't montero play like that:(:D
    I defintly disagree with this.

IMO, Montero has been and is much better defense than Billy...Paolo is injured right now, thats why he is not playing....Did you saw Montero in Copa America ????

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

I defintly disagree with this.

IMO, Montero has been and is much better defense than Billy...Paolo is injured right now, thats why he is not playing
    we have seen a huge drop in quality in his performances last season,yet costacurta has remained reliable at his age of 37.

[....Did you saw Montero in Copa America ????
    ....Did you see montero in Serie A ????

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

we have seen a huge drop in quality in his performances last season,yet costacurta has remained reliable at his age of 37.

....Did you see montero in Serie A ????
    Time to move on, Des. We cant keep thinking in last season forever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)